The big lad's getting dog aggressive, anyone got any tips?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting the idea of gameness and aggression, greyhounds are game, they will drive their bodies to destruction to get contact with their quarry, well past the point most dogs would throw the towel

If the dog is that way inclined no amount of hidings will stop it. Either learn to live with it or don't. 

Let’s all just take a moment to show appreciation that Greb has had no input in this thread or it could be 1000x more cringe haha 

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i’ve seen had some great fun with them myself ron but i think there just like a greyhound but a bit stronger and stronger mouth some even take off like them 

your not trying for a bigger bull terrier your trying for a greyhound abit stronger with a bit more stamina 

or i could be talking shite again ? ?

You answered yourself , talking shit ?

445DC724-69D4-4223-B793-7BF2DD6653AA.jpeg

Edited by Big Ron
  • Haha 6

I’ve not much experience with real, in the blood psycho, dog aggression apart from one dog. The ex’s miniature bull. That thing was fuucking mental. All measures were taken and that old girl lived to 17 if I’m not mistaken.

If it’s in there, it’s there and neigh impossible to change. Just take precautions ;)

Had many bull xs over the past years when I have had them never had any problems what so ever towards other dogs, humans etc. Other then one dog I had called Zack he was a straight half x collie grey(Hancock) the thing was a c**t towards dogs had to pts in end as just couldn’t trust him around family and exs children. Was a superb worker day and night just couldn’t take the risk either with a heavy vet bill or grabbing a child. He’s long gone but ye that’s my only 1 experience with a aggressive mutt. Atb Jamie  

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

so would you say the greyhound has enough all it needs from a bull is a bit a size stronger mouth and abit a stamina 

horses for courses I suppose

Anything will add a bit of stamina if added to a greyhound  just by slowing the greyhound down lol.

Stronger mouth? a 28 inch greyhound has the physicality to do most stuff.

Problem with greyhounds is they are racing dogs not working and have been for many years, and as such are just to fast for their own good in the field.

Just as I wouldn't take a lurcher, bull blooded or otherwise, to a greyhound stadium I wouldn't take a greyhound lamping, both could do what was asked but they would be outclassed out of their own areas.

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, sandymere said:

horses for courses I suppose

Anything will add a bit of stamina if added to a greyhound  just by slowing the greyhound down lol.

Stronger mouth? a 28 inch greyhound has the physicality to do most stuff.

Problem with greyhounds is they are racing dogs not working and have been for many years, and as such are just to fast for their own good in the field.

Just as I wouldn't take a lurcher, bull blooded or otherwise, to a greyhound stadium I wouldn't take a greyhound lamping, both could do what was asked but they would be outclassed out of their own areas.

i agree a big grey can do most but it hasn’t the bite of a bull x 

most bull x i seen run just like a greyhound and there bound to been half or more grey 

5 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

So you’re telling me that any game bred dog just wants to muller any other canine it comes across? 

Your making yourself sound silly mate, you obviously aren't clued up with what a game bred dog is bred for.

Yes...a pure gamebred dog will be inclined to fight it out till the end with anything. If it's not interested in taking it to other dogs then it's from poor stock or badly bred. I'm not saying that's a bad thing when talking lurchers and bullxs, but for a game bred dog bred for the purpose it's meant to, then yes that's it's purpose in life.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Your making yourself sound silly mate, you obviously aren't clued up with what a game bred dog is bred for.

Yes...a pure gamebred dog will be inclined to fight it out till the end with anything. If it's not interested in taking it to other dogs then it's from poor stock or badly bred. I'm not saying that's a bad thing when talking lurchers and bullxs, but for a game bred dog bred for the purpose it's meant to, then yes that's it's purpose in life.

Mate, I’m not a f*cking retard, I know what game bred Pitt bulls are used for.

So every game bred Pitt, cannot be ever let near any other canine, because it automatically just takes hold and tries to kill it, regardless of how that dog is acting, what type it is or anything else ? 

I don’t overly want to get into an argument about how psychotic game bred putts may or may not be. But my limited understanding was that it is about physical dominance and being top dog. They might have a hair trigger but they aren’t all lunging at any and every dog they see wanting to kill it. 

Like I said above my experience is limited. 

But we were talking at the start about a dog with 1/8 bull watered down...... I don’t think you can entirely blame the dog aggression “because it’s got bull in it”

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

i’ve seen had some great fun with them myself ron but i think there just like a greyhound but a bit stronger and stronger mouth some even take off like them 

your not trying for a bigger bull terrier your trying for a greyhound abit stronger with a bit more stamina 

or i could be talking shite again ? ?

Dont forget the greyhound has had bull blood added already.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Mate, I’m not a f*cking retard, I know what game bred Pitt bulls are used for.

So every game bred Pitt, cannot be ever let near any other canine, because it automatically just takes hold and tries to kill it, regardless of how that dog is acting, what type it is or anything else ? 

I don’t overly want to get into an argument about how psychotic game bred putts may or may not be. But my limited understanding was that it is about physical dominance and being top dog. They might have a hair trigger but they aren’t all lunging at any and every dog they see wanting to kill it. 

Like I said above my experience is limited. 

But we were talking at the start about a dog with 1/8 bull watered down...... I don’t think you can entirely blame the dog aggression “because it’s got bull in it”

the few i been around can’t be let near any dog or animal for that matter they just kill em if they didn’t they not bred to type 

from a cat to horse 

like i said earlier in thread litters off them are killing each other when other types are getting weaned ? 

1 minute ago, mush said:

Dont forget the greyhound has had bull blood added already.

?suppose to a been added hundred year o so ago mush by a dominant greyhound breeder can’t remember the name 

i’ve seen some greyhounds that will kill everything in sight nasty fackers 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

the few i been around can’t be let near any dog or animal for that matter they just kill em if they didn’t they not bred to type 

from a cat to horse 

like i said earlier in thread litters off them are killing each other when other types are getting weaned ? 

So what you’re saying is that unless it’s a total liability around all life forms, then it isn’t a game bred Pitt bull. If for example a Pitt bull did not kill the chickens in the yard then it isn’t game bred and will be no good for it’s intended job. Interesting. 

Does that go the same for bull x Lurchers to, that it isn’t a proper animal  unless it wants to nail everything it sees ? 

It probably depends on your definition of "game" if its to do with cocks or fighting dogs then i think they probable got it built in to just fly at anything. If you lean towards dogs working other quarry then you equate gameness with that dogs drive and reluctance to give up.....Not its ability to attack any other dog and be a complete liability. My sisters boyfriend had an unplanned mating between a pitt and a ridgeback cross. Two pups were killed by their siblings at 8 weeks old, I offered to PTS the others as all he could see was £ signs.

• Like 1