Where’s all the good dogs gone?

The country is full of people who now believe that there dog is something more than a dog. They buy these dogs off people who are selling them a dream, Its all a load of bollocks, A good dog is 20% bred and the other 80% comes from the time and effort that is then put into the dog by its owner, Sadly nowadays most just want to buy that 80% and it will never work. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There definitely isn't as many lads out putting work in front of dogs anymore so it only makes sense there would be less good dogs, although there's always been bad dogs and plenty of them.  Gett

Personally I think every pup is a gamble, nothing is garenteed, easy to spoil certain types... thats why it's best to breed your own,that way then you will know the faults as well as the strengths ...

Another problem is lads having low standards. Seen a post on Facebook the other day of a dog working a fox, to be honest I wouldn't keep the dog in my pens as it was very poor but in the comments for

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, paulus said:

The country is full of people who now believe that there dog is something more than a dog. They buy these dogs off people who are selling them a dream, Its all a load of bollocks, A good dog is 20% bred and the other 80% comes from the time and effort that is then put into the dog by its owner, Sadly nowadays most just want to buy that 80% and it will never work. 

I believe you are quite correct, mate.

And it's not just nowadays, been going on for quite a few years.

Everyone wants something bred from 'the' dog.

A phrase/saying I personally can't f***ing Stand!!

40 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I believe you are quite correct, mate.

And it's not just nowadays, been going on for quite a few years.

Everyone wants something bred from 'the' dog.

A phrase/saying I personally can't f***ing Stand!!

You can't abide the word the 

Heat definitely getting 2 us furg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, paulus said:

id disagree mate i’d say 80percent is in it 20 percent from the owner 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

id disagree mate i’d say 80percent is in it 20 percent from the owner 

I'd say it depends on how much of a dick the owner is, it could go either way.

You cant polish a turd, but you can get a bit of a sheen on it.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Penda said:

Alas the middle eastern bred sight hound is the cause of all this nonsense 

I agree,and I own two,I'm heading back to an all round walloper,I like a bit of saluki but won't ever have a pure again ,Ive a mate with Lucas stuff and their all out hare dogs and he throws a comment every now and again that my lot aren't 3 outs 3 merchants ,lol...but I'm enjoying life going into woodland and getting a few things running for their lives ,he believes he's an elitist when it comes to running dogs 

I'm more of bull blooded chap but as of late I'm thinking of going back to my old beddlington blooded ways these dogs were no world beater but they gave me a good many days and nights out with out me worrying who was about 

24 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I agree,and I own two,I'm heading back to an all round walloper,I like a bit of saluki but won't ever have a pure again ,Ive a mate with Lucas stuff and their all out hare dogs and he throws a comment every now and again that my lot aren't 3 outs 3 merchants ,lol...but I'm enjoying life going into woodland and getting a few things running for their lives ,he believes he's an elitist when it comes to running dogs 

Good on ya 👏 

10 minutes ago, Penda said:

I'm more of bull blooded chap but as of late I'm thinking of going back to my old beddlington blooded ways these dogs were no world beater but they gave me a good many days and nights out with out me worrying who was about 

Alas they would scarcely be suffice 2 satisfy your insatiable blood lust, although the pot filling abilities may spare u a life of penury 

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, paulus said:

Yep, certainly true of a proper working lurcher .

Sadly a lot of owners just don't realise  what a dog is capable of. The standard of dog training in this country is pretty dismal.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, comanche said:

Yep, certainly true of a proper working lurcher .

Sadly a lot of owners just don't realise  what a dog is capable of. The standard of dog training in this country is pretty dismal.

Could you expand on what you mean by “training”.

Do you mean obedience type trading, or fitness training ?

Cheers.