New football thread

7 minutes ago, Astanley said:

I don't know about your neighbours lad ,but you'd be better playing my neighbours boy who's a backward ,balloon sniffing fat kid with a club foot than Karius.

We mightn’t have any choice, but I thank you for your offer.

Salam Alaykum Effendi.

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

Quadruple? ?

Regardless of what is won or lost by the end of the season, this is a UTD side again, last night was a great game of football as was lasts weeks first leg, there is an energy, fitness around the team again, the play forward quickly.. get a proper centre forward and another midfielder next year and they will be challengers again...

It's been a really enjoyable season so far with Newcastle pushing hard, Brighton and Fulham playing some nice stuff, Arsenal back around the top of the league with a real title challenge... for me I still think Man City will have a bit too much for anyone come the end, but it's not a 2 horse race by any means.

Oh and Liverpool...... time for Klopp to go? lol  

• Like 3
22 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Quadruple? ?

Regardless of what is won or lost by the end of the season, this is a UTD side again, last night was a great game of football as was lasts weeks first leg, there is an energy, fitness around the team again, the play forward quickly.. get a proper centre forward and another midfielder next year and they will be challengers again...

It's been a really enjoyable season so far with Newcastle pushing hard, Brighton and Fulham playing some nice stuff, Arsenal back around the top of the league with a real title challenge... for me I still think Man City will have a bit too much for anyone come the end, but it's not a 2 horse race by any means.

Oh and Liverpool...... time for Klopp to go? lol  

fair shout that mate.....get rid of VAR and it will be an entertaining season to be fair?

It is funny the way human nature works i must have been coming on here 20 odd years talking with the same handful of lads about footie and dont ever remember chatting with any Newcastle fans....now theres 2 or 3 regularly contributing ?....the same happened when the sheikhs bought City its like anticipated glory hunting but without the glory in Newcastles case ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

It is funny the way human nature works i must have been coming on here 20 odd years talking with the same handful of lads about footie and dont ever remember chatting with any Newcastle fans....now theres 2 or 3 regularly contributing ?....the same happened when the sheikhs bought City its like anticipated glory hunting but without the glory in Newcastles case ?

I said that the other day about all these new toon fans, well done to the toon getting to the final but we’re unlucky 

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

We haven't had anything to talk about in the last 50 years ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Haha 1

I haven't been a member here for 20 years and had no idea the site had been going for that long. I used to post the occasional NUFC comment on Max's old football thread whilst always trying to avoid the boring Tyne v Wear arguments.

I went my 1st game at St. James' Park in 1975. Just so I know, how long does the apprenticeship last supporting your local football club before one is regarded as a genuine supporter?  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

I haven't been a member here for 20 years and had no idea the site had been going for that long. I used to post the occasional NUFC comment on Max's old football thread whilst always trying to avoid the boring Tyne v Wear arguments.

I went my 1st game at St. James' Park in 1975. Just so I know, how long does the apprenticeship last supporting your local football club before one is regarded as a genuine supporter?  

I've supported Newcastle all my life, went to all the home European games in the 60's and 70's, went to all the cup runs, home and away in the 70's.

Still supported them when I could when I lived abroad.

Been to a few games since I came home, and made sure I took my grandson on a stadium tour when he visited here.

IMG_0463.JPG.ffdf0a8265173e6a13b14b045ab4ee91.JPG

I, too, tried to avoid the Newcastle/Sunderland nonsense, simply because I don't consider it a "Derby"

To be fair, I've allways said if there was darts, snooker and football on the telly I'd watch the darts, record the snooker, and miss the football, so I'm in no way a fanatic, but that doesn't mean I can't support my home team.

We've been so starved of success at Newcastle, I don't really care what others say, I'm enjoying the ride, and hope we win a meaningful trophy before I go ! 

Cheers.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I've supported Newcastle all my life, went to all the home European games in the 60's and 70's, went to all the cup runs, home and away in the 70's.

Still supported them when I could when I lived abroad.

Been to a few games since I came home, and made sure I took my grandson on a stadium tour when he visited here.

IMG_0463.JPG.ffdf0a8265173e6a13b14b045ab4ee91.JPG

I, too, tried to avoid the Newcastle/Sunderland nonsense, simply because I don't consider it a "Derby"

To be fair, I've allways said if there was darts, snooker and football on the telly I'd watch the darts, record the snooker, and miss the football, so I'm in no way a fanatic, but that doesn't mean I can't support my home team.

We've been so starved of success at Newcastle, I don't really care what others say, I'm enjoying the ride, and hope we win a meaningful trophy before I go ! 

Cheers.

poor lad never going to know what his team winning the carling cup feels like ? 

is football big in saudi chart ?

Edited by mC HULL

Quick trip down to mincey Brighton in a minute then a mid week hop over to Cyprus :boogy:.....of all the clubs we could have drawn in Europe we end up there....brilliant.....our names are written all over this trophy im feeling quietly confident :whistling:

Oh and its the early 5.45 kick off Uk time for anyone not paying attention......and yes thats next Thursday.......thats right West ham v AEK Larnaca........football yes ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Quick trip down to mincey Brighton in a minute then a mid week hop over to Cyprus :boogy:.....of all the clubs we could have drawn in Europe we end up there....brilliant.....our names are written all over this trophy im feeling quietly confident :whistling:

Oh and its the early 5.45 kick off Uk time for anyone not paying attention......and yes thats next Thursday.......thats right West ham v AEK Larnaca........football yes ?

West Ham going Ayia Napa? What could go wrong! ⚒