On 03/07/2022 at 07:48, Casey97 said:

What torch would people recommend and if any one has a good night vision goggles what brand would you recommend also and I’ve heard the red beam light rabbits can’t see it ass much, is this true?

I've tried all the available lamps, and I still can't get a result..

Something is wrong,...got to be....?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Haha 7

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old Blue Eyes is back..?  

The old blue eye lamp was a perfect little lamp. I think mine was a million candle. I remember the feeling when I had it as money was tight back then as it is now lol. The days of postal orders and k

I've tried all the available lamps, and I still can't get a result.. Something is wrong,...got to be....?  

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, levigsp said:

Just go old school and use a cibie super oscar mounted on a bit of broom handle, complete with 18 amp motor bike battery!  lol

Well remember them days, best one I ever made was with a spotlight off a Hymac digger. Removed the frosted glass and fitted clear. Good beam for then. Also remember having a massive head fit when the battery acid ate my Barbour Solway Zipper , that I had to save for !! Now use a hand held Night Saber. Ideal for a couple or more hours and a brilliant beam, from flood to tiny pencil spot.

Clulite also good little lamp for a couple of hours

20220704_163856.jpg

20220704_164129.jpg

I've lamped with I would say every type going home made right up to the latest don't like LED lamps that's just me now I find you can kill rabbits with most lamps it's all about the Dog and most importantly the way you work the dog on the lamp this we lamp here not worth a fck but killed 20 rabbits that night 

20220704_173708.jpg

• Like 6
28 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

haven’t tried mate there handy for mooching but there’s a lot better i think

I got a lightforce. But when your just mooching and looking over a few gates. It’s a lot less hassle then having a corded lamp 

• Like 1

I use a Striker 170, got filters but don't use them cos they're a faff to get on and off, despite modifications lol, as above, it's all about the dog and fieldcraft.

Got a little led red/white led (from D.Lloyd off here) that use for an occasional mooch but the red is better for me (I'm colour blind) cos I can't spot anything with the white ?‍♀️ have no idea whether the dog can tbh but if I can't see them it's pointless 

Cheers, D.

1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

Old Blue Eyes is back..?

File0038.jpg

Blue Eyes

Black Eyes and

Clear Eyes

All great lamps back in the day. They also did a smaller version that was real handy in some specks. Tough as old boots too. ?

Who remembers the 1000,000 cp lamp from Argos with the red on/off button on top,with the unscrew handle with a tripod inside. Like most people I rewired mine up to a different switch.

Think they sold for about £20,who remembers their actual name and does anyone still have one.I'm sure someone put a picture of one on here not long ago.

I seen one on a market stall back about 3 years ago for £10,wish I picked it up now,even came with original box.

• Like 4