Y'all and dogs

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man idk what's with you honestly. Yes is polar opposite hence why I'm curious and asking I'm trying to expand my knowledge my guy.  So yes I will show my confusion I will say what think. That's how yo

There’s nothing wrong with wanting the best of things imho mate, I like good kit for anything I do and that extended to not wanting an absolute article at the end of a slip (and believe me, I have had

By far and large yes. But equally that type know f**k all about breeding really, and their interest in blood is superficial, beginning and ending with a bit of paper with some red on it. The lads that

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye it’s January ?

24 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

look, theres but a mere handful of decent folks on here, as talks sense, kens deputy being another, i may be clocking on a tad, but im still there up top,    now afore i take my tablets, will some kind soul, tell me what day it is 

It might be the day l get banned from the Site.....

That's if l say what l think of the twats who think everything revolves around the possession  of dogs with "good" blood  lines... Have they never heard of building a relationship with a dog and taking the time to train it .

And for a country that prides itself in  being a nation of canine lovers  the standard of dog training in the UK    is a bit low .

?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, comanche said:

That's if l say what l think of the twats who think everything revolves around the possession  of dogs with "good" blood  lines... Have they never heard of building a relationship with a dog and taking the time to train it .

And for a country that prides itself in  being a nation of canine lovers  the standard of dog training in the UK    is a bit low .

?

In my humble opinion, it’s both.

A good dog in the right hands is better than a good dog in the wrong hands and a mutt is a mutt no matter how much time and energy you put into it, believe me, I have the wasted years and the diesel bills to prove it.

Edited by WILF
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

what’s your most abundant game stop?

Well, it ain’t rabbits, Hares, pheasants or Deer that’s for sure ! Lol ? 

The most abundant thing here is Hooded Crows ! 
Oh sorry, and rooks.

But that’s just my part of the country.

Edited by WILF
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

The dogs an icon in here pal . It’s been a pleasure reading about him over the years and I imagine you’ve been pleased with his exploits ??

Wish you many more days in the sun with the big lad together ray mate 

thanks mate  ? , hope me next lurcher , if i get another, will be as good has him, i am 70 now , maybe to old for another lurcher pup , when the big lad gone.! 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

Had a look at sites selling " fully trained" protection dogs this morning. Some are basically selling pups of 15 months as the finished product. Very dodgy. The protection dog industry has no oversight. Won't be long before there are tragic incidents stemming from these dogs

Yes, I agree. A few of these companies are run by people on the wrong side of the track. It drives up the demand for stolen dogs and allows what can be lethal weapons to be used by the public. 

10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

is it barren wilf compared to this side a the water

Compared to the UK it’s a f***ing desert mate ! 
Also, and again this is my part of the world, the topography, forestry, and the nature of farm land make it useless for a decent dog as we know it.

Your 28 inch machine ain’t much use here.

Add to that no driven shoots or keeper estates, what is it ? 2 species of deer, it’s all little gun clubs who want to put down no birds, put f**k all back and spent the season wandering the hedge rows like Elmer Fudd for 1 skinny pheasant.

They genuinely post pictures on WhatsApp groups if they even see a pheasant !! 

Fox shooters bag a few as they peep their head out the forestry.

Other parts of the country would have bigger, open arable fields like we are used to but you still don’t see the amount of gear we do, absolutely not even on the same planet mate. 

Terrierwork I couldn’t speak for because it’s not something you actually witness just driving about.

Bare in mind, I can see herds of Fallow out of the aeroplane window as I’m coming into land at Stanstead ! 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, bird said:

thanks mate  ? , hope me next lurcher , if i get another, will be as good has him, i am 70 now , maybe to old for another lurcher pup , when the big lad gone.! 

Was going to say if he’s the best you had in 35 years that not a good place to finish? By all accounts get another but don’t expect to much from it? 

4 minutes ago, WILF said:

Also, and again this is my part of the world, the topography, forestry, and the nature of farm land make it useless for a decent dog as we know it.

Add to that no driven shoots or keeper estates, what is it ? 2 species of deer, it’s all little gun clubs who want to put down no birds, put f**k all back and spent the season wandering the hedge rows like Elmer Fudd for 1 skinny pheasant.

Other parts of the country would have bigger, open arable fields like we are used to but you still don’t see the amount of gear we do, absolutely not even on the same planet mate. 

Terrierwork I couldn’t speak for because it’s not something you actually witness just driving about.

Bare in mind, I can see herds of Fallow out of the aeroplane window as I’m coming into land at Stanstead ! 

Sounds boring as feck ? obviously ain’t to good for hounds either lads gone out there soon come back over. 

46 minutes ago, comanche said:

?

I also don't subscribe to the best bloodlines = best dogs. But it does often narrow the odds providing the dog or pup actually has the traits it was bred for AND hasn't already been ruined by a previous owner. The skill is knowing what to look for in a dog or pup's character. And only a very small percentage of dog owners have that ability. You could view a litter from the top dogs in the country and still pick a wrong 'un. If all the pups in all the litters were guaranteed to be as successful as their parents it would make a mockery of shows and trials. 

Some of our best dogs were non-pedigree and had been brought up the wrong way. But they were the few ones that were chosen, not the many we rejected.

5 minutes ago, WILF said:

loads round Stansted...drove down the m 11...2 week ago...counted 11 carcasses in one stretch about 2 mile in length ...just in the central reservation going south...not just fallow mind ..munty and Roe...

came back up a few days later after staying in Kent ...same stretch in the dark ..a herd of fallow feeding on the vegetation just a foot away from the hard shoulder on the banking...

• Like 1