Freelander 2 vs q5?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the X-Trail this is the second one I've had. Put some town and country style tyres on it take it every where across fields. Fare bit of power and hold the road like its on rails. Loads of room

Best and most reliable thing about the Freelander I had................                     Was the f***ing towbar🙈

Done 16k miles the last 12 months..its on 70k miles now..super reliable and piss easy to work on everything is very basic and parts are cheap.. It's 23yr old now and I recon a brand new range rov

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Any of you have either or both? Whats the pros vs cons, fancy both myself but always loved landies, any of your opinions welcome

If you get the Freelander Len could I book you in to do me a perm and some highlights please ? Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

If you get the Freelander Len could I book you in to do me a perm and some highlights please ? Lol 

the freelander 2 is the best motor if your out about down tracks etc i use one for dog motor reliable motor to be fair 

• Like 2

Not those too particular motors , but I did have a few discos as dogging buses and was great for pissin about in but reliability was shocking , everything went wrong with em and then some more, they were the td5s. I have no experience of Audi 4x4, but I do have a Audi S5 and it has been very reliable and have been impressed with build quality ect.  

I put 140k on a FL2 and it never let me down. I’d have another. Biggest bill on it was for a rear diff which was a known fault.

My 10 plate was pre ad blu and dpf. Egr blank was piece of piss.

Mine ate track rod ends for some reason. But it was easy to work on compared to the ranger I have now. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Any of you have either or both? Whats the pros vs cons, fancy both myself but always loved landies, any of your opinions welcome

I've got freelander 2 good 4x4 I use mine for driving around farms an big golf course mole trapping , had one before this one it got poorly needed loads doing  so scraped it but did have 265000 miles on clock 

Forget all that 4x4 expensive nonsense. Vauxhall Viva, 1 litre. Million miles to the gallon, go anywhere. Buy nearly new with under 8,000 miles then run it into the ground over 3 years, clean up, sell, repeat.

Screenshot_20231126-094600.png

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, kanny said:

https://youtu.be/UBWd5PUqXws?si=K3E635XYX1mGk_1s

Have a look at the range rovers...the arse is dropping out the market... sorry video won't embed...just click the link

To be fair, that is Essex and in Essex everyone it seems owns a Range Rover……maxed out on the credit card, shopping at farm foods but doing it dressed like Katie Price and Dougie Joyce in a Range Rover (payment 2 months over due !) lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, WILF said:

To be fair, that is Essex and in Essex everyone it seems owns a Range Rover……maxed out on the credit card, shopping at farm foods but doing it dressed like Katie Price and Dougie Joyce in a Range Rover (payment 2 months over due !) lol 

Yeah im also reading that insurance is becoming a big problem for them in the city areas ,someone living in London was saying they were quoted 9k insurance on a range rover evoque ....geezers lol

2 minutes ago, kanny said:

Yeah im also reading that insurance is becoming a big problem for them in the city areas ,someone living in London was saying they were quoted 9k insurance on a range rover evoque ....geezers lol

That’s because they just get nicked all the time, round my old way its not even an “if” anymore mate, it’s a “when” ……that said, it’s true for most high end cars, fords for some reason and almost any van round there too.

They are basically insuring for something that’s almost certain to happen.

• Like 1

Got a freelander here, wife's car, had it fron new on a 10 plate, not missed a beat, been really reliable, we're out in the sticks a bit and been great in ice, snow etc, towed boats, trailers etc with it and been a very decent car tbh.. just gond through its mot no faults, she's gutted was hoping it failed so she could have a new car, told her she's got amoyther year of motoring in it now! Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Forget all that 4x4 expensive nonsense. Vauxhall Viva, 1 litre. Million miles to the gallon, go anywhere. Buy nearly new with under 8,000 miles then run it into the ground over 3 years, clean up, sell, repeat.

Screenshot_20231126-094600.png

Until something goes wrong with it .. bought one for the missus when they first came out , every 18 month needed a timing chain (bout 30,000 miles). 

• Sad 1