Using lurchers for other jobs?

4 minutes ago, New moon said:

I’ve had coursing dogs over 30 years, probably longer than you’ve been alive and I’ve walked with the best. Nobody had to doughnut the land to test dogs or abuse farmer and public alike, dogs left on the land with broken legs, if you think that’s all in the name of testing dogs your completely deluded.

I don’t give a f**k mate , can you not see that that is how things had to be ? 

that’s not what brought the ban in and you know that . 

it’s far far to be easy to fire the blame onto others actions . 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Levigsp,.. yes, I like to use a lurcher for as many different tasks, as I can,...possibly I am just a bit mean, and want my money's worth?    

Yes but only on command. She'll sit under a high seat and watch deer for hours but if we are tracking a wounded one and it gets up in front of us I can ask her to pull it. The indicating is the best b

?Never thought I would say it,. or even think in such a way,...but nowadays, I don't really care, if a dog is good at the job or not. Financially, my status has changed a bit,...not drastically,

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I don’t give a f**k mate , can you not see that that is how things had to be ? 

that’s not what brought the ban in and you know that . 

it’s far far to be easy to fire the blame onto others actions . 

I think the writing was always on the wall, that doesn’t excuse the behaviour of many in recent times, filming everything they did, including leaving dogs on the land.it is what it is now but don’t tell me you have to perform like that to test dogs, 

20 minutes ago, New moon said:

Just like to add angling is thriving, long may that be the case.

They have banned things that don't make them any money ,shooting is big business so is fishing the hunts are self supported and lurchers mek feck all for them 

It's time

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Black neck said:

They have banned things that don't make them any money ,shooting is big business so is fishing the hunts are self supported and lurchers mek feck all for them 

It's time

That's a good point Blacky, catching stuff with dogs is not going to make them money and is a form of freedom. Got to keep society paying and under control.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

oh Bore off 

1 no dogs are tested more than those on the fen , the strong survive , literally . 

2 coursing had to be that way as that’s what it was reduced to 

good . They stood by and watched us die on the vine as we marched . They can go f**k themselves 

You really do talk crap don't you. Firstly the fens tests dog ok, but not when the hare is chased down by a 4x4 and numptie can do that, and any cur will catch a run down hare or deer.

Secondly when the march was on just how many of the marchers were lurcher men, not that many as a % I know the were coaches full of anglers went to support even from the north of Scotland, most lurcher men and travellers never bothered as they said" why should the RICH fox hunters get our support. "   I heard it every day!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, levigsp said:

You really do talk crap don't you. Firstly the fens tests dog ok, but not when the hare is chased down by a 4x4 and numptie can do that, and any cur will catch a run down hare or deer.

Secondly when the march was on just how many of the marchers were lurcher men, not that many as a % I know the were coaches full of anglers went to support even from the north of Scotland, most lurcher men and travellers never bothered as they said" why should the RICH fox hunters get our support. "   I heard it every day!

Ya gorra point there owd lad 

53 minutes ago, levigsp said:

I went on coaches full of terrier men , lurcher lads and Fowler’s . 

we passed banks full of fishermen in route to Edinburgh, Newcastle and London . 

their apathy was their down fall 

I don’t think any of you understand the land driving concept at all . 

as for new moons comment at filming lol , there were loads of lurcher videos pre ban , field fare challenge etc so whats the difference ?

absolute different generation from you all , all this “leave the land untouched “ bollocks is garbage . What’s lads meant to do when the gallelio helicopter is up or the the teams are waiting at the gate ? 

its bollocks . Complete bollocks . “Fair one mate , here’s my dogs , my car and driving license, I’ll await your letter “ or is it “ go go go “ 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I travelled from Caithness to Edinburgh with three coaches of folk, the only lurcher people were keepers. I met up with game keepers and river keepers from Hampshire.   I went to London with a load of people from Hampshire hunts men and general public.and met up with the Caithness lads!  Im not saying there were no lurcher men, but there were so few of them I was ashamed. 

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

A lot of us lurcher lads from the north east went down, many more would have but simply couldn't afford the train fare !

The protest on Newcastle Quayside when Blair was at theSage was mostly lurcher and Terrier men, and was very well attended.

The police wouldn't let us cross the Millenium bridge so we could make our protest more forcefully known to Blair.

All to no avail, sadly.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I don’t think any of you understand the land driving concept at all . 

as for new moons comment at filming lol , there were loads of lurcher videos pre ban , field fare challenge etc so whats the difference ?

absolute different generation from you all , all this “leave the land untouched “ bollocks is garbage . What’s lads meant to do when the gallelio helicopter is up or the the teams are waiting at the gate ? 

its bollocks . Complete bollocks . “Fair one mate , here’s my dogs , my car and driving license, I’ll await your letter “ or is it “ go go go “ 

I have a friend who lives in Hampshire, he was daft enough to get caught by a helicopter years ago. Since then he has not been caught and he has caught a lot of hares and deer and like me he can proudly boast no cars were used and no damage to the farm.            I've seen the lads in Lincs chasing in trucks, I was there when was was killed in his truck! Sorry those lads behaved like scum and new nothing about field craft, running dogs etc. And I am not in the slightest surprised its been tightened up on, if thats what its come to, you dont deserve to run your dogs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, levigsp said:

I have a friend who lives in Hampshire, he was daft enough to get caught by a helicopter years ago. Since then he has not been caught and he has caught a lot of hares and deer and like me he can proudly boast no cars were used and no damage to the farm.            I've seen the lads in Lincs chasing in trucks, I was there when was was killed in his truck! Sorry those lads behaved like scum and new nothing about field craft, running dogs etc. And I am not in the slightest surprised its been tightened up on, if thats what its come to, you dont deserve to run your dogs.

Who are you the lurcher police ? 
???

can you not get it into your head that the only reason things like that happen is because it is banned ?? 

that’s how things have to be 

• Haha 1