Sciatica

Woke up yesterday morning 1 cough and bang lower back gone again..pins and needles down my right leg and bent over trying to walk about..

What's the best way you have found to alleviate the pain and stiffness..

• Sad 1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In terms of routine basic back maintenance we can all do more with simple exercises,posture and building a stronger core but unfortunately its the kind of thing most people dont pay any attention to u

I put my back out yesterday again. Thing is I know what makes it a risk, I know how to stop not being a risk, but I go in a cycle because of work and other things! When I am eating well and exerc

My back is shot to pieces .  I have major permanent sciatica on the left hand side, and I haven’t really been able to feel my left foot for years . The only thing that has ever held it at bay is walki

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, king said:

Woke up yesterday morning 1 cough and bang lower back gone again..pins and needles down my right leg and bent over trying to walk about..

Nurofen , ice and gentle stretching .

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, king said:

stretching exercises help me agreat deal   and keep moving about if possible , tablet wise i use to take naproxine

1 hour ago, king said:

Curse of my life and it’s getting worse as I get older, loads of anti inflammatory tablets (I use Vimovo) , heavy pain killers, a decent back support and rest/movement…..obviously the movement is only if you can walk which I have not been able to a couple of times.

A tens machine used to help a bit as well, but I lost mine somewhere and didn’t get another but if you have access they are handy. 

34 minutes ago, steve66 said:

stretching exercises help me agreat deal   and keep moving about if possible , tablet wise i use to take naproxine

Laying on your back and pulling my knees to my chest with my hands takes nearly all the pain away mate..but walking about is terrible ot feels like I'm lop sided 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

Curse of my life and it’s getting worse as I get older, loads of anti inflammatory tablets (I use Vimovo) , heavy pain killers, a decent back support and rest/movement…..obviously the movement is only if you can walk which I have not been able to a couple of times.

A tens machine used to help a bit as well, but I lost mine somewhere and didn’t get another but if you have access they are handy. 

What is the root cause of it mate..a back support sounds a good idea..what type have you found to be the best..I haven't got a tens machine..

I'm in the dozer now the lads had to help me get up the tracks. Back feels like it's going to snap..heated seat has been on since 6:30..luckily I'm working with wet soft material so no bouncing about..

1 hour ago, king said:

Get an appointment with a chiropractor or physiotherapist, kingy. 

They should treat you at your first session, and also give you a program of exercises and stretches to do at home.

Chucking loads of painkillers into your system is only a short term fix, and won't get rid of the underlying problem.

• Like 6

I struggled for yrs with it which was literally ruining my life work , driving ect , started doing xfit after speaking to someone which you’d think would be the worse solution , slowly but surely I actually think it’s working by strengthening the areas which was creating the problem , so the quick fix is medication but long term (for me anyway) exercise . . The thought of having it again is bad enough.

• Like 6
15 minutes ago, king said:

What is the root cause of it

Get it checked,my missus told me the story of a guy who went in for a check up,all the classic sciatica symptoms,it was a tumour trapping the nerve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got left shoulder fixed day later terrible back pain, osteo repositioned my hip immediately better. Currently got torn rotator in other shoulder, 3 months driving me nuts, trying to get scan near impossible might be surgery, the cold water dips I do relieve everything for a few hours....hope you get it sorted, sitting in a heated seat may not be helping if it's inflamed and or trapping a nerve...

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Get an appointment with a chiropractor or physiotherapist, kingy. 

They should treat you at your first session, and also give you a program of exercises and stretches to do at home.

Chucking loads of painkillers into your system is only a short term fix, and won't get rid of the underlying problem.

That's sound advice mate..I will look for a local 1 and make an appointment. Something ain't right with the back surely..

• Like 1