Renewal SGC

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why the past tense?? 

Personally I think it's wrong. All it will do is encourage anyone with any kind of mental illness of which can and does take hold of many at any given moment, deter them from getting treatment an

This is true, but let’s say “ john smith’s “ life isn’t going to well at the minute, he’s in a dead end job and his missus has ran off with the milkman, the only thing that cheers him up is busting a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Yes you need it now its law. I am just completing my renewal applications now and have handed the medical questionnaire in to the GP .....they charge between £40 and £70 for the privilege of completing it.

They can also refuse leaving you to find a GMC registered doctor that’s willing to do it 

24 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

My doctor charged £15 and it was ready to collect in two days, so that seems good compared to many?

Very good , I chased mine yesterday after they have had it a week to be told the person that does them is on holiday and not back until next week . It is not priority and will have to wait . I have everything  else sorted just need this form , luckily renewal not until May.

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Very good , I chased mine yesterday after they have had it a week to be told the person that does them is on holiday and not back until next week . It is not priority and will have to wait . I have everything  else sorted just need this form , luckily renewal not until May.

Ask for a temporary certificate. 

I am talking about the medical form ,my FAC and SGC dont expire until May so still plenty time. As long as you get your application in 8 weeks before renewal if they dont meet the deadline they automatically give you an 8 week extension. If still not sorted then ask for a Section 7 ? Durham have a huge backlog just hope mine gets sorted by then.

Waiting for my renewal with baited breath as the doctor ticked the big red box neurological issues. Due to an essential tremour I got diagnosed worth few years ago. Nothing to worry about doesn't affect me and no treatment needed. Doctor put all good stuff about it in the notes bit. I only went at the time in case it was start of some thing else. Gun cert never entered my mind and wish I hadn't bothered in hind site. Any way fingers crossed  

Personally I think it's wrong.

All it will do is encourage anyone with any kind of mental illness of which can and does take hold of many at any given moment, deter them from getting treatment and thus possibly make the situation worse!

Henceforth why I believe that while the authorities act under a banner of protecting the general public are in fact just mitigating themselves from any accountability!

Crazy world....

• Like 5

Medical fitness is one of the factors police must consider when assessing a person's suitability to possess a firearm  or shotgun.   The police will also tell your GP to add a marker to your patient record that you hold firearms . Your GP must advise the police if you are diagnosed with relevant medical conditions or have any concerns. 

It’s just a blame culture, I read the full GMC guidance last night and it seems like they are putting it in the doctors court where as before it was up to firearms to carry out the required check, which we all gave them permission to do, I can see that now it’s in the hands of the GP’s that in between renewals they are in a position to inform firearms if a person has became unsuitable but like SD said it will stop people seeking help if they think they will lose their tickets