The big lad's getting dog aggressive, anyone got any tips?

9 hours ago, gamerooster said:

Few lads on here haven't got a clue, kept bull terriers for years. No amount of beatings would of stopped them from being dog aggressive.

If the dog is a good worker, either accept him for what he is or give him to someone who knows how to handle a dog like that.

Was that your teenage years or your early twenties ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting the idea of gameness and aggression, greyhounds are game, they will drive their bodies to destruction to get contact with their quarry, well past the point most dogs would throw the towel

If the dog is that way inclined no amount of hidings will stop it. Either learn to live with it or don't. 

Let’s all just take a moment to show appreciation that Greb has had no input in this thread or it could be 1000x more cringe haha 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

i know mate but what traits were the bull used for 

Not being a dog aggressive c**t. 

Look, I get what you’re saying. 

But I have seen some very very good bull xs, which were not dog aggressive and were laid back to f**k. They would all finish a fight for sure, but would not start them or be aggy with dogs for no reason.

My lot don’t take a lot to kick off if another dog is being a c**t, but none of them just want to grab other dogs for the fun of it. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, gamerooster said:

Got my first dog at 21, second at 24 and got a bitch last year to get a litter from but she didn't take and had a cancerous growth so got her pts.

I was just being facetious mate. Just often folk talk about the “years” which makes them sound like old boys with decades of experience.... but like you they mean 5/6 years.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, C.green said:

You boys saying its got bull n wheaton so to be expected need to give your heads a shake its a lurcher ! Had bull greyhounds that had the odd kennel fight but were brand new out n about having fighters is no good to me i like bit of bushing n that and not worrying about a terrier getting broke apart over a kill

spot on, lets face it if dog  aggressive like that it no good, ive been in few situations in the past, where going out lamping had a invite , going put my dog in the back of a van etc, but there dog or dogs are aggressive , and there no fookin way am i putting by big dog in there with them, Christ they get hurt enough working, never mind getting attacked by another dog. my big dog big daft thing and i dont wont it any other way, if he changed his temp he be nightmare to take out. i had kelpie x collie x grey bitch , that was twat for fighting , i hit it loads of times, but in the end pts, but i deff try to let the dog knows who boss and stop it fighting hit the bugger, if still no good pts .

56 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Not being a dog aggressive c**t. 

Look, I get what you’re saying. 

But I have seen some very very good bull xs, which were not dog aggressive and were laid back to f**k. They would all finish a fight for sure, but would not start them or be aggy with dogs for no reason.

My lot don’t take a lot to kick off if another dog is being a c**t, but none of them just want to grab other dogs for the fun of it. 

i agree no good been dog aggressive my dog can be near kill etc but pack dogs in a boot out mooching no bother at all 

but surely it was gameness they used them for in the first place 

but there again how game do they need to be doubled up on a charlie ? 

will get some pages on here today ? 

i agree no good been dog aggressive my dog can be near kill etc but pack dogs in a boot out mooching no bother at all 

but surely it was gameness they used them for in the first place 

but there again how game do they need to be doubled up on a charlie ? 

will get some pages on here today ? 

Gameness  isn’t the same as being a dog aggressive bullying c*nt. 

• Like 7

that comes with gameness sheep you put a bull x in with. a gamebred bull it will tuck tail mate 

So if you’re 27” bull x nails a terrier it’s game ? pull the other one mate. Just like it don’t take a game dog to kill a fox. Gameness to me is going into a situation where you’re gonna get hurt and maybe get beat, but you go into it head first with a smile ? not throwing something smaller than you around me.

I know a few game bred bulls and they can be walked down the street on a lead no muzzle, be out and about the yard with other dogs etc. Sure if it kicks off they are going to finish it, but they aren’t diving across the yard to kill any dog it sees. That’s not gAmeness, that’s being a prick. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

So if you’re 27” bull x nails a terrier it’s game ? pull the other one mate. Just like it don’t take a game dog to kill a fox. Gameness to me is going into a situation where you’re gonna get hurt and maybe get beat, but you go into it head first with a smile ? not throwing something smaller than you around me.

I know a few game bred bulls and they can be walked down the street on a lead no muzzle, be out and about the yard with other dogs etc. Sure if it kicks off they are going to finish it, but they aren’t diving across the yard to kill any dog it sees. That’s not gAmeness, that’s being a prick. 

That's all good with some. But no amount of training with others will stop them from being liabilities. Most of the eastern European dogs I've seen are utter liabilities that have a go at anything.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

So you’re telling me that any game bred dog just wants to muller any other canine it comes across? 

mate a gamebred litter will kill each other until there’s one left 

a game dog wants to kill everything it sees 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3