• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aye, I would agree with you fellah?  

The master at work.

Ever do much by Milton Keynes tho

Posted Images

Well, folk say that 'Travel broadens the Mind'...and I've had plenty of opportunity to hunt/shoot with close pals, who have pursued Boar, and various deer species, all over Europe, but, I'm not a shooting enthusiast , so it has never appealed to me. Same with the walked up Grouse, Goose flighting and Woodcock shooting..

My pals all reckon it has been great craic and they always return from their trips away, invigorated and full of stories.

I've probably missed out on a lot of great sport..?

Even when in the Sahara, and amidst the High Atlas or the lovely wild places of Anatolia, I have never fancied killing local  critters,.. nothing against those that enjoy it,.. I just prefer to study the locals, doing their own thing, and leading out their daily lives.

Now this,.. I really do find fascinating..?

Visited several countries, mostly for trade and buying, but, sad as it may seem,.. even after several decades of daily (and frequently, nightly) Coney catching, I still enjoy the trapping, snaring, netting and ferreting, of the humble rabbit...

Anything else is of no interest to me...mind you,...I think few Lurcherman can ever resist an invitation, to see a top quality running dog,...doing what it does best, either on large quarry or up behind a speedy hare..?

The Hunting Life is a grand old life,.. but for me, there really is so much more to living, than simply killing,...?

All the best,...OldPhil..?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 7
59 minutes ago, levigsp said:

I don't work terriers or go out with them in states but Europe is a different matter, fox terriers, jagd terriers, fell terriers, russels all used to great effect of coypu, fox, raccoon, raccoon dog, etc and they bay, bold and are dug too. 

Then there is Teckel work to badgers, they work great, bay like thunder and its all legal. 

Next comes coursing, Ukraine, Slovakia cannot be beaten for quarry to course, and the dogs are  second to none. But each to their own.

Do u know mathew also know as whin another that has travelled the world  ?

9 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

What a representative of UK hunting for the Yankee coursers..?

I bet poor Old Dutch Salmon didn't know what had fecking hit him?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Haha 3
35 minutes ago, nothernlite said:

I always wanted to go salmo fishing with whin ? did anyone on here ever actually meet him or was he a spoof character? 

• Haha 1
On 21/03/2022 at 18:16, mackem said:

I always wanted to go salmo fishing with whin ? did anyone on here ever actually meet him or was he a spoof character? 

I have met the Mighty Whin.

I liked him , we go back a long time,.. but ...?.

Edited by OldPhil
10 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

I have met the Mighty Whin.

I liked him , we go back a long time,.. but he moored his boat in the wrong harbour,  that was unforgivable..?

I always thought I would get on with him, but mooring his boat in the wrong area sounds like a euphemism for going somewhere I wouldn't tread ?

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, mackem said:

I've met him, and I have absolutely no hesitation in describing him as a shithouse.

One of his notable porkies was telling people he had lived and hunted with the red indians............turned out he once had a game of pool with a yank who had a Native American relative.

Cheers.

• Haha 6
Just now, nothernlite said:

His claim to fame in the cmw1788088928_Screenshot_20220321-183541_SamsungInternet.jpg.5d6fe8a427fed10bec0b83914b9a4835.jpg

3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I've met him, and I have absolutely no hesitation in describing him as a shithouse.

One of his notable porkies was telling people he had lived and hunted with the red indians............turned out he once had a game of pool with a yank who had a Native American relative.

Cheers.

???