Arrested for thought.

21 minutes ago, king said:
WWW.IRISHTIMES.COM

A new [BANNED TEXT] for exorcism is to be introduced by the Catholic Church

The Congregation  for Divine Worship and Discpline of the Sacrements was originally known as the Roman Inquisition, yeah, that's right just like the Spanish Inquisition.

They changed the name as "The Inquisition " was giving them bad press ! 

Cheers.

• Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not as simple as that. Theres a "buffer zone " around abortion clinics, to stop protesters harassing women going into the clinics. This woman has form for this, and runs some sort of anti ab

There are many medical and personal reasons to abort a fetus and seeing as you don't own a womb,what the fcuk has it got to do with you except to push your warped god shit upon people?... .

should only be available for victims of rape/abuse and on medical grounds imo ....NOT because your to lazy to put something on it or got no elastic in your draws....

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Matthew 7:21-23

King James Version

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Francie, you 'found jesus' as your saviour, when you were 27, in your own words.

What did you believe  in and do, in those intervening 27 years?

33 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Wow...It must be hard to breath up there in that rarified place. Dont you know generalising is always a bad thing.

what's your point? why should anyone need one? for other than the points I stated in my first post?

if you don't respect yourself...who else will?

8 hours ago, shaaark said:

Francie, you 'found jesus' as your saviour, when you were 27, in your own words.

What did you believe  in and do, in those intervening 27 years?

I never really gave it a second thought shark,i did think aliens were real though,lol,but i didnt think much of it to one day somethig transpirie,an the rest is history mate.

9 hours ago, Francie, said:

If its all bollocks then suppose il suffer same fate as everyone else,but iv been through enough to be convicted in my faith.

What would you do fd if your non beleif was wrong an you have to face judgement in front of God lol?

I think he’d have a word with the man below before that happened Francie .

If there is a God and i have  to face him I’ve a few choice things to say before he gets a word in .After that he can judge away .

Just to add to the debate Francie ,you must be due another instalment to the book surely or are you happy that the only writings come from an era when men new very little about the world .

An update is needed to bring it into the digital age ?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, king said:

You may be suffering from demonic possession FD..

A new [BANNED TEXT] for exorcism is to be introduced by the Catholic Church. The practice of expelling demons from a person has not been of obvious concern to the church authorities for 40 years, and in the matter is a further indication of its retreat to pre-Vatican II preoccupations.

The new [BANNED TEXT] has been approved by the Pope but must be submitted to the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments.

Announcing the new [BANNED TEXT] in Rome yesterday, Cardinal Jorge Arturo Medina Estavez explained how demonic possession may be determined. Such a person may be "speaking with a great number of words from unknown languages, or understanding them, making known things either distant or hidden, showing strength beyond one's situation, together with vehement aversion towards God, Our Lady, the Cross and holy pictures".

Catholic doctrine teaches "that demons are fallen angels as a result of their sin, and that they are spiritual beings with great intelligence and power". An exorcism is a ceremony of prayers in which a priest, approved by a bishop, casts out an evil spirit, often calling on it aloud to leave a person. The cardinal said there was "great continuity" between the rites. In the new [BANNED TEXT] "the language is more sombre and fewer adjectives are used: however, the expression of faith in the power of God to expel the devil is the same".

And good luck with that fecker mate .

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

I've just got in after feeding the foxes, fek me what a load of morbid rubbish, is there anyone kind enough fill my tank.up.wi petrol, then I can drive over to.those Dover cliffs, and lob missen off 

Send me your bank details mate .

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, king said:

You may be suffering from demonic possession FD..

A new [BANNED TEXT] for exorcism is to be introduced by the Catholic Church. The practice of expelling demons from a person has not been of obvious concern to the church authorities for 40 years, and in the matter is a further indication of its retreat to pre-Vatican II preoccupations.

The new [BANNED TEXT] has been approved by the Pope but must be submitted to the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments.

Announcing the new [BANNED TEXT] in Rome yesterday, Cardinal Jorge Arturo Medina Estavez explained how demonic possession may be determined. Such a person may be "speaking with a great number of words from unknown languages, or understanding them, making known things either distant or hidden, showing strength beyond one's situation, together with vehement aversion towards God, Our Lady, the Cross and holy pictures".

Catholic doctrine teaches "that demons are fallen angels as a result of their sin, and that they are spiritual beings with great intelligence and power". An exorcism is a ceremony of prayers in which a priest, approved by a bishop, casts out an evil spirit, often calling on it aloud to leave a person. The cardinal said there was "great continuity" between the rites. In the new [BANNED TEXT] "the language is more sombre and fewer adjectives are used: however, the expression of faith in the power of God to expel the devil is the same".

My RE teacher eventually refused to have me in the class because I asked too many questions that she could not answer .Full educational enquiry as well after which she quit .I was put in a room on my own to read books while the rest had RE .Phil Drabble was then my hero .

Religion appears to be absolute mate ,no chance for discussion or questioning which is what made me take the path I did .

1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

I think he’d have a word with the man below before that happened Francie .

If there is a God and i have  to face him I’ve a few choice things to say before he gets a word in .After that he can judge away .

Just to add to the debate Francie ,you must be due another instalment to the book surely or are you happy that the only writings come from an era when men new very little about the world .

An update is needed to bring it into the digital age ?

Your choice words wont hold up im afraid mate,youl have no excuses,its ingrained in your heart an conscience,deep down you know he theres but you dont want to beleive,an hey thats upto you mate,but in a court of law ignorance will not hold up in front of the judge.

An era when men knew nothing of the world lol who says that?

Can you explain the pyramids or many other ancient buildings,they still cant replicate to this day,they knew plenty mate your just choosing to ignore it,Gods word stsys the same as always,no need for anything new?

• Haha 1

Just to keep you entertained on your thought that they knew nothing back then

For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul

Did doctors not blood let until recent times,an is blood not the life of the flesh,how did the bible know this 3000 years ago mate?

theres many more like that if you want to know fd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In times , long past Frances , a lot of beliefs used were regarded as verboten until disproven by medical advancements or science . 

people used to believe deerhounds were actually any good , madness ???

as for abortion , vile , absolutely vile. Both my kids came along at the worst possible time for us , the idea of getting rid of them is horrific . Shameful practice 

• Thanks 1

Most Religions are all about controlling the masses and extorting wealth from them. Getting you into their sect and keeping you there by a combination of promises and threats. There are hundreds of religions. They can't all be right about theirs being the true path. And there hve been many un-Godly acts carried out in the name of religion. Hypocricy is rife. 

There were comments about King Charles not distributing more of his cash to the poor yet the Pope is worth far more and I don't see much of that being used to house the homeless. 

13 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Most Religions are all about controlling the masses and extorting wealth from them. Getting you into their sect and keeping you there by a combination of promises and threats. There are hundreds of religions. They can't all be right about theirs being the true path. And there hve been many un-Godly acts carried out in the name of religion. Hypocricy is rife. 

There were comments about King Charles not distributing more of his cash to the poor yet the Pope is worth far more and I don't see much of that being used to house the homeless. 

I agree that religion was used to control the masses , nowadays other means are being used to control the masses . 

• Like 1