Is m parishs lucky the best of all time.

7 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

There’s deer and there’s deer, big difference from a dainty little roe or CWD & a big fallow buck or red. I’m sure if someone had taken the larger species with a pure saluki it would’ve been well documented

coursing breds will take fallow and even red does mate 

even more so if you chuck some bull in there like the greyhounds have ?

and throw 4 dogs out 

Edited by mC HULL

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol.....lets be honest gene...your life partner  is wearing the trousers...  and there's no way he's letting you get a dog

Yeah, I feel the same fellah,...I don't really care whether a pup of mine goes to a working or a pet home, just as long as it is well cared for...?  I always try to gift pups to genuinely nice gu

If you’re dealing with decent fellas & you’re a decent sort yourself you’ll get a pup for free, it’s the ones charging a grand id be wary of

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I face jail every morning when my pup runs the roe behind my house, if I worried about it, I'd have given up the game years ago.

I'm an old time stoic, much like when the King of Persia gave the king of Sparta the ultimatum;

" If you don't surrender, and if we invaded, and if we defeat you, we will slaughter all the men, enslave all the women, and destroy all the land".

The king of Sparta simply replied "IF..." ?

Cheers.

Get caught in Uk deliberately coursing deer  and you will get a fine first time, second time a bigger fine. Do it in Eastern Europe and jail first time no messing, no excuses, no plea bargains etc.                                                                                    Only last month someone in Poland was caught using snares for boar, got five years, car and all hunting equipment taken as well.

I would like to see how brave most UK hunters would be!?

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, levigsp said:

Get caught in Uk deliberately coursing deer  and you will get a fine first time, second time a bigger fine. Do it in Eastern Europe and jail first time no messing, no excuses, no plea bargains etc.                                                                                    Only last month someone in Poland was caught using snares for boar, got five years, car and all hunting equipment taken as well.

I would like to see how brave most UK hunters would be!?

5 years hard labour eating gruel ? id do what the rest a the c**ts a done f**k off here ? 

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

coursing breds will take fallow and even red does mate 

even more so if you chuck some bull in there like the greyhounds have ?

mans throw 4 dogs out 

In my experience most are cowards when it comes to big deer and I’ve seen enough to form an opinion

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

how did you find them chart good all rounders 

I only seen them run when I had them at mine one day and one night.

That hare was taken day time, mid winter, with a long slip that would make your eyes water ! ?

I couldnt, and wouldn't, comment on them on a few runs.

Cheers.

• Like 2

I seen a couple of coursing dogs you could fire at anything and theyd get to it and try but ive seen far more that over run stuff sit and wait for mistakes only grab where there 100% comfortable. I seen one with a big reputation as a fox and stag stopper slipped on a fox the fox never moved and the dog run at it and scurfed off watching it until it ran ? some coursers kill alot with there funny ways but not for me i like a dog to be a certain way.

? I know a few lads who have travelled into Europe with their running dogs, for the craic...

Sadly, amidst the good times and superb sport,.. came the quite astounding and undoubtable scary, bad times...?

Some of these old Farmers over there, can be a right handful and the local Police will always back them up,..no matter what crazy, dangerous stunts they pull....

Most of the coursing enthusiasts that I have talked to, are in no hurry to go back.

As for catching deer with Greyhounds, well,.. I freely admit that I've never had the desire to pull down a Red Stag, and in truth, the large Fallow, have never been my first choice,. but for taking Roe deer , one after the other, all day (or night ) long...I've seen even mediocre Greyhounds spin them over really easily...?

Each to their own,.. but when it was legal, I used to really enjoy,.. hunting the Roe deer.... ?

Edited by OldPhil
10 minutes ago, Gene said:

I've driven across there for several hours and the number of game I spotted was nothing special, about the same number of roe as you'd expect to see over here tbh.

I'm sure if you got busted slipping on them the coppers would take a bribe.

I am quite sure you would be wrong. In Poland the Police take a dim view of poachers and are most likely of breaking a few bones and a few more if bribery is tried, thats before the get you patched up to take you before the judge, who in most cases you will find is part of the local hunting wheel.  As for the amounts of game, well your right about roe, about the same per 100 hectares as here, but reds are across the whole country as a Fallow, Mouflon, Pigs, and the predators are in far higher numbers, Marten, mink, fox, jackel, racoon, racoon dog, badger and all can legally be hunted. 

18 hours ago, OldPhil said:

? I know a few lads who have travelled into Europe with their running dogs, for the craic...

Sadly, amidst the good times and superb sport,.. came the quite astounding and undoubtable scary, bad times...?

Some of these old Farmers over there, can be a right handful and the local Police will always back them up,..no matter what crazy, dangerous stunts they pull....

Most of the coursing enthusiasts that I have talked to, are in no hurry to go back.

As for catching deer with Greyhounds, well,.. I freely admit that I've never had the desire to pull down a Red Stag, and in truth, the large Fallow, have never been my first choice,. but for taking Roe deer , one after the other, all day (or night ) long...I've seen even mediocre Greyhounds spin them over really easily...?

Each to their own,.. but when it was legal, I used to really enjoy,.. hunting the Roe deer.... ?

salisbury roe and rabbits 16 october 013.jpg

Phil you are right,Roe deer are great sport with dogs and greyhound are super for the job.                                                                                                                                  For Fallow and even bigger game you need EITHER real power house dogs, or clever dogs, if you get both in one your doing ok.                                                        As for running dogs in Europe, well in Poland its a no go as you will get a hiding and banged up.                                                                                                                  Same in some other countries.                                                                                      But Ukraine WAS a paradise for running dogs, everything from Hamsters to red deer was fair game and everyone not hunting just ignored you.

But at the End of the Day the period of our history from about 78 to 98 was gods gift to the lurcher man. plenty of game across the board, access to good dogs, good lamps and reliable cars. The best place on earth for lurchers at that time was in the uk

Sadly a lot of people were to late for those special days and they will NEVER be repeated, if you want the bags of game you need to move and change tack from running dogs to something else.

Edited by levigsp
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

I didn’t mention red stags, and I never said anything about running deer with a pure greyhound, what I said was greyhound blood is often forgotten about when talking lurchers but in my opinion it’s the most important part because without it very little would be caught. As I’ve said I’m no expert on hare coursing but I do know about deer & if a saluki met the wrong one of the 3 bigger species it would throw the towel in, as would the vast majority of line bred coursing dogs

I find it funny myself that lads are discrediting greyhound blood even though their dogs are a minimum 1/4 greyhound, doesn't matter how much you line bred it's still in em and has to be be given credit for bringing something to the table. 

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I find it funny myself that lads are discrediting greyhound blood even though their dogs are a minimum 1/4 greyhound, doesn't matter how much you line bred it's still in em and has to be be given credit for bringing something to the table. 

I think the people that are discrediting greyhound blood should try running dogs for a season without any in, they’d soon be back peddling I imagine

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

There’s deer and there’s deer, big difference from a dainty little roe or CWD & a big fallow buck or red. I’m sure if someone had taken the larger species with a pure saluki it would’ve been well documented

So now your taking 3/4 of our deer species out of the equation? 

Cheers, D.