The big lad's getting dog aggressive, anyone got any tips?

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

So what you’re saying is that unless it’s a total liability around all life forms, then it isn’t a game bred Pitt bull. If for example a Pitt bull did not kill the chickens in the yard then it isn’t game bred and will be no good for it’s intended job. Interesting. 

Does that go the same for bull x Lurchers to, that it isn’t a proper animal  unless it wants to nail everything it sees ? 

they will kill any animal about mate just in em there a massive liability if you thought it would be like a normal dog 

no because most bull lurchers are pet bull crosses you want abit a stamina stronger mouth more strength

your trying to improve the greyhound who has more than enough preydrive on its own 

that’s my thoughts mate ?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting the idea of gameness and aggression, greyhounds are game, they will drive their bodies to destruction to get contact with their quarry, well past the point most dogs would throw the towel

If the dog is that way inclined no amount of hidings will stop it. Either learn to live with it or don't. 

Let’s all just take a moment to show appreciation that Greb has had no input in this thread or it could be 1000x more cringe haha 

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

So every game bred Pitt, cannot be ever let near any other canine, because it automatically just takes hold and tries to kill it, regardless of how that dog is acting, what type it is or anything else ? 

Yes. If it's a game bred dog, bred right, then yes that's what you would expect. 

5 minutes ago, gamerooster said:

Lol of they where any good they'd be still be kept by the dog men. 1 or 2 being kept but anyone serious in the game keeps bulldogs.

They were dogs in UK would o med apbt shit down there pants and declare thed had an abundance, if could of bin brought together at the same weight 

FACT

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Black neck said:

They were dogs in UK would o med apbt shit down there pants and declare thed had an abundance, if could of bin brought together at the same weight 

FACT

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. I like staffs, I thinks its a shame they aren't still the main breed kept, same as old English game.

But let's be honest, you've got a case of nostalgia. The apbt is the main breed used world wide for a reason.

If staffs where better why did the apbt take over?

22 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

they will kill any animal about mate just in em there a massive liability if you thought it would be like a normal dog 

no because most bull lurchers are pet bull crosses you want abit a stamina stronger mouth more strength

your trying to improve the greyhound who has more than enough preydrive on its own 

that’s my thoughts mate ?

So if it’s a bull x bred out of proper game bred Pitt’s at the start of the line it will be a liability ? And if it’s not a liability then it’s a Lurcher bred out of Pet bulls ? 

1 minute ago, gamerooster said:

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. I like staffs, I thinks its a shame they aren't still the main breed kept, same as old English game.

But let's be honest, you've got a case of nostalgia. The apbt is the main breed used world wide for a reason.

If staffs where better why did the apbt take over?

There going the same way as Staffords ,

2 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

So if it’s a bull x bred out of proper game bred Pitt’s at the start of the line it will be a liability ? And if it’s not a liability then it’s a Lurcher bred out of Pet bulls ? 

Ahh, the old chicken and egg scenario. :whistling:

16 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

i’ve seen a few half crosses bred from game dogs that were liability’s mate have to lamp single and not be in miles of any livestock 

but when lads were breeding bull x greys they most likely kept the ones mitre grey temperament not dog etc aggressive no lurcherman wants a liability 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1