Russia Ukraine WW3

I hope I'm wrong, but reading this thread I get the bad feeling there's people on here who appear to hate the west in general, and America in particular, and have admiration and respect for Putin and Russia.

I'm fairly well travelled and have met people of very many races, religions and nationalities, and, sure, there's good and bad in all, but on the whole, I'd rather be in a western democracy, despite its failings, than in an authoritarian dictatorship like Russia, China, North Korea.

I think and hope its mostly banter, and the usual " I'll just say the opposite to get a reaction" and not peoples genuine feelings ?

Cheers.

• Like 6

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to my bunker, can someone pm me when it's safe to come out. 

In 2022, a crack long distance unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the general talk section of th

True story, I knew a lad lived in a flat who had a bedroom for his horticultural interests, I phoned him when he was at home and said "Mate, make sure your extraction is on point, the bizzies are flyi

Posted Images

1 hour ago, McVey said:

Aye I bet you have mate.

Nobody said there was reports of thousands of rapes commited by British soldiers, "us" meant Brits and US with the Yanks making up most of them.

!

Edited by levigsp
  • Confused 1

Rape and war to hand in hand. People rape people in war zones, even people they aren’t fighting against. Some strange stats I wish I could remember from studying it, but the level of rape by UN army personnel on other UN army personnel in Bosnia for example was mad. 

And if you think that a largely non professional army didn’t commit plenty of rapes when invading other countries during a world war ...... just because they were British.

Then you are laughably naive.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, McVey said:

Ah that's it, being objective is now labelled as being anti-west?

Nobody in their right mind could admire what the Soviets did, as for the current situation I wouldn't call things black & white, still, war shouldn't be admired or respected when innocent people are getting slaughtered.

It’s comedy gold. It’s becoming like America .... if you question the government, the country or your fellow citizens ...... you’re a freedom hating, own country hating, god dam communist! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I hope I'm wrong, but reading this thread I get the bad feeling there's people on here who appear to hate the west in general, and America in particular, and have admiration and respect for Putin and Russia.

I'm fairly well travelled and have met people of very many races, religions and nationalities, and, sure, there's good and bad in all, but on the whole, I'd rather be in a western democracy, despite its failings, than in an authoritarian dictatorship like Russia, China, North Korea.

I think and hope its mostly banter, and the usual " I'll just say the opposite to get a reaction" and not peoples genuine feelings ?

Cheers.

I don’t hate the west, to hate the west would be to hate your own.

I hate who leads it and I hate lots of what it has become but that’s not the same thing as hating the west in general.

I also admire Putin for putting his country first, unapologetically first….if only a few more of ours would do that huh ? 
He has done no more in Ukraine than the USA has been doing for years all over the globe…..that’s not anti west, it’s just true.
I don’t think these things are mutually exclusive ?

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, levigsp said:

What do I know about the truth, a dam sight more than you, My whole family were there! I still spend 6 months a year over there.

So let look at you.

Can you tell me, were you there? were your parents? have you been told this as fact by anyone there? have you seen a film, or account at the time? a new paper from the time? do you ever spend time in these countries?  IF and only IF your truthful answer is yes to these questions, I will listen, but just reading the crap your typing tells me the truth. Another keyboard warrior who thinks he know it all.

we won the war and so wrote the history 

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

the last c**ts you would want invading  your homeland with women and daughters would be the russians but the west still did plenty there self 

as sheep said every army in every war threw history have been at it 

Edited by mC HULL
Just now, levigsp said:

And what about the people he has had murdered or sent to Siberia to die to line his own pockets, he only loves RUSSIA because it gives him an easy living he is vermin and a parasite that should be drowned in DDT or something similar. As for those who lead the west, I to dislike them, but they are in a totally different league to Putin.

What about them ?…..his people, his business ?

We send people to prison for saying words too….should Putin be cutting off our oil because of it ? 

Id politely suggest that western leaders are no different to Putin at all, they just go about things in a different way…..the outcomes are the same.

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

What about them ?…..his people, his business ?

We send people to prison for saying words too….should Putin be cutting off our oil because of it ? 

Id politely suggest that western leaders are no different to Putin at all, they just go about things in a different way…..the outcomes are the same.

think nothing of sanctioning full country’s starving people into submission to get there own way ? 

13 minutes ago, levigsp said:

I have and  no mention at the time.

Looting, robbery, art theft etc but no mass rapes by allied forces other than Russians, only two were reported after the war in 1945 , war crimes tribunal would have had a field day, if there were documented cases.

Rapine: German Women at the Mercy of their Conquerors during and after World War II – World War 2 Truth (ww2truth.com)

• Thanks 1
  • IanB changed the title to Russia Ukraine WW3