German shepards

2 hours ago, saluki bouy said:

I like to think I can read a dog body language etc but fecked if I can read an akita or husked type dogs anyone else know why I mean by that? Most uncomfortable situation with a dog I’ve been in was with one of those bloody things 

you get the odd few husky's  by me, only ever seen one akita  , that was  last year. the dogs were kept on the leads,  both with different people , neither could be loosed off with dogs about, the husky's  would piss off the bloke said lol,  he had 2 of them, one was deff sharp with dogs, the akita was big fecker, thought my dog was big, but thing  that  was massive  do some damage .Now there this thick woman  who supposed o be a dog trainer expert  crap, she meets up wit about 4 people with all dogs fookin loose, your talking about  10 dogs runing all over the place, ok there not dog aggressive , but thats not the point there in a dogs face regular . now my old big  dog  ok with dogs, he dont need then in his face more so at 10 year old, little woody he about similar . i keep my 2 on there leads, from those thick fookers . i told a mate i meet over there who walks little cocker poo, thing for sombody that carnt get out much, which is good of  him, now this little dog nervy , he had right go at the woman, i told him one day them daft out o control dogs, going bump into a nasty dog like akita , rottie, or pitbull, and there going to be either dead dog, or bad damaged . hving hd lurchers 35 years, and most apart from i dog, a kelpex collie x grey bitch 23 in, was head banger, she kill any dog if they smell her, she was strong animal about 50lb  light brown like fookin wolf, had to put her down was nightmare to take out, having big soft Buck was breath of fresh air, if he had been like that bitch in temp, he been worse than her, because of his size power,  feck nasty dogs.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the gundog lads had a family nearby who come for lessons, not farmers but had a small holding, few out buildingd and a shed with some collectable cars and a few gundogs.  They got a Neo th

Just go look at a few litters I thort I wanted a European shepherd but they was to much work for us ( family/ gaurd dog ) went to see some show line ones but they just looked terrible with slanty hips

No, out of looking after my money.  I'll leave you to this now that you have convinced yourself that you were right all along. Nobody else, but it is only you that matters. Classic Walt. I know I

Posted Images

Not to get into you lads argument over which of 2 non fighting breeds of dog is the best fighting dog ?...but in terms of experience the more dogs of a breed you are around the better,i dont think you can compare " owning " 3 dogs to " training " hundreds.....i was around a lot of pit bulls years ago without actually owning all that many but would say my experience,understanding and knowledge of them over some people who have " owned " them all their lives is vastly more/better.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
31 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Not to get into you lads argument over which of 2 non fighting breeds of dog is the best fighting dog ?...but in terms of experience the more dogs of a breed you are around the better,i dont think you can compare " owning " 3 dogs to " training " hundreds.....i was around a lot of pit bulls years ago without actually owning all that many but would say my experience,understanding and knowledge of them over some people who have " owned " them all their lives is vastly more/better.

i know what you mean gnash , we had old time staffs leggy types , and that big reid bitch , i told you about. but when you had the proper bulldogs from game bred stuff, there a different level , there deff for experience  people who know the breed inside out like your self , there dangerous animal in the wrong hands deff.

29 minutes ago, Griswald said:

They are the ultimate fighting dog as far as gameness goes  mate but far from unbeatable and I'm not even sure in this day and age they are the best at it at an open weight.

For years now Japanese dogmen have been adding APBT to their lightweight and middleweight tosas, apparently these dogs are light years ahead of the older types.

These dogmen have claimed that they wouldn't usually even match catch weight pitbulls against lightweight and middleweight tosas as it usually ends up in a one sided bout and a dead pitbull.

Don't forget, over in Japan it is still legal, they have both tosa and APBT clubs.

They normally fight by their own rules but occasionally they have mixed bouts between the breeds and they often use big game pitbulls to train young tosas.

There’s a bloke in Japan who breeds various breeds for fighting

apbt

tosa

bully kutta

kangsl

cacaasian shepherd

dogo argentino

his set up is out this world 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Griswald said:

The fella I'm talking about who owns both is called Tourykai or something like that.

You have to remember he has massive experience with both breeds so you'd take his word over someone like Stratton who never matched a dog in his life.

Some great knowledge on this thread, unfortunately not from the last 2 posters.

You tube, Google is great for bullshitters.

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
8 hours ago, saluki bouy said:

I like to think I can read a dog body language etc but fecked if I can read an akita or husked type dogs anyone else know why I mean by that? Most uncomfortable situation with a dog I’ve been in was with one of those bloody things 

Some dogs are more obvious to read than others. One of the roles I had to do was go in houses and yards and deal with whatever dogs were in there and make it safe for the search teams to do their work. I know what you mean about the Spitz type breeds, but bull mastiffs and ridgebacks can also appear aloof and give little signs of what they are thinking. For me the biggest problem to consider was with two or more dogs. There is always the danger that they will work as a team and one of them goes around the back. Thankfully that did not happen. Unless specifically trained to bite humans as police dogs are you can generally back a dog or dogs down IF you have the confidence to front them up. Sounds daft but sometimes just staring at them unsettles the dog and they retreat. A good, deep growly shout also works. One of the most successful tricks is to give them a good bollocking then a few seconds later give them the option of making friends or playing with a ball. You have to remember that most guard dogs aren't actually trained and are more scared than you are.

The most important thing though is to give them an escape route and not to corner them if they are on the nasty side. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, dytkos said:

You started it lol

Who says I'm over 65? 

Ruining threads? Feck sake ?‍♂️

I'll take my learning from people that have been there and done it, not a couple of Wannabees.

Cheers, D.

Where have I said I m a somebody? 

go and take you’re swift for a drive and clear you’re head you old fool

• Haha 1