More bad news

44 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

I'm an oldie, so I no longer want (or need) to freelance,...but, in the past, I have experienced hassle from a few misguided fellows, who vigorously offered,.. to either take my dogs from me, or shoot them....?

This type of behaviour is completely unacceptable....

Over the years I have noticed, that the penalties for having a walk out, have slowly but surely been getting far harsher.

I've always paid my dues and somehow, found the vonga, to pay my fines, and of course, I have been handed out several thrashings....mostly well deserved..?

But,.. I always believed that such events, kinda go with the territory,.. shit  happens,.. etc, etc.. ?

Nowadays, I keep running dogs as family pets, I still love to hear about the exploits, successes and adventures of other  contemporary hunters,.. but I have scant desire myself, to kill too many critters...

My most recent encounter with a officer of the law, ended fairly quickly, when he told me he had the right to impound my cur bitch.. I was innocent of any wrong doing and was simply, in the wrong place, at the wrong time..?

I told the guy straight to his face, that if he or any colleagues attempted to steal my dog,.. they would be turning a pathetic stop and search , into a major fecking incident,...so why make trouble for us all, when you don't need to.

Yeah,. .I'm not keen on losing my dogs, I've lost enough of them 'in action'...so feck all that malarkey.?

pic90.jpg

Very good post. And that is exactly it. A good mate took one look at those new laws and said “my friend, it is all about to become a whole lot more reckless”. He is right. If like you say you have to pay a fine, that’s the cost of doing buisness. But to take the dogs ? And then be surprised when folk don’t stop or get out of their motor for a debate about the rights and wrongs of it all? If the choice is between a fine and a fight, that’s one thing, but loss of dogs and a fight ..... not such an easy choice. 

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never had permission to course hares, even before the ban. Its allways been illegal for me, so no change. Will a magistrate put a 70 year old man who's dog run off and chased a big rabb

It's all but over for average lurcher owners, sure there'll be the die hards that will carry on regardless but normal lads that made up the majority are getting out of the game for one reason or anoth

Phil ,I used the same word when I posted my disgust on their page earlier..... embarrassment!!! Then the patronising words that you don't need to take one for the pot nowadays as food is easily a

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But don't you think that's because you can spot a gypsy a mile off? ?

All I can say is it's tried and tested, and it depends on where and when you get spotted I suppose. 

I’m just going by all of the WhatsApp groups and local face book crap. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

All I can say is it's tried and tested, and it depends on where and when you get spotted I suppose. 

Hi-viz and white van=legitimacy ? clip-board or Screwfix catalogue and hard hat on the dash. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
6 minutes ago, mackem said:

Hi-viz and white van=legitimacy ? clip-board or Screwfix catalogue and hard hat on the dash. 

Another good dodge if you left a few carcass by the verge is 2 set up cones and temporary traffic lights then proceed 2 resurface the section o Road where it is  no one will ever question u then 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
34 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I'm on about going to pick gear up the day after, not out lamping with the dogs. 

You won't get much big tackle in a saloon with a motor full of dogs. ?

I’d love to know how many folk do actually take bigger stuff home. Mind I don’t suppose half the stuff folk say they catch is actually caught. But I bet a lot of lads leave pretty much everything where it drops, possibly not by choice. But I think there is a growing percentage of dog lads who’ve grown up with the ban, so they’ve never actually taken anything home, never eaten their catch, or sold it, or even fed it to their dogs. They mostly seem to do what they do for tik tok so they can post shit videos with bad hip hop playing over them and refer to them selves as a ‘crew’.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Another good dodge if you left a few carcass by the verge is 2 set up cones and temporary traffic lights then proceed 2 resurface the section o Road where it is  no one will ever question u then 

To be fair it’s been known to leave carcasses in road side ditches and just go pick them up next morning and say you’re picking up road kill. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Why do I get the feeling on topics like this you're just giving away secrets to prying eyes. 

There's members on here batting for the opposition probably bin on here longer than a murfuker no one knows who the are but they are here 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Dug many a road side verges at daft o’clock in morning with high viz an a van parked up, an always used the wife’s motor the next day to move anything bigger than a hare when we was out most nights, but it wasn’t unusual for us to get a pull up here an cops look on back an couldn’t even tell the hares from the rabbits an let us on our way?

You and G lighting up the fuucking field like a Star Wars fire fight. D and me in the works van twitching like a rabbits nose in a storm ffs ???

Edited by mushroom
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Greb147 said:

But don't you think that's because you can spot a gypsy a mile off? ?

I drove round in an old daihatshu fourtrak with just a stick on number plate on the bonnet for a few seasons ,kept losing them offroading?...farmers etc always gave me a smile,wave you on,never had a tug in it,up and all over Scotland, Liverpool early hrs of the morning,up and down the m4 corridor days flatout digging and nights on the lamp traveling back to wales ...2 seats in the front,back ones out,triple terrier box and a runner or 2..best motor I've had for knocking doors getting permission ??20160725_131543.jpg.0cd6a8ea2db3c0ff43770773c33ebd12.jpg494653705_20160116_1233203.jpg.867805b41b823ae2b529922399f1ce72.jpg

• Like 5
3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Dug many a road side verges at daft o’clock in morning with high viz an a van parked up, an always used the wife’s motor the next day to move anything bigger than a hare when we was out most nights, but it wasn’t unusual for us to get a pull up here an cops look on back an couldn’t even tell the hares from the rabbits an let us on our way?

Dug a few verges ourselves over the years Lol. 

• Like 2