R.I.P Shane

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just been listening to rainy night in soho . It's a song that I used to sing to my late wife. It made me smile , but also brought a tear to my eye.

Absolute  Legend https://news.sky.com/story/the-pogues-star-shane-macgowan-best-known-for-christmas-hit-fairytale-of-new-york-dies-at-65-13008760

Maybe...but theres not  many 'junkies' with the coin he would of had ...or the legacy he leaves his kids etc ...very well thought of in the Emerald Isle and around the world... so have a day off pal👍

2 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

My family used to watch the Black & White Minstrel Show. I always refused to watch it as I found it deeply offensive... to my feck'n ears!

Ditto. Absolute freaky weird shit. Occasionally they would have high kicking dancing girls which made me interested even when I was a kid. Especially the ones with the French knickers.lol

14 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Ditto. Absolute freaky weird shit. Occasionally they would have high kicking dancing girls which made me interested even when I was a kid. Especially the ones with the French knickers.lol

The Can Can? I would would but was too young so couldn't couldn't.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, NEWKID said:

We loved it, first time we've been, will go back soon and visit more places.... on our way to South of France now to stay with a good friend of ours, my birthday tomorrow so celebrating there, it will definitely get messy! Lol

Well happy birthday for tomorrow good day to be born seen as it's mine to 😂

• Like 1
3 hours ago, eastcoast said:

My family used to watch the Black & White Minstrel Show. I always refused to watch it as I found it deeply offensive... to my feck'n ears!

Remember Saturday nights when my Grandmother was baby sitting and having to watch Val Doonican that was the same. Lol 

• Like 1
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Lankum, the Mary Wallopers, Lisa O’Neill and John Francis Flynn recall their encounters with late Pogues singer –...

Interesting article....the Man was well thought of 👍

• Like 1

Thought this was nice…, very ‘Irish’ if you get what I mean. And no adulteration of his lyrics either, beautiful as they are. Rainy night in Soho always going to be my favourite though.

NEWS.SKY.COM

Mourners in Dublin gathered in the morning as Shane MacGowan's...

Edited by pesky1972
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Thought this was nice…, very ‘Irish’ if you get what I mean. And no adulteration of his lyrics either, beautiful as they are. Rainy night in Soho always going to be my favourite though.

NEWS.SKY.COM

Same here, and I'm a huge fan. Saw him in concert many times, and met him once when he walked into my local pub, many moons ago. Just down to earth sort, and had time to chat to everyone. Got up and done few tunes with the band that was playing that night too.

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

NEWS.SKY.COM

Think I See John Sheehan on the tin whistle there , got to be one of the best players of the tin whistle and maybe even one of the best on the fiddle 

• Like 2