Using lurchers for other jobs?

I dont understand why some people hero worship these idiots. The idea that anything is acceptable if you are "testing a dog" is bullshit in my eyes. Obviously you would do what you have to to get away if things went wrong but if its come to that then you've already f****d it up. Going out looking for that situation is nothing to be proud of.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Levigsp,.. yes, I like to use a lurcher for as many different tasks, as I can,...possibly I am just a bit mean, and want my money's worth?    

Yes but only on command. She'll sit under a high seat and watch deer for hours but if we are tracking a wounded one and it gets up in front of us I can ask her to pull it. The indicating is the best b

?Never thought I would say it,. or even think in such a way,...but nowadays, I don't really care, if a dog is good at the job or not. Financially, my status has changed a bit,...not drastically,

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Tyla said:

I dont understand why some people hero worship these idiots. The idea that anything is acceptable if you are "testing a dog" is bullshit in my eyes. Obviously you would do what you have to to get away if things went wrong but if its come to that then you've already f****d it up. Going out looking for that situation is nothing to be proud of.

Tread carefully there ……or I’ll post an article from MY local news that may ruin one or two of your heroes ……???

5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Tread carefully there ……or I’ll post an article from MY local news that may ruin one or two of your heroes ……???

Crack on mate, I dont have many heroes and happy to thin them out

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Who are you the lurcher police ? 
???

can you not get it into your head that the only reason things like that happen is because it is banned ?? 

that’s how things have to be 

I am a life long fieldsports person who has rum more rabbits hares etc than most of you will ever see!                                                                                                                            You are deluding yourself and trying to con everyone else.                                                You and other Burks started this nonsense well before the ban, because you thought it was macho. Its not macho its idiotic and has cost many true lurcher men their enjoyment etc.                                                                                                                                       There are no excuses, for doing it. end of

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The reason we got no sport and a ban is quite simples...I'm alright Jack,and f**k the rest,let's throw them under a bus mentality , jealous because someone does abit more than you,doesn't matter what your into,shooting,digging,fishing,lurcher work because that's how most of you think ? ... .last 2 pages of this thread prove that....

You keep telling yourselves your right...and arguing for a few likes ....while they take what's left from under our noses..enjoy your Sunday lads?DSC_0230.JPG.809b8632899d0c2f33690d4509f43ddf.JPG

• Like 6
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I don’t think any of you understand the land driving concept at all . 

as for new moons comment at filming lol , there were loads of lurcher videos pre ban , field fare challenge etc so whats the difference ?

absolute different generation from you all , all this “leave the land untouched “ bollocks is garbage . What’s lads meant to do when the gallelio helicopter is up or the the teams are waiting at the gate ? 

its bollocks . Complete bollocks . “Fair one mate , here’s my dogs , my car and driving license, I’ll await your letter “ or is it “ go go go “ 

Not really looking to get into an argument with you, partly because I agree with some of the things you say and partly because it’s too nice a day! 

There are two things which you say which are correct about driving the land - firstly if done well, and in lots of areas, it puts more game on front of the dog / dogs than walking will. This isn’t always true of all areas, some are more practical to walk and some you just don’t need to drive as there’s enough game. 

Secondly - the ban deffo had an effect, as you say, when you’re going to lose your dogs, your liberty, get a battering etc and the choice is being stood out in the middle of a huge arable plain, or being there in a motor which allows you to escape ...... it makes sense to be in a motor. Again I would say it depends on the area - lots of places as soon as they see a motor it’s crawling with folk, whereas you get pretty much ignored on foot.

However, you, and others, often seem to speak of the lads driving the land as if they are all super duper dog men, heros of the sport, testing their charges to the max and giving no fucks for the law that wants to stop them. 

Now I can’t speak for everywhere, but around here, for every one lad like that, there are 20 absolute cretins. The type who aren’t interesting really in running dogs, they are just out for a jolly, running crap dogs, causing maximum damage and mayhem, killing more gear with the motor than the dog, stealing stuff and dumping dogs. Most of the genuine dog lads round here (including those that drive the land) hate them. They are a fecking menace and once they’ve done their five mins in the sport, f****d it for everyone else and dumped their useless / injured / unwanted dog in the pub carpark, they are off to do the next thing. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I don’t think any of you understand the land driving concept at all . 

as for new moons comment at filming lol , there were loads of lurcher videos pre ban , field fare challenge etc so whats the difference ?

absolute different generation from you all , all this “leave the land untouched “ bollocks is garbage . What’s lads meant to do when the gallelio helicopter is up or the the teams are waiting at the gate ? 

its bollocks . Complete bollocks . “Fair one mate , here’s my dogs , my car and driving license, I’ll await your letter “ or is it “ go go go “ 

There was videos of coursing going 30, 40 years, never did I see 1  of lads driving across land to a farmer in his tractor to give him shit, never did you see vids of lads dumping dogs and laughing about it, vids of idiots giving grief to the public, high speed chases, through villages, chavs off there heads on coke, they have forced the hand of the law to get to the point where we are now. ??

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

The dunt give 2 feck about hares fox's or ote else the proved that wi allowing hares rabbits fox's and the vermin munty 2 be shot any time o the year and as many as u like ,its about votes and jumping ont band wagon most on um know feck all about it and never seen the animals there legislating 2 protect ,this dodgy videos ain't helping tho for certain 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

Not really looking to get into an argument with you, partly because I agree with some of the things you say and partly because it’s too nice a day! 

There are two things which you say which are correct about driving the land - firstly if done well, and in lots of areas, it puts more game on front of the dog / dogs than walking will. This isn’t always true of all areas, some are more practical to walk and some you just don’t need to drive as there’s enough game. 

Secondly - the ban deffo had an effect, as you say, when you’re going to lose your dogs, your liberty, get a battering etc and the choice is being stood out in the middle of a huge arable plain, or being there in a motor which allows you to escape ...... it makes sense to be in a motor. Again I would say it depends on the area - lots of places as soon as they see a motor it’s crawling with folk, whereas you get pretty much ignored on foot.

However, you, and others, often seem to speak of the lads driving the land as if they are all super duper dog men, heros of the sport, testing their charges to the max and giving no fucks for the law that wants to stop them. 

Now I can’t speak for everywhere, but around here, for every one lad like that, there are 20 absolute cretins. The type who aren’t interesting really in running dogs, they are just out for a jolly, running crap dogs, causing maximum damage and mayhem, killing more gear with the motor than the dog, stealing stuff and dumping dogs. Most of the genuine dog lads round here (including those that drive the land) hate them. They are a fecking menace and once they’ve done their five mins in the sport, f****d it for everyone else and dumped their useless / injured / unwanted dog in the pub carpark, they are off to do the next thing. 

flappy arses sheep most a scared to get caught out in the middle a nowhere and your easy to spot ? lads laughing when i say all day walking coursing to run 2 dogs out winter 20 mile at times i never drive land i do slipped off tracks and roads at times and gl says i’m killing barmy ? i do like me dog to kill everytime out but you put the effort in going you expect that its what it’s all about 

i enjoy the walking etc driving land running 3 and off isn’t a day out for me you don’t need to drive to run dogs out i don’t think especially now a days with thermal stick to hedges tracks footpaths until you need a run 

• Like 1

Let me just add that the real test is coming, that is not a dog behind a hare it’s who’s still got his mutts and is looking after them as they should be looked after, that won’t be the tracksuit clad Subaru driver, he will dump them and move on, shame on them.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, New moon said:

Let me just add that the real test is coming, that is not a dog behind a hare it’s who’s still got his mutts and is looking after them as they should be looked after, that won’t be the tracksuit clad Subaru driver, he will dump them and move on, shame on them.

Its the same with digging dogs as well, fcukwits not backfilling, leaving dead game with their guts hanging out at the earth's, breaking fences and threatening landowners, we've cleaned up enough times after these fcukwits have been on the land and been blamed for doing it more than once and lost good permission because of it. Not one of those types last more than a couple of seasons until they've moved onto the next thing they can fcuk up for other people. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1