another big cat sightings 2

On 20/04/2023 at 15:44, Greyman said:

If you are rusty and I know your not you have pm,d me about certain members of your family maybe you can remember which ones or just have a guess Tim, sadly your so thick I even got you to tell me the name of the village you live in any way over to you now it’s all yours 

That is Rusty mate 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's great Greyman does his thing and doesn't give a f**k about his critics. Carry on carrying on Greyman.

Id trap it and take the cage to Notton Lane with a note saying " ave that soppy bollocks " ?

Feeders have been there years...get the odd rat but they don't last long,  either the cat or the airgun sorts em out ....I find the cover encourages the birds more 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

I can’t be arsed reading constant bickering, insults, threats etc . If you don’t like my post kieth keep your front door locked I know where you live I will knock your front railings clean out, if you wanna take this off line I meet ya anywhere, anytime , any money on it fella. Be warned I’m a seasoned over the wall veteran son, biggest baccy dealer that ever been banged up the arse .

Reported for cyber bullying 

• Haha 2

Appears same old same old, still no evidence, no cubs found, no road kill, not film or photos, just confabulation. 

In a country so heavily populated and studied as this with CCTV covering every urban and many rural areas along with thousands of camera traps across the country we see what is there and don't see what is not. Maybe one could argue for one or two very secretive cats in very rural areas but a breeding population???

Consider, some of our best habitats are nature reserves and as such have minimal disturbance but maximum observation yet never a big cat is seem, why is this?  Somewhere like Slimbridge, surrounded by undisturbed resting areas, lots of prey and observed 24hours a day, you'd have thought if there were "Big" cats about just occasionally one would wander through if not take up residence, after all Gloucestershire seems to be one of the "hot spots" for sightings. But in what?  eighty years not a pussy???

A tiny little brown bird from the Americas secreted in the bottom of a thicket will soon be surrounded by a herd of twitchers in the outer Hebrides but a  leopard in Hampshire wanders unseen......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Nice lump of a feral. Actually, very short tail, even for a house cat.

Sadly I have had a picture of it for a while but due to no one being able to talk on here due to one particular no it all no feck all arse chose not to mention it, the tail is actually snapped off and a large part of it is under the body interestingly also got a swab of it for testing which was divided up and sent off to several labs, and the lab that was involved in the D notice incident have already sent back there results which surprisingly or nor came back as it being a dog also as the bloke says he tried to buy the carcass but was refused and the company that did the clean up have since denied they ever picked it up so make of it what you will, may I ask you why you think it’s a feral because despite what some people say I have killed quite a few and lived and worked in the industrial sites in avonmouth that have 1000s of feral but I,ve never seen one that was bigger than a small house cat most being considerably smaller ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Sadly I have had a picture of it for a while but due to no one being able to talk on here due to one particular no it all no feck all arse chose not to mention it, the tail is actually snapped off and a large part of it is under the body interestingly also got a swab of it for testing which was divided up and sent off to several labs, and the lab that was involved in the D notice incident have already sent back there results which surprisingly or nor came back as it being a dog also as the bloke says he tried to buy the carcass but was refused and the company that did the clean up have since denied they ever picked it up so make of it what you will, may I ask you why you think it’s a feral because despite what some people say I have killed quite a few and lived and worked in the industrial sites in avonmouth that have 1000s of feral but I,ve never seen one that was bigger than a small house cat most being considerably smaller ? 

So the tail broke off? Tails don't break off though, do they. There's bone, cartilage, skin. It can't break off. It would have to be cut off.

Ok, so what about the rosettes? Leopards have rosettes, but this doesn't.

When it comes to ferrals out in the countryside. Personally, I've come across very large ones. In fact, myself and my buddy got one with the dogs one night, and it was huge. This was before mobile phones was a thing. It certainly left us with a story to bring up, anytime we bump into each other.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

So the tail broke off? Tails don't break off though, do they. There's bone, cartilage, skin. It can't break off. It would have to be cut off.

Ok, so what about the rosettes? Leopards have rosettes, but this doesn't.

When it comes to ferrals out in the countryside. Personally, I've come across very large ones. In fact, myself and my buddy got one with the dogs one night, and it was huge. This was before mobile phones was a thing. It certainly left us with a story to bring up, anytime we bump into each other.

it does say on the video that it is a kellas type cat which is a hybrid of scottish wild cat and a domestic cat  which it could be or it might just be a fairly big domestic cat 

Edited by greg64
  • Like 2

This is what a dead big cat looks like.

Carcass of the female leopard.Carcass of the female leopard.Carcass of the female leopard.

NRphamdlm2Y1neGZnKW0sdrFLQOrAjGXW3ei67kVUYc5OoEZ8-d5C6WTDS4VieGN2QENNF2hdQ528sNjh2X362GrE-s2msaZ7WREHJyk

WhatsApp-Image-2022-11-21-at-10.14.01-AM-576x1024.jpeg

And road kill is one major cause of death... something that big lying by the side of the road will get some attention....

WWW.INDIATIMES.COM

It identified four species at are the highest risk of extinction due to roadkills.

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 2

Even the chap who filmed that thinks it's not a leopard, he's changed parts and thinks it could be a wildcat cross now.

I have to agree about ferals, in towns and around dairy farms they are normal or under sized, but out in the country you get some brutes..

• Like 4
1 minute ago, greg64 said:

it does say on the video that it is a kellas type cat which is a hybrid of scottish wild cat and a domestic cat  which it could be or it might just be a fairly big domestic cat 

Yes, never thought of that, but even with that, it doesn't fit in the catagory of big cats, so can be dismissed as any sort of evidence of their existence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

Yes, never thought of that, but even with that, it doesn't fit in the catagory of big cats, so can be dismissed as any sort of evidence of their existence.

It is a Kellas cat the dna confirmed it another interesting new feline that seems to be breeding true to type from its hybrid beginnings ?

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Even the chap who filmed that thinks it's not a leopard, he's changed parts and thinks it could be a wildcat cross now.

I have to agree about ferals, in towns and around dairy farms they are normal or under sized, but out in the country you get some brutes..

Saw a picture of one in Devon that had a huge head and looked almost big enough to take a small deer that was definitely a feral but as I said the ones round the factory’s were I lived were runt like ?

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Greyman said:

It is a Kellas cat the dna confirmed it another interesting new feline that seems to be breeding true to type from its hybrid beginnings ?

Cheers, just had a look there. Impressive looking thing. Compared to Scottish wild cats. Are they on par, size wise?

• Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic