Old Grafters

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Same as me,punched my guts out since leaving school and planned to be  semi retired at 50, mortgage free and be able to pick and choose 2/3 days a week for beer money...the rest of my days will hopefu

Watched my ole fella bust a gut till he couldn't anymore, spent his last years with a knackered body and eventually a knackered mind, fcuk working till mid seventies.  I'll graft away till my you

I've been a binman for the last 23 years . It used to be a great job , with decent money , decent hours , and a great bunch of lads to work with . I'm  unbelievably bored with it now and i feckin hate

Posted Images

Retired at 51 twenty years ago. Came home from abroad and got a couple of allotments and some hens, ducks and quail.

Spend a lot of my time out with the dogs or at the allotments.

Why on earth work till your an old man and to old to enjoy what’s left of your life ?

Cheers.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Councilestatekid said:

Know 2 lads still at it builder 76 his labourer is 79 still do a good tidy job put half of the youngsters to shame on the graft.ive no intention of lasting that long 50 and out for me can't wait to retire off to a sunnier place mrs will be 45 

Same as me,punched my guts out since leaving school and planned to be  semi retired at 50, mortgage free and be able to pick and choose 2/3 days a week for beer money...the rest of my days will hopefully be filled with fishing,mooching and travelling around exploring parts of the UK/Europe in a motorhome with my better half...Im almost there at 45👌DSC_4870.JPG.c1559075e3da450ec11304772f8f2ba1.JPG

Im no stranger to graft,can turn my hand to most things...but Im not working  away till my 60/70s like some mug...to be f****d physically or only to waste away a few yrs later and be the richest man in the graveyard😉 ..you get one go at this Life.....and its not all about work ...its for living👍

• Like 16
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Think it helps if you have a job you enjoy doing something I have never had. 

My Dad worked on the tugs from the age of 14 and loved it said there was never a day he didnt want to go to work, always envied that as Ive never found a job Ive enjoyed, just disliked more than others. 

• Like 2

What I did when I was 63 was give up work on Fridays doing a 4 day week self employed. The plan was supposed to happen when I was 60 but gave in to people wanting me to work. At 63 I made it strictly 4 days no Fridays and long weekend every week. The best thing I ever did work wise, I would recommend it. Also being self employed pleasing myself what took on and if I want to f**k off home early.

As for working till 66 or more its a financial thing for most people.

Cheers Arry 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Same as me,punched my guts out since leaving school and planned to be  semi retired at 50, mortgage free and be able to pick and choose 2/3 days a week for beer money...the rest of my days will hopefully be filled with fishing,mooching and travelling around exploring parts of the UK/Europe in a motorhome with my better half...Im almost there at 45👌DSC_4870.JPG.c1559075e3da450ec11304772f8f2ba1.JPG

Im no stranger to graft,can turn my hand to most things...but Im not working  away till my 60/70s like some mug...to be f****d physically or only to waste away a few yrs later and be the richest man in the graveyard😉 ..you get one go at this Life.....and its not all about work ...its for living👍

Same mate got 9 years to go but worked since 13 watched alot of boys graft then when finally give up and are f****d and just spend there days in the pub.ive stacked a pension for a good few years now and had a good chunk put in and at 50 should have a decent amount.mrs has only ever worked part time just because she enjoys it and likes the girls she works with.but like I've said to her if we get into late 70s or something and just av our state pension to live off council can give me a little bungalow in my town and ill be happy we've never had anything before it's all about living I work to live not live to work and had kids since I was 17 so from 50 it's our time 

• Like 5

IMG_20230829_134548_HDR.jpg.ab260b5fc1b58b3bdf362d29ecf9e42e.jpgBeen doing mostly seasonal work grass cutting etc for a few year now, and the woodland restoration any chance I get, been doing my chainsaw training lately and got a new job and some other prospects off the back of it, see how I get on, sure I'll miss sitting under the tarp on the ride on when rained off, can hardly watch YouTube and jerk off on site or night shift rail track work at 3 o'clock in the morning screaming demon in hand :hmm:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I always wanted to retire by 50,I stopped when I was 48,still do the odd project but it’s not exactly work,did what I originally intended to do which was educate my kids so they had a good foundation in life,got one of them set up in the states with a few dollars in his piggy-bank,one day probably going to sit on a Thai beach somewhere and my sun will set,till then there’s plenty of interesting things to see and do.

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, mackem said:

I always wanted to retire by 50,I stopped when I was 48,still do the odd project but it’s not exactly work,did what I originally intended to do which was educate my kids so they had a good foundation in life,got one of them set up in the states with a few dollars in his piggy-bank,one day probably going to sit on a Thai beach somewhere and my sun will set,till then there’s plenty of interesting things to see and do.

That'll be me mate thai beach prob hua hin prob buy a condo next couple of years so it's there ready 

• Like 2

I'll be grafting till I can't .. couldn't afford not to.

some people are switched on with money and savings.

Me no matter how much graft I do and money I make something always comes along to f**k it up 

• Like 3