On 08/07/2022 at 02:31, FLATTOP said:

Malta is very similar they seem to go all out on the birds if I recall. 

Mist nets and bird-lime for passerines, blasting Robins with shotguns, I don't think they have much wildlife? 

Canada is looking at over a million immigrants in the next few years, met a brit lady the other day originally from Wraysbury who came for a year 35 years ago, she is still here ?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Full of northern c**ts wearing football shirts and shouting their mouths off... you don't get that in Newcastle outside of match days, unless we've been to a funeral or a job interview.

Feck that lol Greece looks beautiful,I wouldn't live under Islamic law in turkey

Never trust a Turk.  Turkey would be well well down the list of possible places to relocate personally.  if your going to that level of upheaval why not somewhere like New Zealand,Canada, Austr

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, mackem said:

Mist nets and bird-lime for passerines, blasting Robins with shotguns, I don't think they have much wildlife? 

Canada is looking at over a million immigrants in the next few years, met a brit lady the other day originally from Wraysbury who came for a year 35 years ago, she is still here ?

Yes your right not much wild life there at all I went once years ago my memories are they like trying to blow everything up with fireworks ? , they catch all the migrating birds it’s a big thing out there, but to be honest I don’t know what you get out of shooting a robin I’ve been protecting these little robins in my garden the last few weeks funny little birds.

6364E2B2-13B2-42AF-9703-57296E1594C6.jpeg.75899919012fe991e42a183d59f9594a.jpeg

As for migration to Canada it looks and sounds a good lifestyle but Mrs Flattop don’t do cold or Trudeau luckily the latter won’t be there forever but the cold will be.

My mate John is a Towarf captain equivalent to what our RNLI used to be in Oakville Toronto he comes from a family of fisherman in Leigh on Sea Essex.

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

As for migration to Canada it looks and sounds a good lifestyle but Mrs Flattop don’t do cold or Trudeau luckily the latter won’t be there forever but the cold will be.

No mate, vancouver isn't cold, doesn't get 3 feet of snow nor -40 like it does here ? I told my kid to move here but he chose florida. I know a guy arrived here 5 weeks ago, within a week he had a full time and a part-time job. For me it's a relaxed chilled out place to hang out for a while ?

WWW.THESTAR.COM

Canada aims to attract about 1.3 million new immigrants over the next three years to help fill...

• Like 3

I’m a couple of years from retirement so a younger man should seriously be looking at this as I believe the UK isn’t getting any better any time soon, where do you think you will eventually settle @mackem as you’ve been about a bit there must be some where where you’d like to put down permanent roots or does that not appeal at all.

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Like 2
47 minutes ago, mackem said:

No mate, vancouver isn't cold, doesn't get 3 feet of snow nor -40 like it does here ? I told my kid to move here but he chose florida. I know a guy arrived here 5 weeks ago, within a week he had a full time and a part-time job. For me it's a relaxed chilled out place to hang out for a while ?

WWW.THESTAR.COM

Canada aims to attract about 1.3 million new immigrants over the next three years to help fill...

My pal moved to Kelowna BC over 10 years ago and despite having a few major bumps he has never considered coming back, he knows his kids have a better life and it’s worth it.

He had a brief visit back after he had been there a few years and said he was never coming back after that, couldn’t believe how much things had changed for the worse 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mackem said:

WWW.THESTAR.COM

A very good mate of mine is living in Toronto and isn’t the happiest. Lock downs, districts spread out etc. He’s not a fan. Thing with Barcelona and Cataluña in general is, it’s spoilt connected with public transport, money from the Olympics was invested very very wisely and we’re spoilt. Everything is nearby, mountains, beach, cities for peanuts. When you leave a place like this and move to a major city, it’s just not the same. 

2 hours ago, mackem said:

WWW.THESTAR.COM

My Son moved to Vancouver in December last year to play a bit of rugby and have a bit of fun. He's previously lived in Melbourne, Auckland and Canterbury but reckons Vancouver is head and shoulders above them. Plenty of work available, locals very friendly, stunning scenery and fantastic facilties. Last weekend was Saturday on the beach and Sunday hiking in the snow. He's said that he's found his spiritual home and will be applying for permanent residency.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, welshphil said:

My Son moved to Vancouver in December last year to play a bit of rugby and have a bit of fun. He's previously lived in Melbourne, Auckland and Canterbury but reckons Vancouver is head and shoulders above them. Plenty of work available, locals very friendly, stunning scenery and fantastic facilties. Last weekend was Saturday on the beach and Sunday hiking in the snow. He's said that he's found his spiritual home and will be applying for permanent residency.

Vancouver’s great but it’s full of Chinese not a problem as thier are no trouble whatsoever.canadas a wonderfull country,.some many places to see it’s unbelievable.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, mackem said:

Rabbit is, or was the National dish of Malta, Mrs sister was born there (father was stationed there in the Navy).

Cheers, D.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Rabbit is, or was the National dish of Malta, Mrs sister was born there (father was stationed there in the Navy).

Cheers, D.

Yep, they all have hutches on balconies for supper ;)

3 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

I’m a couple of years from retirement so a younger man should seriously be looking at this as I believe the UK isn’t getting any better any time soon, where do you think you will eventually settle @mackem as you’ve been about a bit there must be some where where you’d like to put down permanent roots or does that not appeal at all.

Thailand one day mate, or a deluxe-single with en-suite in Belmarsh ?

1 hour ago, mushroom said:

A very good mate of mine is living in Toronto and isn’t the happiest. Lock downs, districts spread out etc. 

It's Canada, big open country with lots of space, he could always jump on a plane if its that crap surely? Lockdowns were the same as the UK, I was in Toronto a few days ago, nowhere near the quality of life of Ottawa, saying that Canada had two or three cities in the top 10 most liveable cities in the world this year, I think Toronto may have been in the list? 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, mackem said:

Remember '97 when we left HK, they were buying up neighbourhoods in Vancouver. 

Yup they was, and for all I was worth back then , young, stupid, risk taker,living the high life at 22?years old, got involved in the corruption side of it, but by Jesus I said to my wife who was 22 yrs old that I didn’t want my kids brought up in Hk don’t know why but look at the place now???

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Qbgrey said:

Yup they was, and for all I was worth back then , young, stupid, risk taker,living the high life at 22?years old, got involved in the corruption side of it, but by Jesus I said to my wife who was 22 yrs old that I didn’t want my kids brought up in Hk don’t know why but look at the place now???

Best thing that happened to my kids was uni in Honkers, bilingual and good educations, East meets West, see the world from different perspectives ?

1 hour ago, mackem said:

Best thing that happened to my kids was uni in Honkers, bilingual and good educations, East meets West, see the world from different perspectives ?

Exactly mate Hong Kong was a very special place. Had some great memories thier.it’s gone tits up unfortunately.I went thier stone broke as a kid and made enough to buy my 4 th home before 27 yrs old.?crazy place crazy monies

• Thanks 1