Bare feet

As I,m probably a little bit odd by many standards anyways  here’s something else i do and was wondering if any one else ever partakes in I don’t wear shoes apart from if I,m at work or going somewhere a bit nice, I smashed my foot up falling off a roof some years back and was getting a lot of pain in it had an enlarged, planter fasiats thingy and was getting injected with steroids every 6 months so after reading up on the benefit of not wearing shoes I decided to give it a go ad am in my second year now, feet take about a month to harden up in spring but now I,m walking all day on roads gravel fields etc with no problem and the old hooves are feeling better than ever, even getting a nice tan on them as well 

56B936B7-EBF3-48D0-BD98-AE40EBD295FD.jpeg

• Like 6

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HOMO 😁.

As I,m probably a little bit odd by many standards anyways  here’s something else i do and was wondering if any one else ever partakes in I don’t wear shoes apart from if I,m at work or going somewher

This sounds nuts but it good for grounding your self the energy of the earth flows in to your body 

Posted Images

Too hardcore for me that. I had Plantar F. I started to wear Sorbothane insoles 35 years ago. They block most of the impact when walking and running. I can still jog at 73. A physio said I had protected my feet a lot by wearing Sorbothane.

• Like 2
Just now, jukel123 said:

Too hardcore for me that. I had Plantar F. I started to wear Sorbothane insoles 35 years ago. They block most of the impact when walking and running. I can still jog at 73. A physio said I had protected my feet a lot by wearing Sorbothane in my shoes.

Lot of info out there about the benefits of being bare foot...there are now bare foot shoes trainers etc...virtually nothing under your foot and a wide toe box instead of the usual narrow toe area

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Lot of info out there about the benefits of being bare foot...there are now bare foot shoes trainers etc...virtually nothing under your foot and a wide toe box instead of the usual narrow toe area

Cheers for that will take a look into them, 👍

I found arch support insoles made a big difference when I had Plantar F two years ago. Wifey also bought me a pair of arch support slippers as I found walking around the house bare foot aggravated the PF. They really eased it.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Walking around barefooted helps with your mental and physical well-being.. loads of studies on it,along with using Linen because of its healing properties....

Linen eh....I can just see you in a Linen shroud DC....lol

• Haha 2

mick douglas, the fenman, lurcher breeder, hippy. was well known in his day, for walking the roads and stubbles bare footedin the 80s, there was some old footage of him walking stubble fields, with his norfolk lurchers, they reckon the soles of his feet were as hard as shoe leather, to say he was a bit of an eccentric  character was the least.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Arry said:

I found arch support insoles made a big difference when I had Plantar F two years ago. Wifey also bought me a pair of arch support slippers as I found walking around the house bare foot aggravated the PF. They really eased it.

Cheers Arry

Had a set of insoles made for my feet that I wear in my work boots and winter but the bare feet are far better for me 👍

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, BobDown said:

This sounds nuts but it good for grounding your self the energy of the earth flows in to your body 

Your right there....the aboriginals and other native tribes across the globe believe the same thing....shoes are bad news👍

• Like 1

I usually wear 'minimalist' footwear nowadays. I started because of my bad back when my physio pointed out that the damage to my back had caused me to stoop to avoid the pain and that zero-drop footwear would be beneficial.

I now spend almost all my time in either altra lone peaks or vivobarefoots. My current favourites are vivobarefoot tracker forest esc. It's like wearing moccasins but with amazing grip. The only problem I've found (if you can call it a problem) is that, as my feet have spread out in them, even the altras now don't feel wide enough so I have to wear all my altras without the insole. I hope my oxblood red DMs still fit!😃

• Like 3