Surprised and disappointed at this site.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought something may have been mentioned on here today as it’s armistice day …. anyway lest we forget ……

As much love,respect and appreciation as we all have for fallen soldiers its hard to stomach a society that demands that for 1 day of the year we act all patriotic and proud of the sacrifice men made

Mate, surely it’s about remembering, not posting on a forum/fb/insta etc.

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, socks said:

I thought something may have been mentioned on here today as it’s armistice day ….

anyway lest we forget ……

0169E990-2B80-4541-8E73-B433EEC0A7A0.jpeg

Quite  right  ? and as a hunting sight it is all but finished  ! people only come here to talk about their twinges ,  what the latest film they saw was or any other topic they overhear at the job centre .

• Like 3

Had a look in earlier and was a bit surprised there wasn’t the expected ‘Lest we forget’ thread going. Can’t say I was disappointed though, and I certainly didn’t get the urge to start a thread. I think many people like me still remember those that made the ultimate sacrifice for us all, with a moment of quiet contemplation, and the wearing of a poppy. 

• Thanks 1

We switched off our machines at 11 and had a 2 minutes silence, was quite sad as it brought my mind to a relative who died at Gallipoli aged 21.

Just a quick thought of his parents losing their child at that age who probably didn't fully understand how bad it would be. 

I was born in the 40s and grew up through the 50s and 60s what i thought as normal in those days  was to see people  with limbs missing or destroyed faces , this  could be seen in any town or village in England  and anywhere else in the World i imagine , what i never heard  from any that i met was complaining about their injuries ! they just got on with it and done the best they could....What a Breed they were ! and what would they think of todays stock who think they are being brave when they sit behind a computer talking about the agony of  Toothache, Sciatica and a twinge in the Shoulder.

3 minutes ago, micky said:

I was born in the 40s and grew up through the 50s and 60s what i thought as normal in those days  was to see people  with limbs missing or destroyed faces , this  could be seen in any town or village in England  and anywhere else in the World i imagine , what i never heard  from any that i met was complaining about their injuries ! they just got on with it and done the best they could....What a Breed they were ! and what would they think of todays stock who think they are being brave when they sit behind a computer talking about the agony of  Toothache, Sciatica and a twinge in the Shoulder.

Give it up mate , you're the dopey sod on general section complaining it's not hunting related , stop reading the drivel, are you incapable of switching off your computer or go and set a trap or something. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, pesky1972 said:

Had a look in earlier and was a bit surprised there wasn’t the expected ‘Lest we forget’ thread going. Can’t say I was disappointed though, and I certainly didn’t get the urge to start a thread. I think many people like me still remember those that made the ultimate sacrifice for us all, with a moment of quiet contemplation, and the wearing of a poppy. 

Maybe that’s the difference between somebody that’s served and somebody that hasn’t …….

• Like 2

I've always wondered how long it will be before it vanishes if it ever does, I hope not. 

I mean I'm sure those throughout history have honoured the dead in battle but eventually it becomes a distant memory and left in the history books. 

I suppose Remembrance Day is in memory of all that have fallen but it's emphasis is of those killed during WW1. 

1 hour ago, pesky1972 said:

thats the thing isnt it, the world revolves around social media now. i did my 2 minutes the same as i do every year and ill do the same on sunday but i dont feel it should be pushed on people and if they cant remember to do it themselves maybe they dont care enough for it.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, baker boy said:

I asked everyone on site to observe the 2 min silence and on the stroke of 11 a fckn retard of a machine operator fired up his fckn machine

Put a good dolop of machine grease inside his door handle in the morning..and a good dolop inside his rag in the cab ?

• Like 1

11am this morning I observed the 2 minutes silence, we are having a bit of a sort out in the house at the moment and came across some video discs of a visit by my wife her twin sister and Mother to Krangi War Memorial in Singapore where they visited to pay respect to their fallen Grandfather and Father who was a warrior of the Leicestershire Regiment.

We watched the discs the other day and today I thought of my wife’s grandfather who gave his life, but then I was angry at the news of another 800 crossing the channel today, 1200 the last couple of days and thought what was it all for we are being INVADED and no one seems to give a f**k individual action will solve nothing, what is going on men died to stop an invasion and today we are ferrying them over this government are traitors to our past and present population and the RNLI what on earth are they doing if a lorry driver committed their crimes they would be locked up.

To say I am unhappy at the present situation is an understatement I think the tipping point has been reached and there is no going back.

• Like 4