Renewal SGC

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why the past tense?? 

Personally I think it's wrong. All it will do is encourage anyone with any kind of mental illness of which can and does take hold of many at any given moment, deter them from getting treatment an

This is true, but let’s say “ john smith’s “ life isn’t going to well at the minute, he’s in a dead end job and his missus has ran off with the milkman, the only thing that cheers him up is busting a

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Money well spent ? the greedy, lazy basta*ds ☹️

Now I just have to see how long the Police take to process my renewals. They dont expire until May so getting them in with plenty of time as dont want to have to put my guns in storage,  which will cost £100 a month ?

28 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Now I just have to see how long the Police take to process my renewals. They dont expire until May so getting them in with plenty of time as dont want to have to put my guns in storage,  which will cost £100 a month ?

No need for storage.  Your entitled to a temporary certificate if they are late.

• Like 2

This is all part of the risk averse, LAZY, and covering my arse culture we live in today, when it all goes wrong people love to wave a piece of paper and say, NOT MY FAULT, I'VE DONE MY JOB! 

My medical report for FAC was £50 about 14 months ago!!!!:(

Should register with my quack, he doesn't charge.

From October 3rd till I got my ticket today 26th January it's taken, blaming the wuhan flu still. Variations posted Saturday used be returned Thursday/Friday same week, now estimated sixteen weeks plus, because there's a bit of a cold going round!

Least my renewal got to me two days before my old one expires ???

Medical report charging is a con except for 1st grant. 

All they have to do is check for any changes in the last 4 years which given most medical records are computerised these days is either going to be a key word search or maybe the system will even have allowed mental health or relevent condition notes to be flagged for future reference making finding them easier.

Either way, I'm, not seeing lots of work leading to huge fees. A key word search takes seconds. They can't even comment anyway, only report facts which considering doctors notes are brief, takes only a few seconds and so it won't even be the doctors time but a secretaries.

All for medicals, just not charging. It's just another rip off to put people off ownership.

Edited by Alsone

my shotgun cert run out a good few weeks ago ,police couldnt visit me due to the backlog with house calls and covid ,i have had two cover letters to go with my now out of date cert allowing me to buy carts etc , northumbria , i asked about having a telephone interview in relation to the renewal but was told it wasnt possible because i had one last time. nothing has changed ,same guns ,same house ,same position of cabinate. lived there for the last 3o year ,and no mental issues.from what i can gather this is the norm at the minute,

33 minutes ago, codmaster127 said:

my shotgun cert run out a good few weeks ago ,police couldnt visit me due to the backlog with house calls and covid ,i have had two cover letters to go with my now out of date cert allowing me to buy carts etc , northumbria , i asked about having a telephone interview in relation to the renewal but was told it wasnt possible because i had one last time. nothing has changed ,same guns ,same house ,same position of cabinate. lived there for the last 3o year ,and no mental issues.from what i can gather this is the norm at the minute,

Are you Durham or Northumbria ?

5 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

Just doing my renewal. Doctors form £36. Some of my mates there Doctors have not charged. But I suppose on the grand scheme of it all still cheap for five years

Mine charged £15 and did it straight away. I think they just think of a price on a whim because they all seem to be different. Either that, or they refuse to do it at all, then it’s £60 for medi-cert.....?

3 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Mine charged £15 and did it straight away. I think they just think of a price on a whim because they all seem to be different. Either that, or they refuse to do it at all, then it’s £60 for medi-cert.....?

Very true sir. My wife was annoyed and said they must just make it up

On 26/01/2022 at 11:22, Stavross said:

Money well spent ? the greedy, lazy basta*ds ☹️

At lesat the rear of the form gets it's right in that the GP isn't allowed to express an opinion.

Shows what a rip off the fee is. How long does it take to fill that out based on computerised records, 5 mins?