out of interest, foreign land hunting.

32 minutes ago, levigsp said:

So Phil its each to their own, life choices and opportunities. Rather strangely nearly every door into hunting around the globe has been opened by a woman, often wealthy and keen of hunting company. Nice photo, something I have few of. the dog has merle collie in its ancestry, 3/4 cross or more?

Christ Where do you find wummin like this?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye, I would agree with you fellah?  

The master at work.

Ever do much by Milton Keynes tho

Posted Images

On 20/03/2022 at 16:57, levigsp said:

So Phil its each to their own, life choices and opportunities. Rather strangely nearly every door into hunting around the globe has been opened by a woman, often wealthy and keen of hunting company. Nice photo, something I have few of. the dog has merle collie in its ancestry, 3/4 cross or more?

Hi,.. yes you are 100% correct,.. life is what you make of it, and my own speedy decent into old age, has brought this fact into perspective,. big time?  As has been said on this unique hunting man's  forum, several time, "We are all different".

Merles,.. well, my Father was a Shepherd , as was my Grandfather, and I was brought up amongst sheepdogs and cattle curs,...and very many of our working dogs were of a Merle coloured hue.

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 8
18 minutes ago, levigsp said:

you dont, your dogs find them like magnets!!

Few yrs back I had a little dog was a babe magnet wasn’t age selective tho if you like wrinkles lol  but agree some of the finest land in the east has been opened up for me n dogs through the female angle pre ban 

Edited by green lurchers
4 minutes ago, levigsp said:

So in the past couple of days on this forum I have yarned about various things, other countries, different breeds of dog and people, slavery, woman etc etc. 

So it got me thinking and i thought I would post this rare photo!

ideal.jpg

Nice spring of rib on the black bitch.  ?

• Haha 7
9 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Hi,.. yes you are 100% correct,.. life is what you make of it, and my own speedy decent into old age, has brought this fact into perspective,. big time?  As has been said on this unique hunting man's  forum, several time, "We are all different".

So, without sounding anti-hunting or anything,..my thirst for killing has been slated,...so much so that although I love the fabulous lurcher dog in all its many diverse shapes, sizes and miscellaneous guises, I no longer NEED to kill game in quantity. I am retired from the Pest Control business and although in no way wealthy, I am, financially secure.?

For me, sport was never a major factor in my long life with running dogs,...it has always been about, the gold doubloons..

As I say, we are ALL different...

Merles,.. well, my Father was a Shepherd , as was my Grandfather, and I was brought up amongst sheepdogs and cattle curs,...and very many of our working dogs were of a Merle coloured hue.

In saying this, the 'Black Country Sting' of the 1980's/1990's , held no mystique for me,.. I knew what a Merle was?

Nowadays , I do as I have mostly always done,.. I choose to breed my own style of rabbiting/hedgerow cur.

I am of the opinion, that one should keep the style of canine that is the most useful for the area and type of quarry that you are hunting at the time.. To keep, breed or kennel, a super, power -house jukel solely  to ambush a mere rabbit, is not only wasteful, but it is invariably an egotistical self -indulgent mistake, of epic proportions.

I only hunt woodland/hedgerow conies, nothing more. ?

However, although my own, day in the Sun is fast cooling, I must admit to a weakness for enjoying the tales and experiences of my fellow hunters,..so lads,..do please indulge me, and keep on, keeping on...?

289.JPG

For me lurchers were in my blood and a way to make a living. Then shortly before the ban something happened that turned me, not from killing but from seeing dogs run! it made me physically sick and it took till a couple of years back before i could watch again.  I was carriage  driving in the forest when I saw a dog weaving a rabbit I stopped, watched it carry the rabbit back to a young lad and smiled. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
28 minutes ago, levigsp said:

For me lurchers were in my blood and a way to make a living. Then shortly before the ban something happened that turned me, not from killing but from seeing dogs run! it made me physically sick and it took till a couple of years back before i could watch again.  I was carriage  driving in the forest when I saw a dog weaving a rabbit I stopped, watched it carry the rabbit back to a young lad and smiled. 

Wat you fished for on fly