Nowhere is perfect.

Cyprus is too small with hardly any decent fishing or hunting. The weather is good for about 4 months of the year, but winters are cold and wet and summers are much too hot. Many of the houses available on the market are only suited to the 4 months of temperate weather. Cost of living is getting high.

France has good weather in parts and you can choose what sort of climate you prefer. However, the weather is not what it used to be. Plenty of good fishing. Hunting and shooting isn't what we are used to in the UK and doesn't suit me. Cost of living is higher than the UK and getting more each year especially health care and food. Cheap houses and land, but renovating can be expensive and a nightmare if you don't do your own.

Also, beware of the new EU regulations if you want to spend more than 90 days at a time or 180 in total in the EU. It is not like it used to be.

• Like 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Full of northern c**ts wearing football shirts and shouting their mouths off... you don't get that in Newcastle outside of match days, unless we've been to a funeral or a job interview.

Feck that lol Greece looks beautiful,I wouldn't live under Islamic law in turkey

Never trust a Turk.  Turkey would be well well down the list of possible places to relocate personally.  if your going to that level of upheaval why not somewhere like New Zealand,Canada, Austr

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, WILF said:

Ok, I’m just going to say it……have you considered Sunderland ? 

Feck that , last thing we want is aload of del boys buying holiday homes up here ? ?

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, steve66 said:

Feck that , last thing we want is aload of del boys buying holiday homes up here ? ?

Run them into the sea mate ! Lol ? 

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Nowhere is perfect.

Cyprus is too small with hardly any decent fishing or hunting. The weather is good for about 4 months of the year, but winters are cold and wet and summers are much too hot. Many of the houses available on the market are only suited to the 4 months of temperate weather. Cost of living is getting high.

My cousin, who is dual nationality, British/Cypriot, is here just now and could have written what you posted above ! ?Apart from the cost of living, he's quite shocked at the cost of living here.

Hes looking to buy a cottage in the country to spend the summer here and the winter in Cyprus.

He told me it's very expensive to keep a house in Cyprus hot in winter and cool in summer, but he's spent a very enjoyable 20+ years living there, but feels he needs to spend at least some of his time in his latter years "back home".

Cheers.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

A house with all the trimmings is going to cost money anywhere mate, but you know yourself if you can rough it for a while you can buy something for buttons and turn it into something you want pretty cheap…..and it’s amazing what you think you need but you don’t once you start living somewhere. 

Id say a house in a really nice climate wouldn’t need to be much more than a place you sleep and wash, why would you be in it if the weather is nice ? 

If you want the U.K. 5 bed footballer job then that’s fine too, but you won’t be impressing many rural locals with it…..I can only speak for here but things like that don’t really impress anyone, same as car snobbery, nobody gives a shit about that here….there’s people driving cars held together with bailing twine and nobody gives them a second look.

When you strip it all back, it’s amazing how you don’t need all the little things you thought you needed back in the U.K. 

By trimmings I meant ready to move in to. As in no (or not much) work to be done. You can get a fix upper for much less, if you want ;)

2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

My cousin, who is dual nationality, British/Cypriot, is here just now and could have written what you posted above ! ?Apart from the cost of living, he's quite shocked at the cost of living here.

Hes looking to buy a cottage in the country to spend the summer here and the winter in Cyprus.

He told me it's very expensive to keep a house in Cyprus hot in winter and cool in summer, but he's spent a very enjoyable 20+ years living there, but feels he needs to spend at least some of his time in his latter years "back home".

Cheers.

There are two prices for many things in Cyprus; local & tourist. Ifyou are lucky you will find things become less expensive in time. 

Winter heating costs will not be cheap. Most of the local wood is pine and they don't yet have any oil or gas of their own. Water is getting expensive too. For me, living in Cyprus would be too claustrophobic.  

I used to sell loads of catering equipment to Greek Cypriots and they f***ing hate it when you call them a Turk ! Lol

If they used to give me a cheeky bid I’d say “You can f**k off you greedy Turk c**t” and they would do their nut “I ain’t a f***ing Turk!!l” lol ? 

All good fun ! Lol 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, WILF said:

I used to sell loads of catering equipment to Greek Cypriots and they f***ing hate it when you call them a Turk ! Lol

If they used to give me a cheeky bid I’d say “You can f**k off you greedy Turk c**t” and they would do their nut “I ain’t a f***ing Turk!!l” lol ? 

All good fun ! Lol 

same mate I worked with two Cypriot brothers...

by Christ they bite when you wind em up about the Turks..lol

• Haha 1

Turks don't like any mention of Kurds either....

2 minutes ago, TOMO said:

3 minutes ago, TOMO said:

??

Bulgaria.., it’s the future Rodney.
Check out what your money buys here (filter on lowest price). 

WWW.RIGHTMOVE.CO.UK

Search over a Million properties for sale and to rent from the top estate...

Who needs building regs, running water, tarmac’d roads etc. anyway ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, TOMO said:

what about France ...a lot cheaper than here for property...

and France is stunning especially the south ...climate is great down there and so long as your not right on the coast property is cheaper...

also you can drive to the south of France pretty easy in 12 ..15 hours or so ..

France is a nice looking country....it's the French people i couldn't live with, i find them a rude and arrogant race of people....

i think going on holiday there and living there would be two different experiences.....

• Like 4
18 hours ago, TOMO said:

what about France ...a lot cheaper than here for property...

and France is stunning especially the south ...climate is great down there and so long as your not right on the coast property is cheaper...

also you can drive to the south of France pretty easy in 12 ..15 hours or so ..

double post

Yup the French our not for me been thier over 10 times , prefer Portugal if it’s got to be a close ish European place. I’m looking at Croatia. Catholic and Christian place no music playing calling you to the mosque ,all that rocking back and fourth make me dizzy.may try a trip thier if the don’t keep cancelling flights ffs.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, tillylamp said:

France is a nice looking country....it's the French people i couldn't live with, i find them a rude and arrogant race of people....

i think going on holiday there and living there would be two different experiences.....