• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Full of northern c**ts wearing football shirts and shouting their mouths off... you don't get that in Newcastle outside of match days, unless we've been to a funeral or a job interview.

Feck that lol Greece looks beautiful,I wouldn't live under Islamic law in turkey

Never trust a Turk.  Turkey would be well well down the list of possible places to relocate personally.  if your going to that level of upheaval why not somewhere like New Zealand,Canada, Austr

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Just seen how nice it is and very good life, houses going up and plenty to do. Spains a bit dead now adays and full of northern c**ts wearing football shirts shouting their mouths off??

Not where I live ?

House in the mountains here with all the trimmings, around 150-250K for a palace. Not too far from the airports (2hours ish). No football shirts and plenty of shooting.

• Like 4

Another option is Andorra. Flat rate 10% tax but you need to pay around 15K to register as a resident. Everything is dirt cheap. People speak English. You will need to spend over 6months there a year (officially :whistling:)

• Like 2
Just now, mushroom said:

Not where I live ?

House in the mountains here with all the trimmings, around 150-250K for a palace. Not too far from the airports (2hours ish). No football shirts and plenty of shooting.

that's the thing with Spain everybody thinks of the resorts they forget about the rural side of things beautiful country when you get out amongst it ...

the northern coast line is stunning and very quiet ...been on a beach up there middle of August...we were the only people on it

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TOMO said:

that's the thing with Spain everybody thinks of the resorts they forget about the rural side of things beautiful country when you get out amongst it ...

the northern coast line is stunning and very quiet ...been on a beach up there middle of August...we were the only people on it

San pol de mar is my go to beach mate. No cnut there! 

Only thing with living here is the bureaucracy. It can be a bit of a pain.

In Antalya just now. Beautiful in places, but wouldn’t want to live here. Always fancied retiring to somewhere in the med, maybe Greece or Cyprus. Got woken at dawn this morning by some fcuker wailing that it was time to get up and pray.., for a minute I thought I was in Bradford. Second time I’ve been to one of these all inc. resorts.  There’s a lot to like, but probably 95+% Russians (guests & staff), that’s the downside. Guess we’d consider them rude & impolite, but suppose its just their way. Not nice to be around though.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Not where I live ?

A house with all the trimmings is going to cost money anywhere mate, but you know yourself if you can rough it for a while you can buy something for buttons and turn it into something you want pretty cheap…..and it’s amazing what you think you need but you don’t once you start living somewhere. 

Id say a house in a really nice climate wouldn’t need to be much more than a place you sleep and wash, why would you be in it if the weather is nice ? 

If you want the U.K. 5 bed footballer job then that’s fine too, but you won’t be impressing many rural locals with it…..I can only speak for here but things like that don’t really impress anyone, same as car snobbery, nobody gives a shit about that here….there’s people driving cars held together with bailing twine and nobody gives them a second look.

When you strip it all back, it’s amazing how you don’t need all the little things you thought you needed back in the U.K. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

I think the only way to come to a conclusion about a country is to go there, spend some time seeing all aspects of it, spend time with the people, and I don't mean a two week package holiday in a tourist spot full of fish and chip shops, English pubs and Whatneys bleeding Red Barrel ! ??

Its a huge move to start a new life in a foreign country, and you should garner as much information as possible before making that move.

Cheers.

I understand that logic and it’s decent advice but I disagree, imho you are either going to do or not do……f***ing about umm-ing and argh-ing won’t get you anywhere and you will be in exactly the same position in 5 years.

It won’t be perfect, it won’t be easy and there will be bumps that cost a few quid, it will take a few years to settle and you will have the unique experience of being the foreigner in another man’s land and possibly feel like a fish out of water…..but for me, it’s all been worth it and I wouldn’t go back to the U.K. and raise kids for all the tea in China !

f**k condemning them to that shit.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Whenever I think of Spain I instantly picture a villa on a mountain with that guitar strumming music of zorro 

• Haha 1

Two of the best places I’ve been have been Mombasa beach in Kenya , the idea of being a game warden or estate manager over there takes some serious push back sometimes  

and I really like Oman , was lovely over there if I’m honest , the towns reminded me of a Middle Eastern equivalent of what I picture the American mid west to be like , malls , Main Street and football stadiums