R.I.P Shane

Just now, FOXHUNTER said:

Legend, my God that word gets banded round far too easily.

Just another junkie pisshead 🍺

Maybe...but theres not  many 'junkies' with the coin he would of had ...or the legacy he leaves his kids etc ...very well thought of in the Emerald Isle and around the world... so have a day off pal👍

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just been listening to rainy night in soho . It's a song that I used to sing to my late wife. It made me smile , but also brought a tear to my eye.

Absolute  Legend https://news.sky.com/story/the-pogues-star-shane-macgowan-best-known-for-christmas-hit-fairytale-of-new-york-dies-at-65-13008760

Maybe...but theres not  many 'junkies' with the coin he would of had ...or the legacy he leaves his kids etc ...very well thought of in the Emerald Isle and around the world... so have a day off pal👍

11 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I'm with you on this one mate. He created some songs that will live for ever. But, like a fair number of creative people, he was also dangerously self destructive.

I'm being planted to his rendition of Danny Boy.

I love The Fairytale of New York. In a way its the story of a lot of relationships when times are hard.

Whatever you say,he was a one off.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Didn't realise an English born ,private school kid ? 

Yep! Also, he was born on Christmas day. Was hoping he'd make it to there, but knew when he was discharged from hospital, that it wasn't going to be long.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Didn't realise an English born ,private school kid ? 

I have a few books written about him. Some say he was born after his dad moved to England to work at Fenwicks department store, some say before 🙂 The part about private school is true, he won a scholarship but got expelled. A bit of an enigma, as the best often are.

Edited by eastcoast
  • Like 2

George Best's mother never drank a drop until middle age, then, when  she tasted a drop, she drank herself to death. Same as George. 

I've worked with dozens of Irishmen, who, as Bruce Springsteen says in his song 'Laying down the blackstuff' ( I think)  would get paid on Friday night,  and then, full of drink, " go lookin to get hurt" 

Blokes who would share their last sandwhich with you when sober, would turn into complete booze junkies when they got a taste of the stuff.

The curse of the Irish.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Why do the Irish drink so much? Part of the culture obviously but ??????? Any answers?

Because if you stay outdoors too long you f***ing drown !

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

Same as Scotland,  but the jocks just moan. I wish they would drink more. Might cheer them up a bit.

No, the Scots are hard drinkers too. Same as the nordic countries . Something to do with long dark winters is my theory.

I can drink. But even when I was  a teenager the hangovers I got made me have an off  button. The hangovers, plus the complete arsehole I made of myself when pissed curbed my enthusiasm. I knew  I should get a grip when I went to a party and everybody legged it when ever I  came near them. Turns out I had collapsed and when fallen had  collected a  more than a smear of dog shit on  my forehead.  I was told I looked like a unicorn whose horn was made of dog shit.The ladies were unavailable that night.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1