out of interest, foreign land hunting.

25 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Always hunted rabbits then when a bit older hunted pigs and other stuff. To me hunting rabbits with little running dogs or rats with terriers can't be beaten and though I see the appeal, excitement of hunting exotic or big game I don't get as much out of it as going local for a mooch and taking a couple of daytime rabbits with the dogs then sitting around a fire at night with them thinking about the day out.

To me it's the simpler things in life that appeal more ?

• Like 2

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye, I would agree with you fellah?  

The master at work.

Ever do much by Milton Keynes tho

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Penda said:

I once had a jar full of stickle back out the river coal it was the summer holidays my Reebok classics were soaked to the hilt managed to bag me and my mate  a good 20 or 30 and leach the size of my finger I look back at that day and think we are truly standing on the shoulders of giants 

The master at work.

IMG_20210415_151342.jpg.803f0a93490975b5d21339b8e845882e.jpg

• Like 12
On 21/03/2022 at 03:35, Aussie Whip said:

Always hunted rabbits then when a bit older hunted pigs and other stuff. To me hunting rabbits with little running dogs or rats with terriers can't be beaten and though I see the appeal, excitement of hunting exotic or big game I don't get as much out of it as going local for a mooch and taking a couple of daytime rabbits with the dogs then sitting around a fire at night with them thinking about the day out.

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

I've taken a fair bit of gear over the years,.. and although the thought of killing much more, holds little appeal,.. I am still mad for a mouch out, with a couple of good tykes, and a running dog.

Obviously, I only fancy the rabbiting job with a lurcher, that fully understands the bushing game, and gets himself in the right place, at the right time.. I have seen lads waiting for the bolt with their jukels straining on the leash,. hoping for a run on a Shushi..

That is not to my taste,....in fact, its fecking silly...?

Personally, I like the lurcher off a lead , unrestricted, and to be moving, free as a bird, and already out of the starting blocks, so to speak?

Yeah, bushing rabbits with the terriers is fabulous craic and truly, 'the Sport of Kings'..

BUT,.. for me, the icing on the cake, was waiting on nice and quiet, on the edge of a piece of woodland,  listening for that special yelp, that primitive cry that warns us to be ready,...so,.. 'dick eye, my chavvie'...keep your eye's peeled , coz,...the Roe deer is coming....?

DSC_2600.JPG

Truly the sport of kings I a mear peasant can only but dream of such activities as I would be flogged at the yard arm for such things in front the local council for there own pleasures 

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

I've taken a fair bit of gear over the years,.. and although the thought of killing much more, holds little appeal,.. I am still mad for a mouch out, with a couple of good tykes, and a running dog.

Obviously, I only fancy the rabbiting job with a lurcher, that fully understands the bushing game, and gets himself in the right place, at the right time.. I have seen lads waiting for the bolt with their jukels straining on the leash,. hoping for a run on a Shushi..

That is not to my taste,....in fact, its fecking silly...?

Personally, I like the lurcher off a lead , unrestricted, and to be moving, free as a bird, and already out of the starting blocks, so to speak?

Yeah, bushing rabbits with the terriers is fabulous craic and truly, 'the Sport of Kings'..

BUT,.. for me, the icing on the cake, was waiting on nice and quiet, on the edge of a piece of woodland,  listening for that special yelp, that primitive cry that warns us to be ready,...so,.. 'dick eye, my chavvie'...keep your eye's peeled , coz,...the Roe deer is coming....?

DSC_2600.JPG

I prefer to Bellow when he's taken ?

Would never really appeal to me travelling to some tribe for a hunt or going to the outback that being said ive  travelled from Ireland to England Wales done a lot of digging and done a bit of lamping made some good friends and  getting to see the different land and other bits and bats and i really enjoy it always plenty of digging to be had to plenty of animals about i love digging terriers thats why i go but the thing always sticks with me was lamping the boar in the fod was good experience and something I probably won't do again so in a nutshell i dont think you could beat Ireland or the UK or travel anywere that'll have the same quality of  terriers or single handed running dog than whats on offer

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, gunter said:

Would never really appeal to me travelling to some tribe for a hunt or going to the outback that being said ive  travelled from Ireland to England Wales done a lot of digging and done a bit of lamping made some good friends and  getting to see the different land and other bits and bats and i really enjoy it always plenty of digging to be had to plenty of animals about i love digging terriers thats why i go but the thing always sticks with me was lamping the boar in the fod was good experience and something I probably won't do again so in a nutshell i dont think you could beat Ireland or the UK or travel anywere that'll have the same quality of  terriers or single handed running dog than whats on offer

I think you would be very surprised if you went to see.

• Like 1

To see what i see plenty and the majority of Americans and other country's work terriers from what videos ive seen on the net there poor quality bayers that dont seem to hold the stuff so they've to drop holes everywhere to animals that dont look like they'd be up for much of a challenge seen some of them staghounds taking cayotes always a squad of them and all arse  grabbers wouldnt be for me

Edited by gunter
Me
  • Like 1