German shepards

8 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Did you ever meet that Martin Lewis with “Tug” mate

Nope.Saw a few from the 3 or 4 litters it produced though.Even owned one from it for a very short while and my brother had one fom a different litter.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the gundog lads had a family nearby who come for lessons, not farmers but had a small holding, few out buildingd and a shed with some collectable cars and a few gundogs.  They got a Neo th

Just go look at a few litters I thort I wanted a European shepherd but they was to much work for us ( family/ gaurd dog ) went to see some show line ones but they just looked terrible with slanty hips

No, out of looking after my money.  I'll leave you to this now that you have convinced yourself that you were right all along. Nobody else, but it is only you that matters. Classic Walt. I know I

Posted Images

I owned a am bulldog 15 year ago not bad dog only had one irritating fault that was if you ran past it it would grip your ankle and corkscrew putting you on the ground . Oh an biting kids ride  on wheels like a farm collie . 
she was more like a oversized old Tyme bulldog than a American one ,only seen handful like her .

out of all the guard dogs I’ve owned the rotty was the best an if I had to get another that’s  what  I round before looking for .

25 minutes ago, keepdiggin said:

Thoughts 

The one that Scott had was a poor confimationed spastic.The one I had was a cracking looking thing that took to protection work like a duck to water but was a complete f***ing idiot around the house.Everyone I trained with thought I was mad when I got rid of it but like I said they only saw it once a week but I had to live with it for the other 6 and the one my brother had was a nervous bag of shit with skin problems.I was a bit hasty when I bought the pup as I was told a very good brother to my origional bitch and some good Hines blood that a very good knowledgable mate of mine started off with were behind it then when Investigated further they were.About 7 generation back in about 10years.My pal who owned the dogs passed his bulldogs on as he wanted to concentrate on his line of bandogs and the person he passed them onto peddled the f**k out of them for a few years so although they produced the odd goodun nothing consistent came from them.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Griswald said:

Not on the slop, not a chance.

Still, had a German Shepherd bred off police dogs and Akita's, and I know what dog would be alive if they were left in the yard together.

Mate had a shepherd x Akita thing looked like a hyena his yard was never robbed

Anyone who has a GSD bred from police dogs has basically got a reject. The number of dogs bred by police forces that make it to selection for an intitial course is just over 10%. The rest are sold off. The biggest reason for failure is lack of courage. Since 9/11 the demand for security dogs has dramatically increased leading to in some cases a reduction in quality. Anything rejected cannot be used as a good example of the breed.

Regards akitas; a customer has 6 pure bred akitas. They are all as soft as a brush. 

There is an old saying that when it comes to courage "It isn't the size of the dog in a fight, but the amount of fight in the dog!" 

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

Going back about 30 year's ago the coal yard up the road from me had akita rottie crosses I've never see more people aggressive dogs in my life 

Scrapyard  by us kept those xs....when I was about 12 yr old, local wrong UN's bred an akita to a Pitbull ...those pups grew to be the most aggressive dogs I've known...watched 2 of them almost eat a smackhead who was caught apparently robbing the one lads house..they set the 2 dogs on him outside the newsagents in front of us on our way to school?they pulled his face off ,he needed surgery had a couple of hundred stitches?lads who did it went to jail..I will never forget the sight or  sound the poor cnut made or the sound of his arms and legs being crushed as they chewed on him? and I've witnessed some naughty shit in my time?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Griswald said:

You know less about dogs than you do big cats and that's saying something. 

Strange thing to say given that I worked in the department for over 9 years, worked two GSD's, viewed, assessed and trained many others, won trophies and had a 100% record on donated dogs recruited making it into service. Plus over 150 arrests made with dog including numerous bites. And also trained three border collies  and  GSD to be good beating and walking up dogs that were used on shoots in south and north Yorkshire along with a spaniel that was chronically gun shy and crippled when I got her.

And your experience is?

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, Griswald said:

Some people shouldn't have dogs tbh, I why on earth would you encourage them to be human aggressive, I suppose in their line of work anything goes.

You're right though about the power of the breed, our first akita snapped the leg of a big shepherd mix that attacked him after it got out it's back yard.

Thankfully this one of mine hasn't really had the chance to do any damage.

As soon as I spot a dog he's straight on the leash.

My  youngest brother owned one called Evo....my brother could look at someone ,look at the dog and give a command and it would grab you and shake you?few van loads of police came once to raid him...he popped his head out the window and told them,let me lock the dog up...coppers at the back door wouldn't wait....hit the bottom panel through and the first copper climbed through...the akita grabbed him by the shoulder and started shaking him like a rag doll? took the other 4 to grab his ankles and try and pull him out...he was in a mess and they all ran out the garden locking the gate behind them lol...the dog would drag you across the road to sink it's teeth in to anyone who wasn't white...hated uniforms with a passion ? he lived till 13 ,my brother bought it the day his first boy was born...was a f***ing machine right up until I put it to sleep.Rip Evo....they are one bred I give a wide birth if I'm out and about...?Ggg.jpg.48435f3018ac6889f2e53bb8425ddd2a.jpg

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Griswald said:

He looks more like the Japanese type or a mix between Japanese and American?

We've only had the American type tbh, I've heard the former can be more aloof around people.

My dad's last dog was a lovely natured animal, didn't have an aggressive bone in his body and wasn't the absolute headcase with other dogs like the first one was.

I've always liked their personality me though, more cat like than dog, laid back and not overly fussy.

didn't the Americans take a load back after the second world war and mix other stuff in with them?