The big lad's getting dog aggressive, anyone got any tips?

22 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

So if you’re 27” bull x nails a terrier it’s game ? pull the other one mate. Just like it don’t take a game dog to kill a fox. Gameness to me is going into a situation where you’re gonna get hurt and maybe get beat, but you go into it head first with a smile ? not throwing something smaller than you around me.

I know a few game bred bulls and they can be walked down the street on a lead no muzzle, be out and about the yard with other dogs etc. Sure if it kicks off they are going to finish it, but they aren’t diving across the yard to kill any dog it sees. That’s not gAmeness, that’s being a prick. 

a game bred bull will want to kill every dog it sees mate regardless of size 

well it will if it’s any cop

Edited by mC HULL

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting the idea of gameness and aggression, greyhounds are game, they will drive their bodies to destruction to get contact with their quarry, well past the point most dogs would throw the towel

If the dog is that way inclined no amount of hidings will stop it. Either learn to live with it or don't. 

Let’s all just take a moment to show appreciation that Greb has had no input in this thread or it could be 1000x more cringe haha 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

4AB5E3D6-0FB4-40C3-AEF8-2F44110D79CD.gif

? i’ve seen loads a layed back greyhounds mate that will fly into any thing full pelt ? 

i think some of the traits people think come from the bull are really from the greyhound ? 

Edited by mC HULL

Mine was fine until he matured and cleared two. He just seemed to have a hell of a run of bad luck prior to that and got nailed loads by random dogs out and about so that was my fault. He turned the tables one day when a bulldog ran out from behind a car and latched onto his face. I tried to kick it out way before it got hold and failed. Anyway he turned the tables in a second and we only got him off off when he let go to get a better grip :(  From that day forward it went down hill. His eight now with cancer and to be honest it will be a sad day when he goes but a relief at the same time. Best hunting dog I have ever had and super obedient and like working with another person. But it all counts for nothing due to that issue. A working dog that needs to work free and will try a demolish the farmers pet jack Russel or any thing else is basically useless  

• Like 4

Nothing like cracking open a nice new can of worms eh? Haha, I shouldn't have bothered ;)

Find it interesting people's ideas on bull x in the mix and what it does. My only experience of a full blood bull is my best mates bitch and shes a cnut tbf. Lovely with people, arse with anything else.

Big lad's definitely game.. worrying about doubling him up his first time out wasn't needed.. he's just definitely a fxking prick as well. I've got f**k all idea what happened to him before me though and judging by the state he came in, it could be anything.

For my 10p worth, I don't rate a game dog should be dog aggressive, regardless of breeding. In the whole nature and nurture thing, I rate a dogs behaviour is more nurture than anything.

2 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Sounds like he's needing work and plenty of it. Do you know his breeding going back?

Have sometimes wondered if I give him enough tbh. 

Breeding is saluki x bull gray X collie x grew.. all the fecking prey drives, haha. 

6 minutes ago, 3dumb said:

Nothing like cracking open a nice new can of worms eh? Haha, I shouldn't have bothered ;)

Find it interesting people's ideas on bull x in the mix and what it does. My only experience of a full blood bull is my best mates bitch and shes a cnut tbf. Lovely with people, arse with anything else.

Big lad's definitely game.. worrying about doubling him up his first time out wasn't needed.. he's just definitely a fxking prick as well. I've got f**k all idea what happened to him before me though and judging by the state he came in, it could be anything.

For my 10p worth, I don't rate a game dog should be dog aggressive, regardless of breeding. In the whole nature and nurture thing, I rate a dogs behaviour is more nurture than anything.

Have sometimes wondered if I give him enough tbh. 

Breeding is saluki x bull gray X collie x grew.. all the fecking prey drives, haha. 

To be fair it’s a very small amount of bull and I wouldn’t be looking to the bull anyway. I’ve got a dog bred similar and it’s the bit of collie in her that makes her a narky twat. All of the bull xs I’ve had have been out and out killers and yet sound with her dogs. The big dog I lost start of this season was a lump, I remember one day a terrier ran up and locked onto his neck, he stood there looking a bit confused ? eventually lost his patience and tossed the terrier ? hard dog but not a twat.