up the lionesses

1 hour ago, Deker said:

:hmm::hmm::hmm: So a lot had no interest in Football, but spent money on tickets and endured the horror and expense of travelling to Wembley just to support women????

Lets be clear, I am not flying the flag for women or their football, neither am I for one second suggesting they are better than the men, the equivalent male team shouldn't struggle to much against them, despite the fact most top flight male footballers are Prima Donnas worried about their image.

I found the womens Euros entertaining and far more skilful that I would have expected, simple as!

:thumbs:

A quick search showed the women's team finished 3rd in the world cup in 2015 and 4th in 2019 I cant remember one bit of interest shown in it then, the only thing that's changed is the media furore around it and the constant drip of being told what we must believe and enjoy.

Its great you enjoyed it, I personally wouldn't watch it, that doesn't make me a sexist dinosaur just some one who has no interest.  Its great they won, great women and young girls are getting into football, but its women's football and not men's football, simple as!  

• Thanks 1

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hope it does get more girls out playing sports, the shit young girls seem to put up with these days with social media, having to look a certain way, stupid pouting pictures, the need to be liked by

Posted Images

Made me laugh that.. someone mentioned earlier about people saying some of womens national team could play in the Prem!!  lol... what a LOB!!

You can't really compare them to the mens game.. men are men, and women are women, or thats how it used to be!! ... but I've often wonderd at what level would the national womans team be equivalent too in mens leagues?? Would it be an equal game with a league 2 side?? Honestly.. i've no idea.  So in terms of fitness, skill and actually being able to play the game.. what level do people think they're equivalent too??

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Made me laugh that.. someone mentioned earlier about people saying some of womens national team could play in the Prem!!  lol... what a LOB!!

You can't really compare them to the mens game.. men are men, and women are women, or thats how it used to be!! ... but I've often wonderd at what level would the national womans team be equivalent too in mens leagues?? Would it be an equal game with a league 2 side?? Honestly.. i've no idea.  So in terms of fitness, skill and actually being able to play the game.. what level do people think they're equivalent too??

nowhere near good enough to play division 2 ...

but just because I think that ...doesn't mean I don't think think it should be televised...

most sports women can't compete with men...men are stronger faster etc...that's just nature...

good on them ...I was cheering them on last week

3 minutes ago, TOMO said:

nowhere near good enough to play division 2 ...

but just because I think that ...doesn't mean I don't think think it should be televised...

most sports women can't compete with men...men are stronger faster etc...that's just nature...

good on them ...I was cheering them on last week

I bet they'd thrash the Stags!! lol...

Yes.. i know men are stronger and faster that's why i mentioned skill, fitness being able to play.

Ah.. i doesn't matter i suppose.. i was just curious!!

I watched the semi and the final.. and fair enjoyed it to be honest. Two things i did notice.. no rolling about on the floor faking/ exagerating injuries.. and also every corner was bang on the money! No hitting the first man stood on near post at knee height!! lol.. Fair play to them!!

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

U14/U15 

• Like 3

I know you are joking about the stags....but funnily enough it was watching them that I base my opinion on ....for 3 seasons I was stood behind the away dugout doing security...and got to watch most games in there entirety...apart from a few incidents...and watching them lads and the speed and aggression and intensity they played the game was was great to watch close up...I'm  talking about both teams of course

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

The USA woman’s World Cup winning team got ironed out by a Dallas schools under 15s boys team 5 2 

just let that sink in 

• Like 1

From what I witnessed in that final, their equivalent age group at mens would be decent standard U14 or U15.

Their decision making need work, simple stuff like playing the way you are facing, moving the ball quicker, switches of play all would put them at about that level.

Trying to dribble through 2 or 3 players instead of passing simple.

Also, the legs started to run out of steam late in the game, again, something you would see in younger players.

Technically, they were pretty good….good technique, addressed the ball well (as pointed out about their corners), tackling and pressing was good, the first goal was world class in any theatre of the game…..that wasn’t easy and the girl knew it was in the moment it left her boot, that was no fluke. 

That’s how I perceived it anyway.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, WILF said:

From what I witnessed in that final, their equivalent age group at mens would be decent standard U14 or U15.

Their decision making need work, simple stuff like playing the way you are facing, moving the ball quicker, switches of play all would put them at about that level.

Trying to dribble through 2 or 3 players instead of passing simple.

Also, the legs started to run out of steam late in the game, again, something you would see in younger players.

Technically, they were pretty good….good technique, addressed the ball well (as pointed out about their corners), tackling and pressing was good, the first goal was world class in any theatre of the game…..that wasn’t easy and the girl knew it was in the moment it left her boot, that was no fluke. 

That’s how I perceived it anyway.

"Mansplaining" at its best ! ?? !

The feminists must love you ! ? !

Cheers.

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I know you are joking about the stags....but funnily enough it was watching them that I base my opinion on ....for 3 seasons I was stood behind the away dugout doing security...and got to watch most games in there entirety...apart from a few incidents...and watching them lads and the speed and aggression and intensity they played the game was was great to watch close up...I'm  talking about both teams of course

Yes mate.. I'd heard they were playing some good stuff and I made plans to wind the clock back and get to a game last season but it never happened.. weddings and other things getting in the way! Was a regular home and away for a good few years. Had some good away trips with the lad's... proper quality those days were. Then got married and that f**ked it all up!! lol...

27 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Interesting that Wilf cheers.. i won't argue with that.. you know the game better than me mate..?

Football is just opinions mate, other people may see something different to me

• Like 1