Sack the mods

Just now, paulus said:

wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if God was on that team, They would still have to deal with the same old, same old day in, day out, week in. week out. 

It was only a joke Paul I couldn’t care less who’s mod and who isn’t 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I come on here every day I never get involved in the arguments and personal insults it’s not worth it, main reason I don’t know any of yous in real life, as for mods there just other members too me, w

The way its going the mods Will be left yapping to themselves..  Sorry lads, this place is getting worse by the day.

f**k off  Cheers, D.  

Posted Images

Just now, keepdiggin said:

It was only a joke Paul I couldn’t care less who’s mod and who isn’t 

I don't take offence at anything posted on here, Personally i couldn't care less who is or isn't a mod. Its just doesn't sit well with me when people criticize people doing the job. without them Being willing to stand up and offer to do it themselves, 

3 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

For any Internet Forum to survive,..the Moderation has to be Firm but Fair, with the emphasis on Firm....?

Quite right. Give me a minuet and I will firmly ban you ?

1 hour ago, keepdiggin said:

Imagine this for a mod team

oldphil

south hams

stiff

bird 

Oldphil was a moderator on this site before .

There's been a lot of different moderators on this site ,bet most get sick of the crap people aim towards them and just don't log in or log in using a different name .. 

Im sure Paulus did that for a while.

Once over I volunteered to be a mod but for some reason they didn't think I was suitable ???

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, comanche said:

You know Wolfdog ; l've had cause to look into the odd US trap and fishing forum . Compared with the squabbling pixies on The Hunting Life US forum members certainly seem to know how to behave with decency and respect on line . 

And look at the categories on offer ; "Kids' writing and drawing competition."    l doubt if some THL members could be trusted with crayons .

Yeah we generally keep things together pretty nice....then again there more ....weight ,behind words with us if you know what I mean ?

Btw if your in Facebook there two groups that deal with trap collecting you might enjoy ?

Screenshot_20221231-070232.png.784f5423bebbd1d3b257cd90958e6337.pngScreenshot_20221231-070247.png.5a43fd771072fd85c48719d9701484f4.png

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Yeah we generally keep things together pretty nice....then again there more ....weight ,behind words with us if you know what I mean ?

Btw if your in Facebook there two groups that deal with trap collecting you might enjoy ?

Screenshot_20221231-070232.png.784f5423bebbd1d3b257cd90958e6337.pngScreenshot_20221231-070247.png.5a43fd771072fd85c48719d9701484f4.png

Advertising on another mans site is just not cricket old chap ?

3 hours ago, paulus said:

All forums are now old school as i have said many times, Its free and simple to start a page specific to each persons personal interest on other social media platforms. Pigeon Watch another massive forum in the past is  now as dead as this site is becoming, This has  Nothing to do with a few individual members leaving or your thoughts on what a Mod should or shouldn't do on the forum. Times have moved on and we haven't.  

Judging by the number of people who seem to have left or been banned from Pigeon Watch its demise could be down to over zealous moderating. ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, paulus said:

Advertising on another mans site is just not cricket old chap ?

Nor is laughing (?)at One's own so called jokes. Or embarrassing guests from abroad . Especially when someone has extended the chance for us to extend our hunting interests. 

I'm,afraid l might not be Moderator material,but despite what you would  like to believe to the contrary  ,that doesn't  remove my right to an opinion as to a Moderator's role .

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, comanche said:

Nor is laughing (?)at One's own so called jokes. Or embarrassing guests from abroad . Especially when someone has extended the chance for us to extend our hunting interests. 

I'm,afraid l might not be Moderator material,but despite what you would  like to believe to the contrary  ,that doesn't  remove my right to an opinion as to a Moderator's role .

45 minutes ago, comanche said:

Right, that was said as a joke but the reality is its true. Advertising other sites, could even be his own sites on a privately owned site without the owners permission is not the right thing to do,  

2 hours ago, comanche said:

Steady on Brother,.I detected a wee hint of anger in your words,....now,...that is not like you...?

Whatever,...take care now,..and I wish you a safe and prosperous New Year...

Kind regards,..OldPhil....?

fox 5DSCF0745.tif.jpg

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 1
  • paulus locked this topic