Winter days

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the last few days...proper winter  Yesterday morning view this morning 

I’ve just told me work mate that’s me done till after Christmas, wethers no good for laying bricks and ain’t gonna warm back up any time soon! but perfect for days like this  

Today's graft done...it looks proper Christmasy now... we got guests over Christmas in the cottages so looks the part to turn up too.. Feet up by the fire now...?

Posted Images

Love a clear and frosty morning…, and getting out for a bit of a mooch about. Can’t understand people moaning about it being cold, it’s December ffs, it’s meant to be cold. Even had a few hours of snow yesterday morning, felt proper festive for a wee while. It’s the months of wet and windy weather that keeps me indoors that I find a grind. Not be long till it’s Spring again, that’s the joy of get older.., time just flies. 

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, TOMO said:

been great hasnt it...

its great how every season has its own beauty ....

Yeah its lovely mate 

I'm working around the house, really should be ferreting but needs must unfortunately 

• Like 1

Went out early this morning must have been a dozen moorhens under an old oak feeding, returned past the same tree 5 hours later and there's more Mallards than i could count under it, Must be feeding up on acorns. 

3 minutes ago, Arry said:

And still the Oak Trees are hanging on to its leaves.

Cheers Arry

funny what you notice in nature.....when im on the door at the weekend in the city centre....theres a plane tree opposite our bar....that has two street lights on either side of it.....still got green leaves where the lights are....but the rest have dropped

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Love a clear and frosty morning…, and getting out for a bit of a mooch about. Can’t understand people moaning about it being cold, it’s December ffs, it’s meant to be cold. Even had a few hours of snow yesterday morning, felt proper festive for a wee while. It’s the months of wet and windy weather that keeps me indoors that I find a grind. Not be long till it’s Spring again, that’s the joy of get older.., time just flies. 

Went up to mid Devon yesterday, took my Dad as I had to pick up a lump of slate for a hearth.. it was stunning, a couple of inches of snow, all the trees overhanging the road covered in snow and ice, still lots with browns, orange, yellow leaves... we said how lucky we are to have the seasons, to live in beautiful countryside... my dads 71 made his day to be out for a drive and being useful lumping some slate with me lol

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Arry said:

And still the Oak Trees are hanging on to its leaves.

Cheers Arry

Yeah said that yesterday, lots of leaves on the trees covered in snow..

Did you get any down your way?

We never in Exeter, usually do where I am as up the hill towards Okehampton/Dartmoor but there was a fair lump up Winkleigh, 30 miles up the road 

Went out first thing to take some pics managed one then my iPad crashed from the cold, just come in now for a coffee and a warm by the fire, been chopping firewood and putting antifreeze in the boats and vans I think this will freeze overnight and we may be stuck in for a few days ?

40D62F73-74D2-49EF-807A-86F40F9AD2D1.jpeg

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Went out first thing to take some pics managed one then my iPad crashed from the cold, just come in now for a coffee and a warm by the fire, been chopping firewood and putting antifreeze in the boats and vans I think this will freeze overnight and we may be stuck in for a few days ?

40D62F73-74D2-49EF-807A-86F40F9AD2D1.jpeg

Lovely mate...

Just had a "quick" (hour) break by the fire.... same as you got wood to split now...

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Yeah its lovely mate 

I'm working around the house, really should be ferreting but needs must unfortunately 

Working around the house, good man, i try read all yours posts mate, without the risk of sounding a groveling owd git, its a treat reading about what you have achieved in life, same with that sheep molester from the valleys ,   only joking  Daniel, yes Daniel cain, bloody grafters , nice to know u both even if it is over a keyboard ,   good lads 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve been at work since about 04:30 this morning, when I left home it was -6 even at around 10:30 while carrying out leaf fall inspections yes you heard right lol it was still -2 looking forward to finishing at about 16:30 who said us railway men were lazy ?

F37F3FC4-591B-48A5-AB86-20E9E9AA2E6E.jpeg.5cc2d5615fd230783473e9d59a859ede.jpeg

• Like 3