Sciatica

Fk me - reading this lot, I've been lucky.

I had sciatica once when I was 16 after getting planted on my back - a shooting pain in the arse cheek and a divvy limp. The gp recommended that I dangle off something - a go on the swings frame sorted that thankfully. Then broken ribs in my early 20s - I stayed stoned for a while so that I could cough and sigh.

........ although, I'm not of made rubber anymore so, I tend to be a bit more careful. 

My thing now is these ganglion cysts in my palms and feet. Ain't it fkn great........ I would have gone a bit more mad in my younger dad's if I'd known that I'd end having to shave my nose hair :laugh:

• Haha 1

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In terms of routine basic back maintenance we can all do more with simple exercises,posture and building a stronger core but unfortunately its the kind of thing most people dont pay any attention to u

I put my back out yesterday again. Thing is I know what makes it a risk, I know how to stop not being a risk, but I go in a cycle because of work and other things! When I am eating well and exerc

My back is shot to pieces .  I have major permanent sciatica on the left hand side, and I haven’t really been able to feel my left foot for years . The only thing that has ever held it at bay is walki

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Co-codamol doesn’t do that. You had to have been on something else mate. 
Here I can literally go to the quacks with a cough and become a smackhead!

I was on antibiotics and cocodamol mate..that's all I was taking..I ate a few packets of nurofen and anadin and they didn't touch the pain..cocodamol did ease the pain a lot..1 side of my head felt like I had been hit by a sledgehammer it was hurting like feck..so it must of been cocodamol that gave me that overwhelming urge to take more.i don't know what's in them but I haven't taken any since and won't ever again mate..

35 minutes ago, king said:

I was on antibiotics and cocodamol mate..that's all I was taking..I ate a few packets of nurofen and anadin and they didn't touch the pain..cocodamol did ease the pain a lot..1 side of my head felt like I had been hit by a sledgehammer it was hurting like feck..so it must of been cocodamol that gave me that overwhelming urge to take more.i don't know what's in them but I haven't taken any since and won't ever again mate..

Never heard that before with them mate and not saying you’re wrong.

Dyhydrocodein! (Spelling) That’s the one you want if you’re in pain term. But it will kill ya soul. Great for a night out in Blackpool mind lol 

1 hour ago, mushroom said:

Never heard that before with them mate and not saying you’re wrong.

Dyhydrocodein! (Spelling) That’s the one you want if you’re in pain term. But it will kill ya soul. Great for a night out in Blackpool mind lol 

co codamol is codeine you’ll get a habit on them similar but not as strong as diyhydracodeine 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

got it due to a slipped disc squashing the nerve, gabapentin worked well but the side effects were not nice, pregabalin is nearly as good and less problems, both of them are nerve signal blockers rather than pain receptor blockers like the codeine based drugs, booze and green did absolutely nothing.

7 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I only managed 5 days in that state! as you say I felt nothing at all, everything was dream like.... I hated it! I know there is no way I could be a smack head, I'm too much of a control freak!! lol

Same here . Not being fully with it , really wears you out.

• Like 1

I am having a good run at the moment with no flare ups that might be down to the noryltriptine i am on its one very small tablet taken at 7 every night. A decent pair of workboots at work were i am walking up and down on an hard concrete floor also seems to help though i am still getting the odd twinge in my left hip joint.

12 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I couldn't straighten up mate, went in on a Sunday morning and kept in all day for tests, MRI etc...they checked for something (can't remember the name) which can be pretty dangerous, affects the "tail" of your spine and the nerves attached...it was a problem with the discs, like others say if f****d my leg and especially my hip... I've not had a bad one like that since, but have this constant dull feeling in my right foot...as others said, walking, exercise etc helps the most, I've been advised to do a lot more core exercises by a good mate, specific stretching and pilates... as gay as it is I'm going to start them after Christmas, maybe even yoga...I know building the core strength back up will help me.... worst for me is if I've done a stint of working in the office, better off moving constantly...standing still for long periods is another killer for me...

Codeine is highly addictive mate that’s why doctors tell you not to take for longer than a couple weeks.