R.I.P Shane

13 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

A great song writer its a miricle he lived to 65 and his wife must be a gem of a woman to have stood by him all these years they were together. R.I.P.

She featured in the video for Rainy Night In Soho. Only a young lass at the time.

• Like 3

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just been listening to rainy night in soho . It's a song that I used to sing to my late wife. It made me smile , but also brought a tear to my eye.

Absolute  Legend https://news.sky.com/story/the-pogues-star-shane-macgowan-best-known-for-christmas-hit-fairytale-of-new-york-dies-at-65-13008760

Maybe...but theres not  many 'junkies' with the coin he would of had ...or the legacy he leaves his kids etc ...very well thought of in the Emerald Isle and around the world... so have a day off pal👍

4 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

While your in Barcelona check out Casa Mia and especially Parc Guell it looks like everything is made of marzipan Gaudi is where the old fashioned expression it looks a bit gaudy comes from great place enjoy.

We loved it, first time we've been, will go back soon and visit more places.... on our way to South of France now to stay with a good friend of ours, my birthday tomorrow so celebrating there, it will definitely get messy! Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
43 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

My old man got me into Dylan, Willie Nelson, Bruce Springsteen and lots of Irish stuff... I love Fleetwood Mac as well 

My old man used to drive me off my f***ing canister with Irish Soldier Laddie, Danny Boy and all manner of assorted nonsense……still, was on the way home the other night and was listening to Embarrassment from the Absolute Madness album and my older lad was singing along.

I said “Your grandad bought me this album in 1980” ! ……some things are just generational I guess 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
40 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

While your in Barcelona check out Casa Mia and especially Parc Guell it looks like everything is made of marzipan Gaudi is where the old fashioned expression it looks a bit gaudy comes from great place enjoy.

Didn't know that. Cheers.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

My old man used to drive me off my f***ing canister with Irish Soldier Laddie, Danny Boy and all manner of assorted nonsense……still, was on the way home the other night and was listening to Embarrassment from the Absolute Madness album and my older lad was singing along.

I said “Your grandad bought me this album in 1980” ! ……some things are just generational I guess 

It's strange how each generation is loyal to its own music. We must miss out on so much by only listening to the songs we are familiar with.

The only stuff I can't get into Jazz. Just don't get it. I can't get into The Smiths either. I can enjoy some rap,but the majority of it is bollox imo.

But as has been said,its all subjective.

55 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

I checked put the derivation of the word gaudy mate. It's a middle English word, in use before Gaudi came on the scene.

It does seem to fit his style though.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Rip Shane....lasted longer than most would of thought 🙏

been to a couple of his gigs when he was with the popes  ,and both times was a bit of a car crash on stage, great lyricist and poet a truly flawed genius 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

It's strange how each generation is loyal to its own music. We must miss out on so much by only listening to the songs we are familiar with.

The only stuff I can't get into Jazz. Just don't get it. I can't get into The Smiths either. I can enjoy some rap,but the majority of it is bollox imo.

Im 44 and listen to allsorts... only thing I cant listen too is the thrash metal shite...I like the Kinks through to Dabbla,dance music to country,80's power ballads to Bach😁I like any genre when the lyrics tell you a story... music is timeless and reaches to  every part the globe,it breaks down barriers and next to art/painting etc ,is one of the greatest ways to express yourself 👍

• Thanks 3
41 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

My old man was born in 1920 and he used to watch that old time music hall programme that used to be on the telly back in the late 70s/early 80s……drive me off my f***ing head ! Lol 

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

My old man was born in 1920 and he used to watch that old time music hall programme that used to be on the telly back in the late 70s/early 80s……drive me off my f***ing head ! Lol 

the good old days ,i feel your pain it was truly awful.

Edited by greg64
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Billy b*****d Cotton and his big band. Wakey, Wakey! Saturday night at 6. Purgatory. 

Edited by jukel123
  • Haha 2