Winter days

10 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

This is stressing the rail

Memories lol I always used to find the saddles the heaviest we had a pipe burst one night caused a few injuries tremendous amount of pressure going through those pipes.

• Like 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the last few days...proper winter  Yesterday morning view this morning 

I’ve just told me work mate that’s me done till after Christmas, wethers no good for laying bricks and ain’t gonna warm back up any time soon! but perfect for days like this  

Today's graft done...it looks proper Christmasy now... we got guests over Christmas in the cottages so looks the part to turn up too.. Feet up by the fire now...?

Posted Images

Put some apples I'd been storing out for the birds. Within 15 minutes I counted 17 blackies gorging themselves on them. Funny thing was they  have  ceased hostilities. There's  no squabbling at all. They are all just taking on as many calories as they can. A few year back, in a similar cold snap, I noticed 13 Robins sharing the bird feeder. Again, no territory fights, they were all just desperately tucking in.

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Put some apples I'd been storing out for the birds. Within 15 minutes I counted 17 blackies gorging themselves on them. Funny thing was they  have  ceased hostilities. There's  no squabbling at all. They are all just taking on as many calories as they can. A few year back, in a similar cold snap, I noticed 13 Robins sharing the bird feeder. Again, no territory fights, they were all just desperately tucking in.

Robins are smart ones I get one or two come down every time I cut logs they get a few little grubs out the saw dust I leave behind ?

16 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Robins are smart ones I get one or two come down every time I cut logs they get a few little grubs out the saw dust I leave behind ?

They are smart. I've  noticed  they will often follow you on a walk, hoping for food, especially when it's really cold.

They are like house sparrows, they've learned to live off us.

• Like 1