New football thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West Ham fans in town all day and not a murmur until wives/families get attacked by " ultras " at the game itself.....embarrassing !! There was a handful of chaps on each stairwell stopping them

Lived in the same street as Beardsley when we were younger. He always was a mile ahead of the rest in skill as a kid. I saw him in a Marie Currie hospice a couple of years ago, he was handing out

My Hammers will struggle this year ,some fans want Moyse gone but personally i cant see the point we have a manager thats proved he can improve the club,owners willing to throw money at it.....at what

Posted Images

On 14/01/2023 at 17:43, bird said:

great win for wolves, sorry gnash   mate,  lets hope we can beat Liverpool Tuesday , we need all the wins we can get right now  Come on the Wolves.

Wolves were the better of 2 poor teams its the first time ive seen our lot not really putting the work in.... plenty of our fans have wanted Moyse gone for a while now but i never did.....but if he's lost the dressing room its only a matter of time.

Some of these players make me sick quite frankly a couple of good seasons and they are lording it now.....its as if they have bought into the whole " big club " nonsense......no manager can ever do it of course but id absolutely love it if he could drop the entire team and put our under 18's out who are absolutely walking their league.

Then again maybe its just as well we have a brilliant under 18 side as it'll probably be them having to lift us out of the championship over the next few years ! 

IMG_8344.jpg

23 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Wolves were the better of 2 poor teams its the first time ive seen our lot not really putting the work in.... plenty of our fans have wanted Moyse gone for a while now but i never did.....but if he's lost the dressing room its only a matter of time.

Some of these players make me sick quite frankly a couple of good seasons and they are lording it now.....its as if they have bought into the whole " big club " nonsense......no manager can ever do it of course but id absolutely love it if he could drop the entire team and put our under 18's out who are absolutely walking their league.

Then again maybe its just as well we have a brilliant under 18 side as it'll probably be them having to lift us out of the championship over the next few years ! 

IMG_8344.jpg

Man U has plenty of big club egoes. Take Jadon Sancho. We pursued him for 2 years and paid over the odds for him : 70 odd million. Now he's not fit enough to play! Not  because of injury, just unfit. His replacement, Garnacho, an 18 year old kid, has been fantastic, a  breath of fresh air. Anthony is another, he seems a one trick pony to me,  who occasionally cuts in from the right  and scores with his left. He  shows off with  no end result, and has just smashed his £100000 car. Another  youngster, Pellistri ,recently  came on in his position and was first class, but hasn't played in the first team since.

Every club has youngsters who never get a chance  to shine because of  big money transfers whose position in the side is guaranteed because of their star status.

Fergie did OK with kids and Cloughie wasn't afraid to play youngsters and drop them as soon as they became  big time  Charlies. The thing about kids is they are naturally enthusiastic and naturally fit. Plus they can take a bollocking without sulking. They should be given a proper chance. Maybe  each team should have to play so many youngsters each game. That would lead to clubs putting more emphasis on developing home grown talent. It would give us supporters more interest in the teams as well.

o

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 3

What's the chances of a testosterone fuelled tear up at Highbury when Utd come to town? Probably not much chance, those days are gone. I don't  buy in to the belief that Aresenal are shoe ins for the title though. There's a long way to go yet. 

I take my hat off to Arsenal and Newcastle but its early days. For me City are still favourites. They have the best squad and the best manager.

Interesting times.

On 20/01/2023 at 21:03, jukel123 said:

What's the chances of a testosterone fuelled tear up at Highbury when Utd come to town? Probably not much chance, those days are gone. I don't  buy in to the belief that Aresenal are shoe ins for the title though. There's a long way to go yet. 

I take my hat off to Arsenal and Newcastle but its early days. For me City are still favourites. They have the best squad and the best manager.

Interesting times.

Yeah still a long way to go and good to see other teams in the mix this year. Arsenal still have to play City twice don’t they?

Good to see my hammers get a win yesterday, only Newcastle, Chelsea and Tottenham next.

• Like 1
On 17/01/2023 at 19:47, jukel123 said:

Man U has plenty of big club egoes. Take Jadon Sancho. We pursued him for 2 years and paid over the odds for him : 70 odd million. Now he's not fit enough to play! Not  because of injury, just unfit. His replacement, Garnacho, an 18 year old kid, has been fantastic, a  breath of fresh air. Anthony is another, he seems a one trick pony to me,  who occasionally cuts in from the right  and scores with his left. He  shows off with  no end result, and has just smashed his £100000 car. Another  youngster, Pellistri ,recently  came on in his position and was first class, but hasn't played in the first team since.

Every club has youngsters who never get a chance  to shine because of  big money transfers whose position in the side is guaranteed because of their star status.

Fergie did OK with kids and Cloughie wasn't afraid to play youngsters and drop them as soon as they became  big time  Charlies. The thing about kids is they are naturally enthusiastic and naturally fit. Plus they can take a bollocking without sulking. They should be given a proper chance. Maybe  each team should have to play so many youngsters each game. That would lead to clubs putting more emphasis on developing home grown talent. It would give us supporters more interest in the teams as well.

o

Fair and sensible post that....ive been saying that for years,5 homegrown players.

Have to be honest i dont pay much attention to other clubs i dont know whats going on at Utd but it does seem to be modern sport in general....average players not just playing above their means but living above their means in general it has to effect a young mans hunger and sporting objectives i agree.

Anyway 3 points separating the bottom 7 clubs its going to be a long hard season and beating the clubs around you is going to be vital so great result yesterday for my mob.

• Like 3