R.I.P Shane

14 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

Thought this was nice…, very ‘Irish’ if you get what I mean. And no adulteration of his lyrics either, beautiful as they are. Rainy night in Soho always going to be my favourite though.

NEWS.SKY.COM

Mourners in Dublin gathered in the morning as Shane MacGowan's...

Brilliant. Only the Irish can give their own a send off like that. I'm a bit choked having watched that.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 7

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've just been listening to rainy night in soho . It's a song that I used to sing to my late wife. It made me smile , but also brought a tear to my eye.

Absolute  Legend https://news.sky.com/story/the-pogues-star-shane-macgowan-best-known-for-christmas-hit-fairytale-of-new-york-dies-at-65-13008760

Maybe...but theres not  many 'junkies' with the coin he would of had ...or the legacy he leaves his kids etc ...very well thought of in the Emerald Isle and around the world... so have a day off pal👍

On 30/11/2023 at 13:04, EDDIE B said:

Played fairytale last night with Spanish subtitles for her.. never seen someone laugh so much. She couldn’t believe the lyrics :laugh:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, kanny said:

The paddies are getting all identitarian about the man. He was born in England and considered himself a Londoner... 😁 

Indeed, but he was excepted as one of our own which is high praise for a londoner don't ye think? No easy feat for a brit to do by the way so says something about the man and his love for the place he called home. 

• Like 7
45 minutes ago, kanny said:

The paddies are getting all identitarian about the man. He was born in England and considered himself a Londoner... 😁 

London Irish lad……Are you feeling ok today….left out? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kanny said:

I thought he wad born in Ireland and moved to London when he was 6, then went back regularly and considered Irealnd home...could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I thought he wad born in Ireland and moved to London when he was 6, then went back regularly and considered Irealnd home...could be wrong.

Born in Kent, Pembury 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

3 hours ago, kanny said:

Born in Kent, Pembury 

Born in England while his family were visiting relatives, lived in Tipperary till he was 6 then moved to England.. 

So Wikipedia says 😂

• Like 3