Freelander 2 vs q5?

9 minutes ago, vfr400boy said:

My ranger was starting to fall apart very bad rot , I looked for ages for a new bus but couldn't find anything decent at the right money then this popped up only 90k on a chain loads of history and it's genuine I'd never in a million years of picked one but you get lot of car for the money,  iv had it 6 months now dose 45mpg , pulls trailer well etc some cheep ones on ebay 

This one had 1 owner from new with original bill of sale of 34 grand ffs lol

Cost me 2 half had electrical faults, but all sorted now 34 mpg v6 petrol 

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the X-Trail this is the second one I've had. Put some town and country style tyres on it take it every where across fields. Fare bit of power and hold the road like its on rails. Loads of room

Best and most reliable thing about the Freelander I had................                     Was the f***ing towbar🙈

Done 16k miles the last 12 months..its on 70k miles now..super reliable and piss easy to work on everything is very basic and parts are cheap.. It's 23yr old now and I recon a brand new range rov

Posted Images

4 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

I used to own a Daihatsu Fourtrack field master colour was green 2 seater and it was like a big cage in the back ideal for dogs guns and all your kit regret getting rid of it, I’ve had loads of 4x4s Discovery being one of them I didn’t like it, last 5 years I’ve owned a Landcruiser say no more awesome I think they are the longest vehicle still in production ultra reliable built to last and go anywhere.

Never owned a land cruiser.... almost bought an R plate 3 door Prada once...but settled on another fourtrak....same as,2 front seats,cage back seats out,had 2 little fold down ones lol storage for digging tools and terrier boxes 👍20160725_131543.jpg.adb8efeb9eff4b34ab270200c9717938.jpg

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Never owned a land cruiser.... almost bought an R plate 3 door Prada once...but settled on another fourtrak....same as,2 front seats,cage back seats out,had 2 little fold down ones lol storage for digging tools and terrier boxes 👍20160725_131543.jpg.adb8efeb9eff4b34ab270200c9717938.jpg

Nice set up there DC Fourtracks are a good honest vehicle and as you say will pull a house down, I only got rid of mine because at the time I was driving it to Tottenham in London and they was fleecing me for clean air charges, two lads from Yorkshire bought it as soon as I put it up for sale.

• Like 1
On 26/11/2023 at 03:15, Leo Sayer said:

Not those too particular motors , but I did have a few discos as dogging buses and was great for pissin about in but reliability was shocking , everything went wrong with em and then some more, they were the td5s. I have no experience of Audi 4x4, but I do have a Audi S5 and it has been very reliable and have been impressed with build quality ect.  

Do you rate the S5? ...been looking at them myself...really like the s4 avant but they are holding silly money...seems you can get a bit more for your buck with the S5 ...currently have a S3 for the last 5 years its been brilliant but maybe my hot hatch days are behind me now 😆 

41 minutes ago, kanny said:

Do you rate the S5? ...been looking at them myself...really like the s4 avant but they are holding silly money...seems you can get a bit more for your buck with the S5 ...currently have a S3 for the last 5 years its been brilliant but maybe my hot hatch days are behind me now 😆 

S4 and S5 are the same car basically just ones a coupé 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kanny said:

I like it mate, first Audi I've owned. But fancy a M4 next I think,  am too old for hot hatches myself now lol. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Ive an a4 tdi, cracking motors, remapped 200bhp and 300lb ft of torque, goes nice very reliable motor, 

I had a 2007 A4 sline petrol had a niggle with the inlet manifold that kept throwing up engine management lights they managed to sort it in the end but I had enough the tax was £330 a year it was only 120 bhp an attracted bmw tailgaters 😂 the ride was harsh on 18s an I had to swerve round pot holes and no cup holders for my morning coffee I lasted 10 months with it then sold it.

• Haha 1