Renewal SGC

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why the past tense?? 

Personally I think it's wrong. All it will do is encourage anyone with any kind of mental illness of which can and does take hold of many at any given moment, deter them from getting treatment an

This is true, but let’s say “ john smith’s “ life isn’t going to well at the minute, he’s in a dead end job and his missus has ran off with the milkman, the only thing that cheers him up is busting a

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, si brown said:

ive been looking after a mates guns while he gets something sorted.. the report cost him £90 and the cert is still not sorted yet!

the top part makes some interesting reading.. its a pass the buck all round. 

B29A925E-7C29-4EE0-A1B7-DE5340E71F8D_1_201_a.jpeg.2779d6decb2754ec799796f4462eca49.jpeg

My point exactly. The BMA have sussed the police's game.

Very sleazy.

• Like 1

Spoke Dr’s today the person who deals with this is away for 10 days !! But she isn’t a doctor so asked why can’t you just ask one of the docs to read & sign as it’s down to them the end of the day but they to busy,,, seeing no one ?

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

GPs can only advise on relevant medical conditions it's the Police that still authorise or revoke certificates. 

This is true, but let’s say “ john smith’s “ life isn’t going to well at the minute, he’s in a dead end job and his missus has ran off with the milkman, the only thing that cheers him up is busting a few clays on a Saturday, he’s feeling a bit sorry for himself and makes an appointment to see his GP, the GP says I think you need to speak to someone and refers him to a councillor, this is now a medical intervention even though there’s no drugs involved. The GP then does what he should as there’s a marker on his file and informs firearms, firearms see this as councillor, depression, mental health and come straight round and remove his guns because in the extremely unlikely event he does something stupid they are to blame because the GP did what was asked of him, I’m not saying firearms shouldn’t be informed if it could affect someone’s suitability to have firearms but I can see tickets been revoked and people not seeking help in fear of losing their tickets 

Another quick one, a few years ago someone I know lost both his parents quite close together and struggled with it, he had FAC and SGC he went to the doctors and was sent to see a councillor, he said it was the best thing he ever did, talking things through with someone who doesn’t know you, he did his renewal a couple of years later and talked it through with his FEO, everything was spot on, I wonder now would he of been able to keep his tickets or would he of even gone to the doctors in the first place if he knew there was a chance of him having them revoked 

a lot of this has come off the back of the Plymouth shooting and trying to pass the book, the only people who were to blame for that was the police, they gave him is ticket back

• Like 4

I contested the ticking box on the application form that gives them permission to approach your doctor by not ticking the box one year.

Straight on the blower they were. I asked them how many times had they checked? None of my renewals. Exactly my point I said.

Absolute farse. 

I’m seriously thinking of applying for a shotgun license I have few permissions where it would be able to shoot and have backing of landowners one of them keeps whinging “when u gonna apply so u can do the pidgeons as well as squirrels as me and lad go with his air gun with terriers ? I had a pretty exiting life late teens early 20s no drugs or bad charges I’m 36 now  but been a good 12/15 years since seen inside of a police station would it be worth applying for it or would I be turned down flat due to history any advice appreciated?

5 minutes ago, Robbusher said:

I’m seriously thinking of applying for a shotgun license I have few permissions where it would be able to shoot and have backing of landowners one of them keeps whinging “when u gonna apply so u can do the pidgeons as well as squirrels as me and lad go with his air gun with terriers ? I had a pretty exiting life late teens early 20s no drugs or bad charges I’m 36 now  but been a good 12/15 years since seen inside of a police station would it be worth applying for it or would I be turned down flat due to history any advice appreciated?

Two chances. If you don't try you will never know. I suspect you will be ok as I know a few that have licences and have a bit of history. 

2 minutes ago, Robbusher said:

They look at each application individually, possession of a shotgun is as straight forward as it gets, you want to go and shoot clays, you don’t need anywhere to take it, but can use it to shoot on land where you have permission, I was what many would call a bit of a character ( or twat ) when I was younger and I’d kept my nose clean for a few years and applied for and was granted a SGC a few years later got my FAC, just be completely honest when filling the form out, you pays your money you takes your chance ?

• Like 3

My doc didn't charge, my renewal letter came early October got a visit early November, they phoned my referees and took money two days later, still waiting an ticket runs out 28th January, no manning offices because of corvid an no reply to emails, they managed my variations same week, bloody farce now blaming wuhan flu ?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

My renewal letter landed on saturday morning and I didn't realise you have to do this but after a bit of research I found these guys....

WWW.MEDCERT.CO.UK

Applying for or renewing your firearms or shotgun licence? MedCert provides a fast and...

£60 so I got one ordered straight away it looks a simple and hastle free way to get it done.

• Like 2