Straight lines by Sarah

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone who says they have not had or seen a dog straight lined, has not got the experience to voice an opinion worth listening to.

If you listen to half the people out there they've never blanked in there life always got dogs that are world beaters and everybody else's dogs are inferior

The dreaded words I hate to hear from anyone who is out with me " its dead this " well it might of been until you jinxed it!!!!!

Posted Images

19 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I once had a collie/grey that got straight lined by EVERY hare ! LOL !

Cheers.

Definitely, although In fairness they can occasionally nail them when hunting up and they are so close the hare is turning straight away. Apart from that, the usual form is one turn and then the hare puts the afterburners on 😜

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Luckee legs said:

Definitely, although In fairness they can occasionally nail them when hunting up and they are so close the hare is turning straight away. Apart from that, the usual form is one turn and then the hare puts the afterburners on 😜

To be fair, it was the only collie/grey I’ve had, and the saying “couldn’t catch a rabbit in a ‘phone box” could have been written for it.

It was that bad I can’t even remember it’s name or what happened to it !

But I have seen a few decent ones, including, believe it or not, Hancock bred ! 
Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A pure saluki a lad from Doncaster had one of the reasons he would always course on big land. Once saw a good coursing bitch out of the merlin and eve blood that ran good on Crowland get straight lined to a big pine wood at Tickhill near Doncaster as well as some of my dogs at the time . I have never seen hares as fast on this land due to them being run regular and the land having small coppices and turf fields dotted about.

• Like 2
On 22/12/2023 at 17:19, paulus said:

Seen a few and owned a couple that were straight lined by a good February Hare, That time of year they are the best of the best, Ears flat and overdrive engaged, 

Too fast for my dawgs....🙄

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 3