Is m parishs lucky the best of all time.

8 minutes ago, Gene said:

Big slip for the Sandman here.

Dog can only run what gets up but couldn’t judge him off that run, was a poor hare could see that from the first turn.
I’d have rather run them roe deer but that’s just me ?

• Like 2

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol.....lets be honest gene...your life partner  is wearing the trousers...  and there's no way he's letting you get a dog

Yeah, I feel the same fellah,...I don't really care whether a pup of mine goes to a working or a pet home, just as long as it is well cared for...?  I always try to gift pups to genuinely nice gu

If you’re dealing with decent fellas & you’re a decent sort yourself you’ll get a pup for free, it’s the ones charging a grand id be wary of

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Gene said:

Hard to judge on video mate tbh.

Not really mate even on a video anyone that’s spent a bit of time chasing hares can see a good un from a bad un. I’ve seen a few videos of that sandman people say it catches a lot of hares but doesn’t look anything flash to me. Again just my opinion I’ve not seen it run in the flesh so I might be way off & I’ll stand corrected

Just now, Gene said:

On video it's hard to judge the going, you can only go off what you've seen and been told.

If the lad is a well known dog lad and folk have vouched for it then you got to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Hare coursings not my game really mate I’ve done my share and seen plenty of the coursing breds run but I’m no expert.  I’ve been involved in working dogs a long time though. ”believe none of what you hear & only half of what you see” stick to that and you won’t go far wrong that’s all I’ll say

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Gene said:

Fair play to them though mate, they're getting out and doing what the dogs are bred for.

And filming themselves breaking the law?...making it hotter than a jacket potato for the rest of us ?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

There will of been plenty of pures like sandman his father sonny and Mars, snickers Nero ect faster than coursing bred dogs, there has been plenty of slow coursing bred dogs over the years, funny thing is a lot of coursing bred dog will actually have more stamina than some of the pures around today, just because a dog is a pure saluki doesn’t mean they all got bags of wind 

Absolutely correct I was happy with my pure saluki but my coursing bred bitch I had at the same time had a fair bit more in the tank.

4 minutes ago, Gene said:

It's already way past that though mate. ?

Yeah it’s because of people like that though driving land and filming everything to show off, it’s rife with them down this way, anyone with an ounce of sense would be condemning them not praising them like heroes

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Samrog said:

do any coursing folk train the dogs to retrieve or is that just not ever happening? Serious question.

Early season easy runs most will retrieve but after a good run it is hard work for a dog gets hard work for us depending how many fields from the motor you are ? 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Early season easy runs most will retrieve but after a good run it is hard work for a dog gets hard work for us depending how many fields from the motor you are ? 

Suppose they think I’ve worked fkin hard for this I’m not just trotting back with it ?

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Gene said:

Probably because of the hybrid vigour, especially when a lot of lads are name mad, I bet seeing "that' name pop up in a pedigree numerous times is alluring, breeding them that tight makes them lose something.

would you not say the more times a name pops up in the pedigree the more chance of another popping up ?

17 minutes ago, Gene said:

Yeah mate but if you get too tight they start breaking apart.

Some people swear by line breeding I’ve never tried it myself but I can vouch for that I’ve seen it first hand on more than one occasion, dogs that were too tightly bred getting injured repeatedly

5 minutes ago, Gene said:

It's the same with terriers mate when you start breeding proper tight, not sure that the coursing lads do the same but the structure deteriorates and thus ability, that's why folk have to outcross.

I had a dog a few years back now he was fairly tightly bred, all the usual names in there, would’ve said he was as well bred as you could get, what a useless object it was, couldn’t get it anywhere near fit every time it ran it came back lame, didn’t know which leg to limp on half the time. First and only time I tried that particular line of dogs I won’t mention any names at the risk of offending anyone but definitely not for me

1 hour ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

There will of been plenty of pures like sandman his father sonny and Mars, snickers Nero ect faster than coursing bred dogs, there has been plenty of slow coursing bred dogs over the years, funny thing is a lot of coursing bred dog will actually have more stamina than some of the pures around today, just because a dog is a pure saluki doesn’t mean they all got bags of wind 

When you say ( the list of salukis) faster than a coursing bred. What do you mean by coursing bred ? Mean saluki lurchers.?