So these are your heros testing their dogs ?

52 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

You going jail if you get collard with a xbow or machete and don't see why any dog man would go out with one to run a dog ,let's face it we not in walking dead just yet lol  some folk do get upset when there perm is getting hammered ,maybe they not doing the right way but only way to stop it is get out and sort it or leave land owner to it .

You’re clueless matey 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if it's the way you phrase it, or the way I read it, but you allways seem to equate lads on here who actually work their dogs, with the arseholes who you despise so much. Well, we ar

Fair play i definetly wasn’t expecting that. ?   it just saddens me to think that people would genuinely believe the way to get the most out of what little sport we have left is to have a total

I’ve noticed that this is how you argue with folk. If you don’t have an argument you just change it to try to make it look like the person you’re debating with is arguing a stupid point. Either that o

Posted Images

I've told this story on here before, and it's 100% true.

Many years ago, two lads I knew were out lamping, and got pulled by the 'keeper and two of his mates.

The 'keeper was well known for getting violent, but only when he had backup.

Anyway, he hit one of the lads, without provocation, in the face with one of those yellow lamps, the type you buy from Halfords, splitting his lips and breaking his nose.

The lads pal pulled a machete from under his coat, and buried into the 'keepers shoulder with such force the handle snapped off !

The 'keeper was lucky......it was aimed at his head !

The 'keepers mates ran away , leaving him on the ground, and the two lads legged it.

I don't know the outcome, but said at the time, is all this worth it for a rabbit or a hare ? I think not !

Cheers.

I would have thought the best thing to deal with these situations is let the police deal with them though my self in the past i have come across a few keepers and landowners with murderous intent and some who have been granted permission who all of a sudden think they are the long lost son of Earl Fitzwilliam or some other landed gentry how they act against trespassers'.

I guess it all comes down to ways and means, some things, to me at least, are acceptable and some things are definitely not.

I have no doubt we get poached a bit but theres barely any evidence and therefore it's not on our radar too much.

Previously we've had trophy animals killed, beheaded and left, gates smashed and vehicles and property stolen. This illicits an entirely different response simply because its an entirely different crime.

No doubt this pisses off our "regulars" who have been carrying on quietly and without doing too much harm

• Like 3

? I suppose one's attitude towards freelancers, frequently depends upon which side of the fence you are standing?

Where you have game to plunder you will inevitably encounter men who wish to take it for themselves,.. this is the way of things...However, there is a strange culture around today, whereby a lot of young guys believe that driving the land and taking game of the wealthy or even, just acting the part of a rural rebel  is the correct mode of behaviour. 

To say that 'they know no better' is really simplifying the matter,.. because the facts are, the groups of lads that venture out into the darkness are not out to harvest quarry to sell for profit, they run the hares and the deer because they have purchased running dogs and can find no other outlet for using them.. They believe that this is what ya do❗

Some groups stick at it for a few seasons, but most grow up, and eventually tire of the senseless hassle being harassed by Police and Landowners...Few men these days, hunt because they need to earn a crust,  and the crazy, laughing, giggling clowns who play the cat and mouse games , night after night, are just doing it for the craic...

Only one thing can really stop them, and that is themselves?

I make no apology for repeating my old pal Glenn Water's words to me, when he said....

"These silly feckers should get the Jail ,...for impersonating poachers" ..?

Stay safe now lads,...kind regards, OldPhil..?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 8
45 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

? I suppose one's attitude towards freelancers, frequently depends upon which side of the fence you are standing?

Where you have game to plunder you will inevitably encounter men who wish to take it for themselves,.. this is the way of things...However, there is a strange culture around today, whereby a lot of young guys believe that driving the land and taking game of the wealthy or even, just acting the part of a rural rebel  is the correct mode of behaviour. 

To say that 'they know no better' is really simplifying the matter,.. because the facts are, the groups of lads that venture out into the darkness are not out to harvest quarry to sell for profit, they run the hares and the deer because they have purchased running dogs and can find no other outlet for using them.. They believe that this is what ya do❗

Some groups stick at it for a few seasons, but most grow up, and eventually tire of the senseless hassle being harassed by Police and Landowners...Few men these days, hunt because they need to earn a crust,  and the crazy, laughing, giggling clowns who play the cat and mouse games , night after night, are just doing it for the craic...

Only one thing can really stop them, and that is themselves?

I make no apology for repeating my old pal Glenn Water's words to me, when he said....

"These silly feckers should get the Jail ,...for impersonating poachers" ..?

Stay safe now lads,...kind regards, OldPhil..?

img Scans262.jpg

Forgive me as you are simply a stranger over the Internet to myself, I'm sure to others who actually know you, you are much more. But whatever thread you write on, on whichever subject, I cannot help but sit back and take it what your saying, much like I enjoyed listening to tales from my grandfather and uncles about their country pursuits. Thank you OldPhil and I look forward to reading many more of your posts. 

P.s apologies this actually had nothing to do with thought of these "heroes". 

Edited by scottpenn28
8 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

You going jail if you get collard with a xbow or machete and don't see why any dog man would go out with one to run a dog ,let's face it we not in walking dead just yet lol  some folk do get upset when there perm is getting hammered ,maybe they not doing the right way but only way to stop it is get out and sort it or leave land owner to it .

Erm holla! 

I got pulled years ago and had the machete behind the drivers seat fezzers on the back seat etc. When the copper opened the door for me to get back in and grab my shit before they towed it. Fuucking huge machete fell out right next to me ? He looked at it, looked at me and stepped back quick sharp. I explained why I had it, I was on my way home from permission, so no harm done and I was sent on my way with all my gear (minus my trusty red Nissan Micra ?)and no prison term ?

7 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

You’re clueless matey 

If you that bothered then you and your pals wait on the mandate give them a talking to ,if not stop whining about it and live with it ,clueless you wouldn't say that to me face just like you won't be pulling these lads .

Just now, mushroom said:

Erm holla! 

I got pulled years ago and had the machete behind the drivers seat fezzers on the back seat etc. When the copper opened the door for me to get back in and grab my shit before they towed it. Fuucking huge machete fell out right next to me ? He looked at it, looked at me and stepped back quick sharp. I explained why I had it, I was on my way home from permission, so no harm done and I was sent on my way with all my gear (minus my trusty red Nissan Micra ?)and no prison term ?

That's different bud ,you not walking about with it in your coat waiting to put it in someone and like you say it few Yr ago ,you get nabbed with one in coat your going to a cell for the night. 

1 minute ago, Moocher71 said:

If you that bothered then you and your pals wait on the mandate give them a talking to ,if not stop whining about it and live with it ,clueless you wouldn't say that to me face just like you won't be pulling these lads .

Like I said mate, about this particular situation, you are clueless. Thats not meant nastily, but the way you're chatting just suggests you have zero experience of this stuff, how it is here at the moment.

And I've said I wont be pulling these lads, as someone else said to me lately "Id like to be able to come back to my kennels and not find my dogs gone or hanging from the ceiling". And thats coming from a lad who generally gives no fucks.

And yes I would tell you you're clueless about this to your face.

As for whining, the whole thread started as a bit of a light hearted dig at Wilf lol, based on some of his comments on another ahead.

7 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I've told this story on here before, and it's 100% true.

Many years ago, two lads I knew were out lamping, and got pulled by the 'keeper and two of his mates.

The 'keeper was well known for getting violent, but only when he had backup.

Anyway, he hit one of the lads, without provocation, in the face with one of those yellow lamps, the type you buy from Halfords, splitting his lips and breaking his nose.

The lads pal pulled a machete from under his coat, and buried into the 'keepers shoulder with such force the handle snapped off !

The 'keeper was lucky......it was aimed at his head !

The 'keepers mates ran away , leaving him on the ground, and the two lads legged it.

I don't know the outcome, but said at the time, is all this worth it for a rabbit or a hare ? I think not !

Cheers.

Some keepers are cnuts and if they willing on given a beating then sooner or later they going to get one themselves 

That's different bud ,you not walking about with it in your coat waiting to put it in someone and like you say it few Yr ago ,you get nabbed with one in coat your going to a cell for the night. 

Mate these lads are NEVER on foot, and they aint stopping for the police or anyone. If they get stopped, chances are they are getting arrested anyway.

Now you have to realise that I'm not painting lads who poach or drive the land with the same brush, this aint about that at all.

This is just some next level silliness which us causing a lot of both for anyway and there is pretty much f**k all anyone can do about it.

One video i think there was well into double figures jeeps in one field. 

And I'm also not siding with all of the keepers as a lot of them are pricks also. 

No but I was an hour before they pulled me, in the poachers pocket of my wax no less ?

Granted I wasn’t out to stab anyone but accidents can and do happen in the countryside :whistling:

Just now, SheepChaser said:

Mate these lads are NEVER on foot, and they aint stopping for the police or anyone. If they get stopped, chances are they are getting arrested anyway.

Now you have to realise that I'm not painting lads who poach or drive the land with the same brush, this aint about that at all.

This is just some next level silliness which us causing a lot of both for anyway and there is pretty much f**k all anyone can do about it.

One video i think there was well into double figures jeeps in one field. 

And I'm also not siding with all of the keepers as a lot of them are pricks also. 

It's a case for the gavers then ,let them do what they get payed for or are they worried about this group as well .