out of interest, foreign land hunting.

7 hours ago, gunter said:

i dont think you could beat Ireland or the UK or travel anywere that'll have the same quality of  terriers or single handed running dog than whats on offer

You do by far have the best terriers and quality running dogs. We do have the Oz staghound which due to being bred almost exclusively for hunting the bush here and naturally culled for a couple of hundred years is a very capable dog on all game and needs next to no training for this. This breed is getting hard to find in it's pure form here now with pig hunters putting other breeds in. It's a shame because this dog has been feeding us here since the first white settlement. I've seen people try to recreate the breed with deerhound/greys and are good dogs but they don't have the inherited bush sense of the stag.

• Like 1

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye, I would agree with you fellah?  

The master at work.

Ever do much by Milton Keynes tho

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

Whippets were for miners ect to have a bit fun with killing rats ect i remember seeing 1 or two that could kill hares daytime but they prob had grey in them i did watch them course at the borders some them killed quick great blood if yr looking for a small pest control dog around farms ect put them to any terrier blood it usually works my mate had a nice one also a whippetxgrey id say it stole most its hares it used to watch the other dogs do the work then strick them terrible coats much like the saluki to take them into the heather or hills they lose to much condition thats why the lurcher is top dog i cant see it being really cold on the fens all cracking dogs if there looked after atb  its usually the right ugly b*****ds like myself that are half decent ??

The whippets do lose condition quick. One stage I was working them 4 days a week and was too much. I think two or three days a week hunting is plenty for the little runners.

17 hours ago, Black neck said:

Oh u haven't lived man ,I went blow piping wi the pygmies of the Congo basin

Old fashioned, get modern, Cold Steel HQ in Prague, they also sell them in The Old Man's Knife Store in Amsterdam, Tim Wells the schlock master has taken deer and bear with his,they are a Dayaks wet dream. 

IMG_20220322_083453.jpg

IMG_20220322_083524.jpg

IMG_20220322_083512.jpg

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, mackem said:

Old fashioned, get modern, Cold Steel HQ in Prague, they also sell them in The Old Man's Knife Store in Amsterdam, Tim Wells the schlock master has taken deer and bear with his,they are a Dayaks wet dream. 

IMG_20220322_083453.jpg

IMG_20220322_083524.jpg

IMG_20220322_083512.jpg

Oh well we just used a bit of hollow stick wi a wooden dart in what a red frog had shat on 

• Haha 2
28 minutes ago, mackem said:

IMG_20220322_083453.jpg

IMG_20220322_083524.jpg

IMG_20220322_083512.jpg

i follow tim wells on social, he does some awesome stuff

6 hours ago, mackem said:

IMG_20220322_083453.jpg

IMG_20220322_083524.jpg

IMG_20220322_083512.jpg

Know a lad used too kill trout and grayling with his blow gun?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Know a lad used too kill trout and grayling with his blow gun?

Dan, you can get them now with fishing reels fitted to reel your catch in and fishing darts ?

• Like 1