Arrested for thought.

18 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Most Religions are all about controlling the masses and extorting wealth from them. Getting you into their sect and keeping you there by a combination of promises and threats. There are hundreds of religions. They can't all be right about theirs being the true path. And there hve been many un-Godly acts carried out in the name of religion. Hypocricy is rife. 

There were comments about King Charles not distributing more of his cash to the poor yet the Pope is worth far more and I don't see much of that being used to house the homeless. 

I agree with you,i have nothing to do with organised religion,an neither did jesus.

You have free will to choose the free gift of salvation from God,you cant work for it,you cant buy it,you cant sacrament for it,no its a gift from God to either accept it or reject it

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not as simple as that. Theres a "buffer zone " around abortion clinics, to stop protesters harassing women going into the clinics. This woman has form for this, and runs some sort of anti ab

There are many medical and personal reasons to abort a fetus and seeing as you don't own a womb,what the fcuk has it got to do with you except to push your warped god shit upon people?... .

should only be available for victims of rape/abuse and on medical grounds imo ....NOT because your to lazy to put something on it or got no elastic in your draws....

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, Francie, said:

I agree with you,i have nothing to do with organised religion,an neither did jesus.

You have free will to choose the free gift of salvation from God,you cant work for it,you cant buy it,you cant sacrament for it,no its a gift from God to either accept it or reject it

As has been said; that is assuming that you believe in God, and other God's are available. 

51 minutes ago, paul sr said:

I agree that religion was used to control the masses , nowadays other means are being used to control the masses . 

Tell that to the masses outside the Vatican when the top wallah is on the balcony. 

I realised it was all a con years ago whilst reading about Moses and his experience on the mountain top with the burning bush. It then says he came down the mountain in his triumph, everyone knows there were no cars then.

• Haha 5
4 hours ago, foxdropper said:

I think he’d have a word with the man below before that happened Francie .

If there is a God and i have  to face him I’ve a few choice things to say before he gets a word in .After that he can judge away .

Just to add to the debate Francie ,you must be due another instalment to the book surely or are you happy that the only writings come from an era when men new very little about the world .

An update is needed to bring it into the digital age ?

My mam used to say. God is going to have to explain to me all the misery and wars  he lets happen before he judges me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

My mam used to say. God is going to have to explain to me all the misery and wars  he lets happen before he judges me. 

Iv heard this many a times juke.

So does man not have to take responsibility for his action?

We were born with free will tobchoose right or wrong mate,why would he interfere in he free will he gave us,dont worry those warmongers will not get away with there folly they will be judged the day there times up, just like me an you.

3 hours ago, Francie, said:

Your choice words wont hold up im afraid mate,youl have no excuses,its ingrained in your heart an conscience,deep down you know he theres but you dont want to beleive,an hey thats upto you mate,but in a court of law ignorance will not hold up in front of the judge.

An era when men knew nothing of the world lol who says that?

Can you explain the pyramids or many other ancient buildings,they still cant replicate to this day,they knew plenty mate your just choosing to ignore it,Gods word stsys the same as always,no need for anything new?

I’ve never lived my life on excuses Francie ,I’ve never regretted a single thing I’ve done or havnt done but I have witnessed things done in the name of your God and others that should send warning signals to everyone .

If you can justify the pain and suffering that occurs then I’d like to hear it mate .Based on a personal level ,the pain my dear old Mum went through before her passing cannot be justified by a benevolent god of any persuasion nor will any words from you .

I actually find it pretty amazing that anyone can believe in a third party that has no hand in rectifying evil ,but facilitates same .

Im very happy in my choice mate as are you so maybe we should leave it at that . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Francie, said:

We were born with free will tobchoose right or wrong mate,why would he interfere in he free will he gave us,dont worry those warmongers will not get away with there folly they will be judged the day there times up, just like me an you.

But according to your book ,we have to adhere to 10 rules mate so where’s the free will in that .The issue of free will dosnt add up if those rules are followed so how does that fit in .

If they were a creator ,we would be hard wired to follow not turn away or disregard .
As to pyramids .Why would we need to replicate them now of which we are more than capable Im sure .Better they remain the mystery they are .

3 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

But according to your book ,we have to adhere to 10 rules mate so where’s the free will in that .The issue of free will dosnt add up if those rules are followed so how does that fit in .

If they were a creator ,we would be hard wired to follow not turn away or disregard .
As to pyramids .Why would we need to replicate them now of which we are more than capable Im sure .Better they remain the mystery they are .

No mate you dont have to adhere to them,you can choose to or not,entirely up to you.

I can understand your sentiment about suffering,thats the physical world for you,they will be no suffering when we head back home.

But here i didnt mean for this to go like this,so imo that lady should be alowed to silently protest,she wasnt blocking anything or harrasing anyone,them extiction rebellion crowd didnt get shifted on,many a woman changed there mind at the doors of abortion clinics,i definatley dont agree with harrasing them.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, mackay said:

I realised it was all a con years ago whilst reading about Moses and his experience on the mountain top with the burning bush. It then says he came down the mountain in his triumph, everyone knows there were no cars then.

I think it actually says that the sound of David's triumph was heard all around the land. I grew up thinking that he had a Bonneville. 

40 minutes ago, Francie, said:

So how come that God gets all the credit for the nice stuff?

Always remember when my dad passed, one Saturday afternoon as I was in the kitchen preparing his lunch,.   I'm not a religious chap lads,   but I had an LP at the time by Elvis Presley,   on it was this track , do me a favour lads , go listen to it, I can't put links up,. HIS HAND IN MINE,.    I've just played it, and it brought back my dad to me for a few second 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Francie, said:

No mate you dont have to adhere to them,you can choose to or not,entirely up to you.

I can understand your sentiment about suffering,thats the physical world for you,they will be no suffering when we head back home.

But here i didnt mean for this to go like this,so imo that lady should be alowed to silently protest,she wasnt blocking anything or harrasing anyone,them extiction rebellion crowd didnt get shifted on,many a woman changed there mind at the doors of abortion clinics,i definatley dont agree with harrasing them.

If you research the full story, Francie, she had been warned four times for breaking an exclusion order by protesting in an abortion clinic buffer zone.

The fitht time she was asked by the police to move on, she refused and said she was only praying. 

When she refused to move on, the police asked her to accompany them to the station, she again refused, so was arrested.

She wasn't arrested for praying , she was arrested for breaking an exclusion order five times.

If I got an exclusion order from the fens for suspected coursing, do you think the police would give me another four chances before arresting me ?

I think not. ?

Cheers.

10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

If you research the full story, Francie, she had been warned four times for breaking an exclusion order by protesting in an abortion clinic buffer zone.

The fitht time she was asked by the police to move on, she refused and said she was only praying. 

When she refused to move on, the police asked her to accompany them to the station, she again refused, so was arrested.

She wasn't arrested for praying , she was arrested for breaking an exclusion order five times.

If I got an exclusion order from the fens for suspected coursing, do you think the police would give me another four chances before arresting me ?

I think not. ?

Cheers.

You’d be arrested for imitating the real thing according to McHull ?