New football thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

Just now, Astanley said:

Ok 

ok what ? ? a good shot punch or kick puts you out your out there’s no feeling is they 

someone a lot taller and fat comes behind you chokes you lifts you over there gut your helpless it’s a brutal 50 seconds 

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

ok what ? ? a good shot punch or kick puts you out your out there’s no feeling is they 

someone a lot taller and fat comes behind you chokes you lifts you over there gut your helpless it’s a brutal 50 seconds 

?

Not like it used to be, these days someone will just cut you. Fella from a round my way was killed by some reckless guy who done him with a Stanley blade it was all over the news the footage is on YouTube. Geezer was on the run for 3 years for the murder. 

The boy who died was the son of a well known villain. I do wonder if he’s ever been caught up to in the nick yet with the pull his old man must have.

two blokes giving it the big chest and one ended up bleeding out infront of his mrs and died right there. 

the family put the footage up online to make people aware of the dangers, it’s really not worth it anymore far to dangerous out there.

I was fully grown and in my prime when I was about 21 which was 50 odd years ago. I was quite a big bloke then. But now I feel like a midget. Young guys are taller on average( better grub?) And a hell of a lot heavier. Some seem both fat and muscular as though they work out and drink and eat too much.

I was walking past a car with 4 lads in it last week when they just opened the window and tipped their fast food wrappers onto the street. My first thought was to say "ffs lads pick up your rubbish. I don't want to live in a pigsty"  But I saw their size  and ignorant look and thought better of it.

In my day old geezers were off limits when it came to giving a slap. But no such rules now.

24 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

You ever get in the ring with Lennie sparring or anything mate 

No mate on the Hippodrome as a younger man i had a bit of rough and tumble with him in a messing about kind of way and that was bad enough....but in fairness he wasnt a boxer he thought the jab was for girls ?

Lennie was old school before old school was a thing.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

No mate on the Hippodrome as a younger man i had a bit of rough and tumble with him in a messing about kind of way and that was bad enough....but in fairness he wasnt a boxer he thought the jab was for girls ?

Lennie was old school before old school was a thing.

From what I’ve seen he was a handful no doubt lol they don’t breed em like that anymore. Looked like For a big chap he was quite quick with it aswell 

4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

what getting striked punched or kicked elbowed unconscious is nothing is it you feel nowt 

Yes but you wake up with things like broken nose/jaws/orbital fractures/bleeds on the brain.

Being choked out you wake up with a sore throat ffs !!

Just now, gnasher16 said:

Yes but you wake up with things like broken nose/jaws/orbital fractures/bleeds on the brain.

Being choked out you wake up with a sore throat ffs !!

i agree with that nose gone teeth missing chipped thinking you’ve got a mouth full a glass ? fractures to face hurts after 

at the time choking is rough and even after you feel like your windpipe as been snapped can’t swallow for ages rough aswell

none as bad as dislocating a knee playing rugby brutal pain at the time and next month and longer 

Just now, mC HULL said:

i agree with that nose gone teeth missing chipped thinking you’ve got a mouth full a glass ? fractures to face hurts after 

at the time choking is rough and even after you feel like your windpipe as been snapped can’t swallow for ages rough aswell

none as bad as dislocating a knee playing rugby brutal pain at the time and next month and longer 

See all this choking Mc, is this bedroom foreplay mate? Only asking.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

From what I’ve seen he was a handful no doubt lol they don’t breed em like that anymore. Looked like For a big chap he was quite quick with it aswell 

He was quick/explosive/powerful......any physical adjective you like....but what he had in absolute spades was intensity.

Most people see him from video clips and suchlike and make judgement on that but when you've seen him go from close up it wasnt a pretty sight believe me.....very few people could cope with that type of frame and drive in tight little spots.......a boxing ring now thats a different kettle of fish and yes he was very beatable for chaps who knew their way around a boxing ring.

• Like 2