R.I.P Shane

11 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

“The island is it silent now , but the ghosts still haunt the waves 

and a torch lights up a famished land , who fortune could not save “ 

thank you Shane 👍🍀

Thousands are Sailing?

Love the pougues, If I Should Fall From Grace With God is a classic album imo...

He was never gonna make old bones, 65 is a hell of an age for someone who lived how he lived... maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but has left a catalogue of music that I personally love... 

RIP Shane

• Like 10

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just been listening to rainy night in soho . It's a song that I used to sing to my late wife. It made me smile , but also brought a tear to my eye.

Absolute  Legend https://news.sky.com/story/the-pogues-star-shane-macgowan-best-known-for-christmas-hit-fairytale-of-new-york-dies-at-65-13008760

Maybe...but theres not  many 'junkies' with the coin he would of had ...or the legacy he leaves his kids etc ...very well thought of in the Emerald Isle and around the world... so have a day off pal👍

I can see most of you lads rated him, I have to admit, I just never got it…..I thought the Pogues were rubbish.

Teeth rotted out by Horse, pissed all the time…..I’d wager most wouldn’t go near him if he was just some bloke in the street, and yet he was loved by a lady who is a talented writer and artist in her own right, well thought of by lots of people as is obvious on this thread so there must have been something but I’m buggered if I can get it ?

I guess all art is subjective…..like people. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

I can see most of you lads rated him, I have to admit, I just never got it…..I thought the Pogues were rubbish.

Teeth rotted out by Horse, pissed all the time…..I’d wager most wouldn’t go near him if he was just some bloke in the street, and yet he was loved by a lady who is a talented writer and artist in her own right, well thought of by lots of people as is obvious on this thread so there must have been something but I’m buggered if I can get it ?

I love lyrics mate, Dylan, Springsteen, Billy Joel... and McGowan.. he wrote in a way that you could picture Imo.. The Broad Majestic Shannon or A rainy Night in Soho... just great song writing... 

SeanC my mate off here put me onto a bloke last week, Louis Dunsford, North London lad and writes pretty raw stuff about the area etc... I like his style and lyrics...Worth a listen...I think.you might like a song he wrote called Boss man, reminds you of those nights our when.we were a bit younger! Lol

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

You mention art...we went to the Picasso museum yesterday... I mean that is as subjective as it gets... went to the Sargrada Familia today...no question Gaudi wad a genius, what an astonishing building, mind blowing! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, NEWKID said:

You mention art...we went to the Picasso museum yesterday... I mean that is as subjective as it gets... went to the Sargrada Familia today...no question Gaudi wad a genius, what an astonishing building, mind blowing! 

Some place is that....and its not finished yet...he had some vision that fella 

• Like 2

I love lyrics mate, Dylan, Springsteen, Billy Joel... and McGowan.. he wrote in a way that you could picture Imo.. The Broad Majestic Shannon or A rainy Night in Soho... just great song writing... 

SeanC my mate off here put me onto a bloke last week, Louis Dunsford, North London lad and writes pretty raw stuff about the area etc... I like his style and lyrics...Worth a listen...I think.you might like a song he wrote called Boss man, reminds you of those nights our when.we were a bit younger! Lol

His a gooner so bound to be good 👍 

That’s the lad that wrote that song Arsenal use I think.

Ive been listening to a lad called JP Worsfold, he lives in the Lake District and is a park Ranger or something as his day job…..but he has done a couple of albums.

I just found him by accident, see what you think mate. 

Edited by WILF
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I love lyrics. They are another form of poetry. When they gave Bob Dylan the Nobel prize for literature, it was thoroughly deserved.

I can't believe the creativity of some artists. One of my favourites is Peter Green from the original Fleetwood Mac.He taught himself to play,became one of the greatest guitarists in the world and wrote spine chilling lyrics. He seemed to have that self destructive side to his nature too.

Ebay McColl's Dirty Old Town, never fails to get to me. That song is the story of my life. Nobody sang it better than Shane.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

Some place is that....and its not finished yet...he had some vision that fella 

Amazing mate, the vision to leave his plans for the future and 100 years later it is still continuing exactly as he wanted it! One of those places that completely blows you away!

54 minutes ago, WILF said:

That’s the lad that wrote that song Arsenal use I think.

Ive been listening to a lad called JP Worsfold, he lives in the Lake District and is a park Ranger or something as his day job…..but he has done a couple of albums.

I just found him by accident, see what you think mate. 

Thats right mate, Arteta called him to ask to use it... he writes lyrics you can relate to as working class people, I like him mate.

Will give that a listen, thank you, always like finding something new...

41 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I love lyrics. They are another form of poetry. When they gave Bob Dylan the Nobel prize for literature, it was thoroughly deserved.

I can't believe the creativity of some artists. One of my favourites is Peter Green from the original Fleetwood Mac.He taught himself to play,became one of the greatest guitarists in the world and wrote spine chilling lyrics. He seemed to have that self destructive side to his nature too.

Ebay McColl's Dirty Old Town, never fails to get to me. That song is the story of my life. Nobody sang it better than Shane.

My old man got me into Dylan, Willie Nelson, Bruce Springsteen and lots of Irish stuff... I love Fleetwood Mac as well 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

All those i enjoy listening too i also like a lot of tracks by the Waterboys and Mike Scott.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, NEWKID said:

While your in Barcelona check out Casa Mia and especially Parc Guell it looks like everything is made of marzipan Gaudi is where the old fashioned expression it looks a bit gaudy comes from great place enjoy.

• Thanks 1