Dave Courtney dead

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe he came to the realisation that he was a complete and utter melt ?    a big loss to British comedy 

Its no secret that any genuinely active person within the fields he pretended to be in gave him a wide berth and avoided him like the plague but thats not to say he wasnt a funny character and in all

Personally I'm not interested who's got what or how much or how they have got it I have a good life now I can look after the kids and grand kids I don't drive high end motors but what I have I own and

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

We had a settee, well when I say settee it were only dehydrated horse shit that Steptoe didn't want as his sandwich filling, but it were settee to us

We could only dream of  sandwich fillings, we'll when I say dream it was just starvation induced hallucinations, but they were dreams to us.  😑

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, steve66 said:

Gran use to make us hide behind the settee 😆

2 hours ago, mackem said:

Kitchen for us and keep as quiet as possible till the knocks stopped.

That was the norm on a Friday afternoon, when the Councils rent collector was about. I was once in the club on the estate on a Friday evening, The prat of a Provident man thought it would be good idea to see if who he was looking for was in there, One of the worst mistakes he was ever to make Lol

Just now, paulus said:

That was the norm on a Friday afternoon, when the Councils rent collector was about. 

We used to have a short cut to our street over a bit of rough ground,we put a trip wire across it and the poor rent man went flat,imagine the very idea of a rent man nowadays,he would be robbed at the end of every street.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, mackem said:

We used to have a short cut to our street over a bit of rough ground,we put a trip wire across it and the poor rent man went flat,imagine the very idea of a rent man nowadays,he would be robbed at the end of every street.

There's an old guy up the road from me who was a Council rent collector when he was younger, He gave it up when he was robbed at gun point one afternoon. 

6 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I just seen a video of dave courtney saying the reason he's killed himself.  Firstly apologies about taking the cowards way out then says he can't cope with the constant pain any more 

I don’t think it’s the cowards way out, if it means months of pain full treatment, trips in and out of hospital , things stuck up every hole and only to end up in an old biddys home just to give you a few months extra time I can see why people do it.

• Like 7

It should be an option available to anybody who does not want to see it through until the end, I have watched a good few mates and family members suffer towards the end. The mother in law who have a grade 4 cancer of the brain, spent 2 weeks in a coma at the end, Just waiting for an organ to fail, No sorry but that's not for me.